[Outdated] ZSC for Epoch 1.0.6.2 (And OverWatch 0.25)

5 minutes ago, irok said:

Yeah i know the thing with looking thru the rifle sight or zooming in on the trader.. Im not extatly sure what you mean when you say "merge" I used the fn_selfActions.sqf from the global banking folder.. So i shouldent have to change anything in it, right??

Thx for good response!

Ps. all the other trader menus are working.. maybe that dosent mean anything.. but thought i tell you that

Correct you shouldn't have to modify the global version of the file AS LONG AS - you don't have any other mods that you've had to make changes to fn_selfActions already. If you're running vkc or anything else that requires changes in fn_selfactions you'll need to merge the zsc changes into your existing selfactions file. If you just  use the global banking selfactions it will work but any other mods that need edits in fn_selfactions will stop working (or at least the portion of the mod that relies on the edit in selfactions wills stop working properly)

I have resisted for so long to do a step by step fn_selfActions guide, I felt like diffmerging is not terribly difficult

But conversations like this remind me that maybe for some people it is a little more difficult and could be worded better

I have some time off work from tomorrow (boss permitting) so i'll try and put some time into the install instructions and see if I can make them easier

1 hour ago, salival said:

I have resisted for so long to do a step by step fn_selfActions guide, I felt like diffmerging is not terribly difficult

But conversations like this remind me that maybe for some people it is a little more difficult and could be worded better

I have some time off work from tomorrow (boss permitting) so i'll try and put some time into the install instructions and see if I can make them easier

Yeah you devs forgot how good you are with arma code haha. It's good though it forces us admins both new and old to try and get on your level. I think what made this merge tricky for me was having vkc already working beforehand so one of the && and && lines got me where I had to combine two edits in the proper order, I can't remember which line (i think line 9) but it was inside this block of code which has edits for both vkc AND zsc that caused my problem. - definitely one of the trickier merges I've ever had to do, but again I've only been doing this for 9-10 months. You made a custom one for me but I received it about 10 mins after I remerged, I still appreciate you doing that by the way, what a beast.

Spoiler

if (_isMan && {!_isAlive} && {!(_cursorTarget isKindOf "Animal")} && {player distance _cursorTarget < 5}) then {
        if (s_player_checkWallet < 0) then {
            s_player_checkWallet = player addAction ["Check Wallet","scripts\zsc\checkWallet.sqf",_cursorTarget,0,false,true];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_checkWallet;
        s_player_checkWallet = -1;
    };

if ((_typeOfCursorTarget in DZE_MoneyStorageClasses || _isVehicle) && {!_isMan} && {!locked _cursorTarget} && {_isAlive} && !(_typeOfCursorTarget in DZE_LockedStorage) && {player distance _cursorTarget < 5}) then {
        if (s_bank_dialog < 0) then {
            s_bank_dialog = player addAction ["Access bank","scripts\zsc\bankDialog.sqf",_cursorTarget,1,true,true];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_bank_dialog;
        s_bank_dialog = -1;
    };

if (_isAlive && {_typeOfCursorTarget in AllPlayers} && {isPlayer _cursorTarget}) then {
        if (s_givemoney_dialog < 0) then {
            s_givemoney_dialog = player addAction [format ["Trade %1 with %2",CurrencyName,name _cursorTarget],"scripts\zsc\givePlayer.sqf",_cursorTarget,3,true,true];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_givemoney_dialog;
        s_givemoney_dialog = -1;
    };

if (_isMan && {!(isPlayer _cursorTarget)} && {_typeOfCursorTarget in ZSC_bankTraders} && {!_isPZombie}) then {
        if (s_bank_dialog1 < 0) then {
            s_bank_dialog1 = player addAction ["Bank Teller","scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf",_cursorTarget,3,true,true];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_bank_dialog1;
        s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
    };

if (_typeOfCursorTarget in ZSC_bankObjects && {player distance _cursorTarget < 5}) then {
        if (s_bank_dialog2 < 0) then {
            s_bank_dialog2 = player addAction ["Bank ATM","scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf",_cursorTarget,3,true,true];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_bank_dialog2;
        s_bank_dialog2 = -1;
    };

if (_isVehicle && {_characterID == "0"} && {_hasKeyKit} && {!_isMan} && {_isAlive}) then {
        if (s_player_claimVehicle < 0) then {
            _totalKeys = call epoch_tempKeys;
            _temp_keys = _totalKeys select 0;
            _temp_keys_names = _totalKeys select 1;
            if (count _temp_keys > 0) then {
                s_player_claimVehicle = player addAction [format ["<t color=""#0096FF"">Claim %1</t>",_text],"scripts\vkc\vehicleKeyChanger.sqf",[_cursorTarget,_characterID,"claim",_temp_keys,_temp_keys_names],5,true,true];
            };
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_claimVehicle;
        s_player_claimVehicle = -1;
    };    

Hey Salival

I know your not for globalbanking but this is very nice of you! and very much appricieted!!

I got everything else working so its nothing wrong with your way of explaing things! Its very noob friendly!

I really like your install instructions.

A really nice guy (DAKA) offerd to have a look in my .pbo to see if he could find what was wrong.

Thx alot to you all! :)) 

_Lance_

The only part of code i could not find in my fn_selfactions was this:

if (_isVehicle && {_characterID == "0"} && {_hasKeyKit} && {!_isMan} && {_isAlive}) then {
                s_player_claimVehicle = player addAction [format ["<t color=""#0096FF"">Claim %1</t>",_text],"scripts\vkc\vehicleKeyChanger.sqf",[_cursorTarget,_characterID,"claim",_temp_keys,_temp_keys_names],5,true,true];
            };
        };
    } else {
    };

44 minutes ago, irok said:

_Lance_

The only part of code i could not find in my fn_selfactions was this:

};
        };
    } else {
    };

so is your problem that global banking is not showing up?

I will PM you my email address so you can send me your dayz_server.pbo and your mission.pbo

What a beast!!

Salival took a look on my mission.pbo and reworked the whole thing so its now working!

He also told me that i actully had done everything right but that it was survival servers system that was breaking it..

Salival, alot of props to you man!! This is so awsome! Thousands of thx!!

2 hours ago, irok said:

What a beast!!

Salival took a look on my mission.pbo and reworked the whole thing so its now working!

He also told me that i actully had done everything right but that it was survival servers system that was breaking it..

Salival, alot of props to you man!! This is so awsome! Thousands of thx!!

No worries man, happy to help!

Once again survival servers doing things wrong and making it harder for the end user

2 hours ago, salival said:

Once again survival servers doing things wrong and making it harder for the end user

What are they doing wrong? I have been using them for well over 2 and half years.

EDIT

Are you talking about the mission pbo?  When I setup a server with them, the first thing I do is delete the server side and mission side PBOs. Then download the ones from Epoch.  

15 hours ago, JohnnyBravo666 said:

Double check your fn_selfactions.sqf file. Make sure you have that all merged correctly, no missing brackets because that can cause things to stop working.

u used the fn_selfactions.sqf file provided with the zsc master file

Error in expression <s_bank_dialog = -1;
s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
pla>
  Error position: <s_bank_dialog1;
s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
pla>
  Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: s_bank_dialog1
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 1196

if (_typeOfCursorTarget in ZSC_bankObjects && {player distance _cur>
  Error position: <ZSC_bankObjects && {player distance _cur>
  Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: zsc_bankobjects
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 966
Error in expression <rsorTarget)} && {_typeOfCursorTarget in ZSC_bankTraders} && {!_isPZombie}) then >
  Error position: <ZSC_bankTraders} && {!_isPZombie}) then >
  Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: zsc_banktraders
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 957
Error in expression <g1 = -1;
};

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lysyproboszcz said:

Hello, after installation ZSC pops up such an error.

ErrorMessage: Config : some input after EndOfFile

I would have asked for help in solving the problem.

My RPT file from server and client; 

SERVERhttps://pastebin.com/S9gubLD7

CLIENThttps://pastebin.com/ZwXLY3Pr

Sounds like in your config.cfg (it says config so that's a guess could be any of the cfg files) there's some data in it somewhere with an extra character eg: maybe an extra ; or ] or } - make sure all your code closes properly (not sure if that's the right terminology) you probably have an extra bracket at the end of a line etc. Hope that helps

Hey All,

I have installed this (thanks salival!) and it works as expected except for the NPC Based Banks. I got the guy (Functionary1_EP1_DZ)  to show up in the traders but when I mousewheel on him I do not get the option to save money. 

Do I need to add Functionary1_EP1_DZ to the ZSC_bankObjects line below in variable.sqf or does anyone know what might be the cause?  

ZSC_bankObjects = [""]; // Array of objects that are available for banking (i.e Suitcase, Info_Board_EP1)
ZSC_bankTraders = ["Functionary1_EP1_DZ"]; // Array of trader classnames that are available for banking (i.e RU_Functionary1)
ZSC_limitOnBank = true; // Have a limit on the bank? (i.e true or false) limits the global banking to the number below.
ZSC_maxBankMoney = 5000000; // Default limit for bank objects.

I am using survival servers BTW and have installed all of my scripts myself. Hard work!

Thanks for your help!

1 minute ago, Vladick said:

Hey All,

I have installed this (thanks salival!) and it works as expected except for the NPC Based Banks. I got the guy (Functionary1_EP1_DZ)  to show up in the traders but when I mousewheel on him I do not get the option to save money. 

Do I need to add Functionary1_EP1_DZ to the ZSC_bankObjects line below in variable.sqf or does anyone know what might be the cause?  

ZSC_bankObjects = [""]; // Array of objects that are available for banking (i.e Suitcase, Info_Board_EP1)
ZSC_bankTraders = ["Functionary1_EP1_DZ"]; // Array of trader classnames that are available for banking (i.e RU_Functionary1)
ZSC_limitOnBank = true; // Have a limit on the bank? (i.e true or false) limits the global banking to the number below.
ZSC_maxBankMoney = 5000000; // Default limit for bank objects.

I am using survival servers BTW and have installed all of my scripts myself. Hard work!

Thanks for your help!

If the option to bank is not coming up then I would think there's either an error in your fn_selfActions.sqf or you have forgotten a step with that.

2 hours ago, salival said:

If the option to bank is not coming up then I would think there's either an error in your fn_selfActions.sqf or you have forgotten a step with that.

Thanks for replying salival!

I'm confused though because, unless I'm mistaken, there was no step in the instructions to edit the fn_selfActions.sqf and I am using the file that came with the download.  I've reviewed the portion in the fn_selfActions.sqf that deals with ZSC banking (below) but tbh I don't understand it enough to know if something is wrong. Does anything look amiss to you? 

if (_isMan && {!(isPlayer _cursorTarget)} && {_typeOfCursorTarget in ZSC_bankTraders} && {!_isPZombie}) then {
            s_bank_dialog1 = player addAction ["Bank Teller","scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf",_cursorTarget,3,true,true];
        };
    } else {
        s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
    };

if (_typeOfCursorTarget in ZSC_bankObjects && {player distance _cursorTarget < 5}) then {
            s_bank_dialog2 = player addAction ["Bank ATM","scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf",_cursorTarget,3,true,true];
        };
    } else {
        s_bank_dialog2 = -1;
    };

I noticed that I am having the same issue as Irok had, that he is also hosted by Survival Servers, that it might be related to the host config, and that you were able to fix his issue by editing his mission pbo. Can you tell me what it was that you did to his pbo so that I can give it a shot? Not sure what else to do.

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Vladick said:

Thanks for replying salival!

I'm confused though because, unless I'm mistaken, there was no step in the instructions to edit the fn_selfActions.sqf and I am using the file that came with the download.  I've reviewed the portion in the fn_selfActions.sqf that deals with ZSC banking (below) but tbh I don't understand it enough to know if something is wrong. Does anything look amiss to you? 

};
    } else {
        s_bank_dialog1 = -1;
    };

};
    } else {
        s_bank_dialog2 = -1;
    };

I noticed that I am having the same issue as Irok had, that he is also hosted by Survival Servers, that it might be related to the host config, and that you were able to fix his issue by editing his mission pbo. Can you tell me what it was that you did to his pbo so that I can give it a shot? Not sure what else to do.

Thanks! 

Right again salival, twas my fn_selfActions.sqf in my mission pbo that was not displaying options on the bankers in the traders. I did a diffmerge on the one in my mission file and the one that came with the ZSC and now it works like a charm. Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Salival, I have my pve server set to give new players coins in the bank on first login because "DayEasy" and I've been trying to edit the line that gets added to serverPlayerLogin.sqf so it will put most of the coins in the bank and a little bit in the wallet but I'm having no luck so far. I've looked at other code and I tried "and" "&&" between the different variables with no luck and after trying this current variation I at least don't get any errors in RPT but it's still not adding the coins. Do I needs quotes around each variable or something or I'm just way off here?

Don't laugh dude:

Spoiler

if (_newPlayer) then {_bankCoins = 400000, _characterCoins = 100000};  

Also a couple weeks back you mentioned that you knew the cause of the issue where players login and get pushed back to the lobby, then they login normally after hitting enter again - that bug or whatever affects the delivery of the coins for new players so I'm hoping there's a fix or workaround if you would remind me what that was? Thanks

1 hour ago, _Lance_ said:

Also a couple weeks back you mentioned that you knew the cause of the issue where players login and get pushed back to the lobby

This is what @salival told me to do. Remove this from AH.sqf: That is if you are running infistar . 

[] spawn {
	_INIT_OBJECT ='HeliHEmpty' createVehicle [0,0,0];
	_INIT_OBJECT setVehicleInit "
		if(!isServer)then{
			[] spawn {
				while {1 == 1} do
				{
					waitUntil {hintSilent str time; !isNull findDisplay 46};
					diag_log '<infiSTAR.de> connected too early, server is still starting..!';

findDisplay 46 closeDisplay 0;
					sleep 0.3;
				};
			};
		};
	";
	processInitCommands;
	waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_MPF_remoteExecutionServer" && !isNil "BIS_MPF_InitDone" && !isNil "BIS_fnc_init" && !isNil "infiSTAR_INIT"};
	clearVehicleInit _INIT_OBJECT;
	deleteVehicle _INIT_OBJECT;
};