Plot pole idea

mckenziebrother

Hi, i'm not an admin or anything, but i thought to something for the plot poles...
Ingame, it's not necessarily easy to remember the maintenance days.
Is it impossible to add a maintenance countdown before the next items despawn?
Then if you force the maintenance like you can now, you would synchronize all items on the same maintenance time.
It would be really REALLY handful for everyone ingame and avoid troubles linked to maintenance like whole bases despawning :O
I think the idea was already thrown to you... but who know... :)
Have a good day :)

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 2:55 AM, mckenziebrother said:

Also, it would be great and useful if the plot poles were displaying the plot pole owner's name.
So we would know who's our neighbor, who we are visiting, and we would know who to warn if his base starts to despawn!

hahah, or learn whos base is so you know who to camp or to destroy stuff for payback :laugh: 

So much care for someones base... there is still hope in dayz ^^

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/02/2017 at 7:58 AM, rangergk said:

hahah, or learn whos base is so you know who to camp or to destroy stuff for payback :laugh: 

So much care for someones base... there is still hope in dayz ^^

"learn whos base is so you know who to camp or to destroy stuff for payback"
it's funny, you say this just like that, just like you're used to it.
and good people seems like giving you great fun.
it's because of that kind of behavior i'll never be back on any of these asshole *oops* pvp server.
honor matters.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎08‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 7:31 PM, mckenziebrother said:

"learn whos base is so you know who to camp or to destroy stuff for payback"
it's funny, you say this just like that, just like you're used to it.
and good people seems like giving you great fun.
it's because of that kind of behavior i'll never be back on any of these asshole *oops* pvp server.
honor matters.

yeah, im used to it beeing done to me, it would be nice if we had more honorable players, but we dont, maybe whitelists would be useful, anyway PVE is booring not quite feeling you are on th edge, players should play in their roles survivors, bandits and heroes thats the fun, i guess in PVP we need to fight a solutions with the "assholes" :).

Firecock Gaming used to have this on their servers. I think they were running a custom DLL though. They also had hived global banking.

Their plotObjects.sqf had code at the bottom for getting the last maintained date and there was an extra define for it in plotManagement.hpp.

14 minutes ago, BigEgg said:

I think this would be easier if you just made a countdown based on the damage of the objects within the plot area. @JasonTM - Firecock used ArmaNET.

I see. I looked through the website for the ArmaNET mod. It looks interesting, but a lot of extra hassle unless you were running 20 servers like Firecock used to.