running over ai

The Ferret

Question

Hello I figured this would be a good place to start.

I am looking for a solution to players simply running down ai with vehicles. On our server we have third party missions ie Bandit camps etc. that have lots of ai and rewards of good loot, and apparently some people simply use a vehicle such as a Strider to run over all the ai and complete the mission. Personally I think its lame and verging on cheating. The normal penalty of a kripto fine doesn't seem a viable solution, and I don't want to unfairly target players who may accidentally run an ai or two down. Any suggestion short of causing damage to the vehicle?

2 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, The Ferret said:

Hello I figured this would be a good place to start.

I am looking for a solution to players simply running down ai with vehicles. On our server we have third party missions ie Bandit camps etc. that have lots of ai and rewards of good loot, and apparently some people simply use a vehicle such as a Strider to run over all the ai and complete the mission. Personally I think its lame and verging on cheating. The normal penalty of a kripto fine doesn't seem a viable solution, and I don't want to unfairly target players who may accidentally run an ai or two down. Any suggestion short of causing damage to the vehicle?

Simply use right mission system like blckeagls for example:

// PLAYER PENALTIES
    blck_RunGear = true;    // When set to true, AI that have been run over will ve stripped of gear, and the vehicle will be given blck_RunGearDamage of damage.
    blck_RunGearDamage = 0.2; // Damage applied to player vehicle for each AI run over
    blck_VK_Gear = true; // When set to true, AI that have been killed by a player in a vehicle in the list of forbidden vehicles or using a forbiden gun will be stripped of gear and the vehicle will be given blck_RunGearDamage of damage
    blck_VK_RunoverDamage = true; // when the AI was run over blck_RunGearDamage of damage will be applied to the killer's vehicle.
    blck_VK_GunnerDamage = true; // when the AI was killed by a gunner on a vehicle that is is in the list of forbidden vehicles, blck_RunGearDamage of damage will be applied to the killer's vehicle each time an AI is killed with a vehicle's gun.
    blck_forbidenVehicles = ["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F"]; // Add any vehicles for which you wish to forbid vehicle kills    
    // For a listing of the guns mounted on various land vehicles see the following link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Vehicle_Weapons
    // HMG_M2 is mounted on the armed offroad that is spawned by Epoch    
    blck_forbidenVehicleGuns = ["LMG_RCWS","LMG_M200","HMG_127","HMG_127_APC",/*"HMG_M2",*/"HMG_NSVT","GMG_40mm","GMG_UGV_40mm","autocannon_40mm_CTWS","autocannon_30mm_CTWS","autocannon_35mm","LMG_coax","autocannon_30mm"]; // Add any vehicles for which you wish to forbid vehicle kills, o

On 2/13/2017 at 7:48 PM, Kenobi said:

Simply use right mission system like blckeagls for example:

// PLAYER PENALTIES
    blck_RunGear = true;    // When set to true, AI that have been run over will ve stripped of gear, and the vehicle will be given blck_RunGearDamage of damage.
    blck_RunGearDamage = 0.2; // Damage applied to player vehicle for each AI run over
    blck_VK_Gear = true; // When set to true, AI that have been killed by a player in a vehicle in the list of forbidden vehicles or using a forbiden gun will be stripped of gear and the vehicle will be given blck_RunGearDamage of damage
    blck_VK_RunoverDamage = true; // when the AI was run over blck_RunGearDamage of damage will be applied to the killer's vehicle.
    blck_VK_GunnerDamage = true; // when the AI was killed by a gunner on a vehicle that is is in the list of forbidden vehicles, blck_RunGearDamage of damage will be applied to the killer's vehicle each time an AI is killed with a vehicle's gun.
    blck_forbidenVehicles = ["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F"]; // Add any vehicles for which you wish to forbid vehicle kills    
    // For a listing of the guns mounted on various land vehicles see the following link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Vehicle_Weapons
    // HMG_M2 is mounted on the armed offroad that is spawned by Epoch    
    blck_forbidenVehicleGuns = ["LMG_RCWS","LMG_M200","HMG_127","HMG_127_APC",/*"HMG_M2",*/"HMG_NSVT","GMG_40mm","GMG_UGV_40mm","autocannon_40mm_CTWS","autocannon_30mm_CTWS","autocannon_35mm","LMG_coax","autocannon_30mm"]; // Add any vehicles for which you wish to forbid vehicle kills, o

Thanks Kenobi We use this but disabled the penalties because of accidental run downs when the stupid ai run out from between parked cars. lol So I guess we have to accept that.