[infiSTAR] Waiting to authenticate or create vehicle restriction #0

Tempur

Question

Hi, 

I purchased a new epoch server through survivalservers yesterday, and have made absolutely no progress when it comes to just getting infiSTAR online. I had an older epoch server up and running with infiSTAR and 20+ mods about 4-5 months ago, and had no troubles getting everything up and running with little to no debugging. However, everytime I follow the instructions in the latest infiSTAR version, it never works. When loading into the server I either get stuck at waiting for server to authenticate or kicked for create vehicle restriction #0. I am 1000% sure I am following his instructions correctly, there is no doubt in my mind. I have replaced the BE filters with his, added the correct line to serverfunctions, placed the folder containing the ah sqf files into the correct directory, etc. I have even tried doing other methods to call the AH.sqf file such as: #include "ah.sqf" at the top of serverfunctions.sqf and edited to file path in different ways. 

After I wiped and tried to reinstall infiSTAR about 10 times, I started searching all over for different solutions based upon my problems and what my log said.

This is what my publicvariable.log looks like: 22.02.2017 19:54:37: "Player" (97.95.159.11:3804) "GUID" - #0 "PVDZE_plr_Login" = ["GUID",<NULL-object>]

As far as what I have tried to do:

I have attempted to delete the publicvariable files completely from the BE filters, and I was able to join the server with infiSTAR functioning. HOWEVER, I encountered even more problems. The first thing I noticed is that, if I spawned ANYTHING and tried to enter it, it would eject me and blow the vehicle up, then proceed to kick for some kind of MPEventHandler restriction. 

I also noticed that the current infiSTAR version is up-to-date for 1.0.6. Does this mean that it can ONLY be used for 1.0.6 and I will need to somehow get an older version? Or even perhaps, there are new filters/lines that aren't compatible with 1.0.5.1 and it is causing issues.

At this point, I am completely out of ideas, and can't find anymore potentially useful threads. If you guys would like to see some screenshots of anything let me know. But, the only error that comes up in the logs is the one above pertaining to restriction #0.

Thanks

P.S. : This thread is similar to some of my issues, and none of these solutions work: http://opendayz.net/threads/desperately-need-help-with-be-filters.22233/

Update: I just noticed that all of the BE filters in the newest infiSTAR have "PVDZ" references (which are apparently for vanilla) instead of "PVDZE" for epoch. I am not sure if they are supposed to be like this.

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Tempur said:

Hi, 

I purchased a new epoch server through survivalservers yesterday, and have made absolutely no progress when it comes to just getting infiSTAR online. I had an older epoch server up and running with infiSTAR and 20+ mods about 4-5 months ago, and had no troubles getting everything up and running with little to no debugging. However, everytime I follow the instructions in the latest infiSTAR version, it never works. When loading into the server I either get stuck at waiting for server to authenticate or kicked for create vehicle restriction #0. I am 1000% sure I am following his instructions correctly, there is no doubt in my mind. I have replaced the BE filters with his, added the correct line to serverfunctions, placed the folder containing the ah sqf files into the correct directory, etc. I have even tried doing other methods to call the AH.sqf file such as: #include "ah.sqf" at the top of serverfunctions.sqf and edited to file path in different ways. 

After I wiped and tried to reinstall infiSTAR about 10 times, I started searching all over for different solutions based upon my problems and what my log said.

This is what my publicvariable.log looks like: 22.02.2017 19:54:37: "Player" (97.95.159.11:3804) "GUID" - #0 "PVDZE_plr_Login" = ["GUID",<NULL-object>]

As far as what I have tried to do:

I have attempted to delete the publicvariable files completely from the BE filters, and I was able to join the server with infiSTAR functioning. HOWEVER, I encountered even more problems. The first thing I noticed is that, if I spawned ANYTHING and tried to enter it, it would eject me and blow the vehicle up, then proceed to kick for some kind of MPEventHandler restriction. 

I also noticed that the current infiSTAR version is up-to-date for 1.0.6. Does this mean that it can ONLY be used for 1.0.6 and I will need to somehow get an older version? Or even perhaps, there are new filters/lines that aren't compatible with 1.0.5.1 and it is causing issues.

At this point, I am completely out of ideas, and can't find anymore potentially useful threads. If you guys would like to see some screenshots of anything let me know. But, the only error that comes up in the logs is the one above pertaining to restriction #0.

Thanks

P.S. : This thread is similar to some of my issues, and none of these solutions work: http://opendayz.net/threads/desperately-need-help-with-be-filters.22233/

Update: I just noticed that all of the BE filters in the newest infiSTAR have "PVDZ" references (which are apparently for vanilla) instead of "PVDZE" for epoch. I am not sure if they are supposed to be like this.

The latest version of infistar is 95% coded to work with 1.0.6 only, there's still a few things not changed over so you won't be able to use it. 

You would need an older infistar version to get it to work correctly on 1.0.5.1

Or, you could just goto 1.0.6 and leave all those problems behind and get a lot of inbuilt mods/bug fixes.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyLube said:

Quick question where do I stick the a2_infistar folder?? No matter where I stick it the server waits for authorisation :-)

for me, it's in dayz_server, then you initialize it from your dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf:

[] spawn {[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\a2_infistar\AH.sqf";};

That's line 1 in server_functions.sqf, if you are doing similar and it's not working then I would think you have a config option wrong somewhere, I would start by posting your server and client .RPT on dropbox or similar so people can have a look.

To find this logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

Thanks for the quick reply I followed Infistar instructions normally you paste the instruction as the first line in server_functions but the latest instructs you to put it at the bottom.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75552603/ArmA2OA.RPT

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75552603/arma2oaserver.RPT

If someone would so kind as to have a look and tell me what a dumb twat I'm being :-)

Cheers

i havent looked at your logs im on lunch from work... but the latest instructions for infistar have you put the call at the bottom, this is correct and it works. but the infistar folder needs to be in the server root... mine for example is in c/arma2/cherno/a2_infistar  because thats what the latest instructions called for.

so the  a2_infistar  folder is in the same dir with mpmissions keys @epoch etc

New version goes at bottom of server_functions and a2_infistar folder goes in server root

Installation-Guide:
01.    get something to extract a .pbo file (I recommend 'pbo manager'). // http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369
02.    get the "dayz_server.pbo" file from your Server.
03.    extract the file.    // (right click -> PBO MANAGER -> Extract to dayz_server\)
04.    open dayz_server -> init -> "server_functions.sqf" with notepad or something semilar.
05.    go to the very BOTTOM of the "server_functions.sqf" file
06.    copy paste:
        [] execVM "\a2_infiSTAR\AH.sqf";

07.    Now you move the a2_infiSTAR that was within the download from update.infiSTAR.de into your Arma2 server folder. The AHconfig.sqf, AH.sqf and AT.sqf should be in it!

Fixed it :-)

dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

For some reason the latest infitar doesnt mention the REsec, whereas every other version has done.

As quoted by that rather clever chap IWBUK in another thread.