[FIX] PBO manager not packing server pbo correctly

adam59600

Question

Hey all,

This is NOT my fix and i do NOT take any credit for it. I forgot who told me about it, but I wanted to share it with you guys so hopefully it helps someone who was having the same problems i was. If you're using PBO manager like me, You may have noticed that after you repack your server pbo and try to run it, your gsme wont load or you'll be stuck at wait for host. The probem is that after you repack your server PBO, PBO manager isn't adding the prefixes from the original PBO to the new PBO, To fox this it's simple, Repack your pbo after your done editing it. Double click the PBO so it opens it up in PBO msnsger. Don't extract it. Click the PBO once, to highlithgt it. Click the blue gear icon about your PBO.  Right click, and add the require prefixes. They're usually  mikero///////Depbo.dll        pboprefix\\\\\\\\ z\addons\dayz_server       prefix\\\\\\\\\\ z\addons\dayz_server     Hope this helps!

4 answers to this question

the best way i find is not to run the pbo manager itself but to right click on the pbo file then select PBO manager from right click menu the select extract to dayz_server\    (or what ever the pbo is called) 

When repacking again what i do is right click on the dayz_server folder (or what ever folder you extracted the pbo to) select pbo manager from right click menu and then select Pack into "dayz_server.pbo" (again depends on folder name). This stopped all errors for me and when checking the files the $MIKERO$ and $PREFIX$ files where intact, hope this helps