[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer [Updated for 1.0.7]

salival

salival,

Question/Request for you that is half on topic and half off topic.  On topic is that it involves locking and unlocking vehicles and is somewhat like a master key.

My question/request is this:

Is it at all possible to use the same system for locking/unlocking vaults/lock boxes and doors that assigns your ID to that vehicle so that keys are no longer needed at all?  So if the vehicle belongs to you, it will automatically give you the option to lock/unlock.

A possible second option to this is the ability to assign ownership of a vehicle to another using something like what is used in plot management.  Also the ability to add players to a group that can use the vehicle and also that players added to the vehicle can be removed if needed.

Lemme know what you think.

Zor

10 minutes ago, Zoranth said:

salival,

Question/Request for you that is half on topic and half off topic.  On topic is that it involves locking and unlocking vehicles and is somewhat like a master key.

My question/request is this:

Is it at all possible to use the same system for locking/unlocking vaults/lock boxes and doors that assigns your ID to that vehicle so that keys are no longer needed at all?  So if the vehicle belongs to you, it will automatically give you the option to lock/unlock.

A possible second option to this is the ability to assign ownership of a vehicle to another using something like what is used in plot management.  Also the ability to add players to a group that can use the vehicle and also that players added to the vehicle can be removed if needed.

Lemme know what you think.

Zor

Anything is possible really, there are no public scripts, though that do this.

There are definitely private ones, though.

@salival This seems to be working fine but, I am getting this error in the client rpt:

Error in expression <garage_dialog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_copyToKey;
s_player_copyToKey =>
  Error position: <s_player_copyToKey;
s_player_copyToKey =>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_copytokey
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1146

Double checked my install and can't see I've missed anything but, happy to be severely scolded if I've been dense... :)

4 minutes ago, ReDBaroN said:

@salival This seems to be working fine but, I am getting this error in the client rpt:

Error in expression <garage_dialog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_copyToKey;
s_player_copyToKey =>
  Error position: <s_player_copyToKey;
s_player_copyToKey =>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_copytokey
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1146

Double checked my install and can't see I've missed anything but, happy to be severely scolded if I've been dense... :)

You're either missing these 2 lines: https://github.com/oiad/vkc/blob/master/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L95-L96

Or these 4 lines: https://github.com/oiad/vkc/blob/master/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf#L1173-L1176

I'd say the latter

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

been a few weeks wondering how the new release is going with the new UI?

Has this fixed the duping problem? (plzplzplzplzplz) and have you had any bouncing issues?

I know sometimes it can still bounce, panthera seems to be the biggest culprit so far (that map seems to break so much stuff)

Any other issues or suggestions you've noticed?

Well i'm pleased to hear the dupe is resolved, I really don't have anything else to add regarding the bouncing, the main thing i've seen is to keep it away from trees and other vehicles.

The code i'm using is the same epoch is using to spawn vehicles, so I don't understand why if it doesn't bounce when buying a vehicle it bounces here

... just arma things

12 hours ago, salival said:

Well i'm pleased to hear the dupe is resolved, I really don't have anything else to add regarding the bouncing, the main thing i've seen is to keep it away from trees and other vehicles.

The code i'm using is the same epoch is using to spawn vehicles, so I don't understand why if it doesn't bounce when buying a vehicle it bounces here

... just arma things

Would it be possible to make a "claim your vehicle here" area?    Just thinking this could remove some of those issues for people on the servers having issues like that?

i would even consider just doing the heli pads being required nearby in order to do it?

just thinking outside box.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just updated and everything works fine on spawned vehicles but when I buy a vehicle and click on 'change key' the scroll menu gets taken over with 'change vehicle key' spam in the scroll wheel menu you can't use your scroll wheel menu because of the spam until restart I don't have any rpt errors  and the install appears to be correct does anyone know what i am doing wrong or a way to fix this?

Thanks.

ArmA 2.png

1 hour ago, Dr.Killmore said:

Hello,

I just updated and everything works fine on spawned vehicles but when I buy a vehicle and click on 'change key' the scroll menu gets taken over with 'change vehicle key' spam in the scroll wheel menu you can't use your scroll wheel menu because of the spam until restart I don't have any rpt errors  and the install appears to be correct does anyone know what i am doing wrong or a way to fix this?

Thanks.

ArmA 2.png

somewhere you've messed up an install step, possibly in your fn_selfActions.sqf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ReDBaroN said:

Is there a way to modify the code so that hotwired vehicles can be claimed? Or, is this nor possible as the vehicle is tied to the original owner?

Yes, I just never modified it to be able to do that since I thought it was a bad idea/unfair for players.

I'm away on holiday tomorrow till Monday but I can have it working when I get back Tuesday if you remind me.

I thought it was a feature rather than a bug but, that's what players call it. So I keep just hearing, "Admin! Claim vehicle is bugged!!!" lol

I thought I would ask seeing as I think it would be a good option to add to the config. On my servers, hotwire kits are pretty rare so, I don't mind them getting the full benefit of being able to claim it.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, stirrific said:

So i added this to 1062 server and when i select the key and hit change key nothing happens checked rpt log no errors in there at all only other addons i have installed in infistar and WAI.. not sure what gone wrong not had issues with this on 1061.

Hello,

I have tested this on a fresh install with no issues.

I will PM you my email address, please email me your dayz_server.pbo and your mission pbo.

This is the story of my build.  Fresh install of the server (Arma, Arma oa) WORKED.  ESSV3, WORKED, ZSC and BANKS, WORKED. VKC, BROKE BANK. I can see the money on me and in the bank. Now I can not access the bank. This happens after VKS was installed. I have looked through what I did and cannot see whats wrong.

The two errors below are from my Client side RPT, No errors on Server side RPT. The one in red, there is over 200 of them, so I seen no point to post all.

If someone can help, thank you

Here is my  fn_selfActions.sqf     https://pastebin.com/qTjqvjvX

Error in expression <s_bank_dialog = -1;
player removeAction s_bank_dialog1;
s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
pla>
  Error position: <s_bank_dialog1;
s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
pla>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_bank_dialog1
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.sauerland\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1218

Error in expression <cterID,"change"],5,false,true];
};
};
} else {
{player removeAction _x} count s_>
  Error position: <else {
  Error else: Type Array, expected code
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.sauerland\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 726

On 9/4/2017 at 8:58 PM, kingpapawawa said:

They go 500m in the air.

are you rekeying in the grass or on road?  I know when this happened last time, I just keyed on roads, runways and anything other than grass or dirt. Just a thought til fixed

3 hours ago, Thug said:

This is the story of my build.  Fresh install of the server (Arma, Arma oa) WORKED.  ESSV3, WORKED, ZSC and BANKS, WORKED. VKC, BROKE BANK. I can see the money on me and in the bank. Now I can not access the bank. This happens after VKS was installed. I have looked through what I did and cannot see whats wrong.

The two errors below are from my Client side RPT, No errors on Server side RPT. The one in red, there is over 200 of them, so I seen no point to post all.

If someone can help, thank you

Here is my  fn_selfActions.sqf     https://pastebin.com/qTjqvjvX

Error in expression <s_bank_dialog = -1;
player removeAction s_bank_dialog1;
s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
pla>
  Error position: <s_bank_dialog1;
s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
pla>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_bank_dialog1
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.sauerland\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1218

Error in expression <cterID,"change"],5,false,true];
};
};
} else {
  Error position: <else {
  Error else: Type Array, expected code
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.sauerland\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 726

ive got working script with all those mods installed, you broke fn selfactions adding vkc, check that one change.. the s_bank_dialog1 wont break it.. but that needs to be added to variables.sqf probably both of these

//Custom below
    s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
    s_bank_dialog2 = -1;

} else {  <---- delete this line
        if (s_player_copyToKey < 0) then {
            if (_hasKey && {_hasKeyKit} && {(count _temp_keys) > 1} && {!_isLocked}) then {
                s_player_copyToKey = player addAction ["<t color=""#0096FF"">Change vehicle key</t>","scripts\vkc\vehicleKeyChanger.sqf",[_cursorTarget,_characterID,"change"],5,false,true];
            };
        };