Epoch 1.0.6 doesn't works on dedicated Server.

hellraver

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry for my bad english. I mainly use the google translator and my school English.

I have a problem with the server files of the 1.0.6. I have a PC (Windows Root Server) at home.

On this server I always had a dedicated Epoch 1.0.5.1 server running. I was very happy when Epoch 1.0.6 was released.

Only the new server files no longer work :-( I have of course the @Dayz_Epoch folder, the mission.pbo, server.pbo and the *. Bikey file exchanged.

I can start the server. The server is running but I can not join. The mission.pbp file will be downloaded, but the error message "No Entry 'bin \ config.bin / CfgWeapons .'-" appears and then the message "Received" appears and nothing happens.

In the RPT Log, there are a lot of errors. I have imported the original database and used the original * .pbo files. It does not work. I have completely reloaded Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA from Steam. It is not possible to join Epoch 1.0.6. Why?

Why does the Epoch 1.0.6 server work on nitrado.net and not on my Windows Rootserver? I guess the problem is the arma2oaserver.exe. It does not work with either the 1.63.131.129 version or the beta 1.63.116.523 version.

In the 1.63.131.129 version, the mission.pbo is not downloaded. I get the error message "connection canceled". In the beta 1.63.116.523 version, the error message "No Entry 'bin \ config.bin / CfgWeapons .'-" appears as mentioned earlier.

With the server files of Epoch 1.0.5.1 everything works wonderfully but also only with the beta 1.63.116.523 version. Why? Maybe someone can help me? :-(

Best Regards

hellraver

11 answers to this question

On 1/28/2017 at 3:27 PM, kingpapawawa said:

allow the exe through the firewall?

The firewall is completely disabled.

On 1/28/2017 at 4:03 PM, A Man said:

@hellraver have you changed to the new HiveExt.dll and HiveExt.ini ? Make sure you have installed all runtimes that are mentioned in the epoch readme. That is really important. Upload your rpt with the errors perhaps we can help you with that.

Yes, I have also installed the new HiveExt.dll and HiveExt.ini. I forgot to mention in my opening mail. I have strictly adhered to the instructions. It is not really difficult to set up an Epoch Dedicated Server. If I set up an Epoch 1.0.5.1 server everything works wonderfully just not with the Epoch 1.0.6 files :-/ The RPT Log gives unfortunately also no information what exactly goes wrong but see for yourself.

Best Regards

hellraver

Spoiler

sorry i dont know if this is the main issue or not... also, is this a clean install or have you tried to update an old version?  I followed this guide and it worked perfectly the first time

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/Readme.md

15:03:17 Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
15:03:17 GameSpy QR2 error: 5, No challenge value was received from the master server.

@kingpapawawa

At first I updated the old version. As this did not work I tried a clean installation. Does not work too.

This error message...

15:03:17 Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
15:03:17 GameSpy QR2 error: 5, No challenge value was received from the master server.

...also appeared in Epoch 1.0.5.1. This error message can be ignored. Under Epoch 1.0.5.1, the dedicated server runs smoothly. I have my own server at home to run and when I connect and join on my Server via LAN or Internet appears this problem. I can not imagine it works at other people? I have also followed this guide and until Epoch 1.0.5.1 it worked perfectly just not with the 1.0.6 Version :-(

Best Regards

hellraver

I have followed all everything as written in the guide. It just does not work. I tested it on 2 computers. The same result. A dedicated Epoch 1.0.6 server simply does not work on the PC. No idea why. Normally, I can always solve all problems myself, but I'm to end with my Latin.

Please use the correct forums...

Gamespy is no longer used, remove the reporting IP option from your server config file.

1. Don't use the beta ArmA2OAServer.exe, use the one in the root A2OA directory.

2. DELETE YOUR MISSION, remake it from the FOLDERS provided in the 1.0.6 server package zip. You will need to pbo the DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus file, after modifying the settings as desired. You can use w/e tool you want (PBOTools, CPbo, Eliteness/Mikero's tools)

3. If that doesn't work, delete your epoch server and client folders and perform a clean install of 1.0.6

@icomrade

Sorry for the wrong forum. I have not found the correct area. As I mentioned earlier, you can ignore the error message about Gamespy.

This is not the cause of the Problem but the IP reporting option in the server config file was removed before I went to this Forum.

The IP reporting option "is" removed but the Gamespy error message still appears in the RPT log ^^

I used the original server config file in the folder of the 1.0.6 server package zip. The IP reporting option is probably anchored in Arma.

1. As I mentioned in the opening mail it also does not work with the ArmA2OAServer.exe in the root directory.

With the ArmA2OAServer.exe in the root directory is not even the mission.pbo downloaded. The connection is canceled immediately if you try to join.

With the ArmA2OAServer.exe in the root directory it does not work also under Epoch 1.0.5.1. Epoch 1.0.5.1 works only with the Beta ArmA2OAServer.exe.

Epoch 1.0.6 does not work with the Beta ArmA2OAServer.exe and also not with the ArmA2OAServer.exe in the root Directory.

I've tried everything before I've went here on the Forum.

2. I have deleted my mission several times and restored it with the folder of 1.0.6 server package zip, before I have used to the forum here.

The problem and the error messages in the RPT log remain. So I'm with my Latin at the end and turn me here in the forum.

For me this does not make any sense but it just simply does not work as if the error is in Epoch Mod 1.0.6.

I also have the Epoch Mod 1.0.6 re-downloaded to be able to exclude corrupt errors in the modfiles. The problem still persists.

I do not know what to try. I've tried everything imaginable.

3. I have several times my Epoch server and client folder deleted and also several times a new installation performed.

I tried everything before I looked in this forum for help. I can not explain what caused this problem.

It would be great if one of the Epoch developers would comment on my problem.

I have everything done correctly with the server installation. It is not difficult to stick to the instructions.

Of course, errors can happen in the server installation but I have checked several times for correctness.

Best Regards

hellraver

OMFG ^^ Now works the Epoch 1.0.6 Dedicated Server on my Machine. I'm going crazy xD

I have now found the problem why the ArmA2OAServer.exe in the root directory did not work and always the connection was aborted immediately.

The problem was the steam_appid.txt file in the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directory. I have always deleted this file because I thought that this is not necessary for the server operation. This steam_appid.txt file is responsible in Steam for the "Executed" button when Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead or the Dedicated Server has been started. Obviously this steam_appid.txt file is necessary for Epoch 1.0.6. In the expansion / beta folder I also deleted this steam_appid.txt file but Epoch 1.0.6 works only with the ArmA2OAServer.exe in the root directory and not with the Beta ArmA2OAServer.exe. I used earlier the Beta ArmA2OAServer.exe to start my Epoch 1.0.5.1 server, even though the steam_appid.txt file in the expansion / beta folder was also deleted. Only I had no problems with it but now where the 1.0.6 version works only with the ArmA2OAServer.exe in the root directory, the steam_appid.txt file is necessary in this root directory. Thanks for your help. Thread can be closed.

And I'm sorry for my incorrect English. My language is German.

Best Regards

hellraver