Custom Trader Help

Saije

Question

Okay So I have Created I new trader, sort of.

I went into my Server Mission.sqf created the new unit at the location I wanted

Spoiler

_unit_134 = objNull; //Tulga Dealer
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["RU_Soldier_Crew_DZ", [12878.1,4437.06,0.00143433], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_134 = _this;
  _this setDir 349.301;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

Then I went into my server Trader.sqf and added the trader to the bottom. and added his skin to the top of the file.

Spoiler

// Tulga Trader
menu_RU_Soldier_Crew_DZ = [
    [["Weapons",914],["Ammo",915],["Vehicles",916],["Thermals",917],["Rockets",693]"Rocket Ammo",694]],
    [],
    "neutral"
];   

I have the appropriate .hpp files for the categories he sells.  But when in the server, none of the trader including the one I added work, (no trader menu)

If I comment out the Tulga trader I put in my server trader.sqf the rest of the traders work.

I cant figure out where im going wrong or what I am missing. I have been reading tutorials and watching all sorts of videos for info on how to add a custom trader, but it always come back to this...

if anyone is willing to help we could use Teamspeak and team viewer for me to show you exactly what everything looks like.

4 answers to this question

Missed a [ again and a comma

// Tulga Trader
    [["Weapons",914],["Ammo",915],["Vehicles",916],["Thermals",917],["Rockets",693],["Rocket Ammo",694]],
    [],
    "neutral"
];   

It would also really help if you stop asking the same question over and over in different places. It makes it very hard to help you.

Ask it once and wait for help.

Yeah, I abandoned the whole dynamic Trader script and went back to a working backup. and created a trader.

your right, sorry, i shouldn't post all over the place, i shouldn't be so impatient. I just really wanted to get this to work. :tongue:

That [ i missed fixed it. I dont know why I couldn't get the dynamic trader to work. it could have been the exact same thing... man i feel stupid. something so simple. haha

thank you for pointing that out for me. I wish they let us delete posts/comments. i could clean up my plea's for help where they aren't needed.

4 hours ago, Saije said:

Okay So I have Created I new trader, sort of.

I went into my Server Mission.sqf created the new unit at the location I wanted

Reveal hidden contents

_unit_134 = objNull; //Tulga Dealer
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["RU_Soldier_Crew_DZ", [12878.1,4437.06,0.00143433], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_134 = _this;
  _this setDir 349.301;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

Then I went into my server Trader.sqf and added the trader to the bottom. and added his skin to the top of the file.

Hide contents

// Tulga Trader
    [["Weapons",914],["Ammo",915],["Vehicles",916],["Thermals",917],["Rockets",693]"Rocket Ammo",694]],
    [],
    "neutral"
];   

I have the appropriate .hpp files for the categories he sells.  But when in the server, none of the trader including the one I added work, (no trader menu)

If I comment out the Tulga trader I put in my server trader.sqf the rest of the traders work.

I cant figure out where im going wrong or what I am missing. I have been reading tutorials and watching all sorts of videos for info on how to add a custom trader, but it always come back to this...

if anyone is willing to help we could use Teamspeak and team viewer for me to show you exactly what everything looks like.

// Tulga Trader
    [["Weapons",914],["Ammo",915],["Vehicles",916],["Thermals",917],["Rockets",693],["Rocket Ammo",694]],
    [],
    "neutral"
];

You need to make sure you have the correct brackets and ,