OverPoch 1.0.6

Chief501st

Question

OMG i made it in lol

So with your comment of it may have an instance already running (which i didnt), but i closed steam completely anyways. then I ran the bat again, this time it decided to work (gota love steam lol)

and this time i was able to make it in.

As for your last post @salival, I even tried using the default epoch files, and only adding the mission.sqm part. still had the same issue...  And Grats on your new title :)

BUT ITS FIXED! Thank you everyone who has helped me. now i can continue to work on the server and do the overwatch parts

thanks again :D

2 minutes ago, salival said:

That's awesome man, make sure you make a backup of all your running files so you don't break it! :D

Well i think you hit the nail on the coffin in the beginning, it was the way i was connecting with my client. My files were fine all along im pretty sure lol even the very first attempt with 106. But i still backup all my files. each time i add a few mods i make a backup of the mission and server pbo with a readme file that includes links and contributions to the authors of the scripts used. my current servers are at version 1.3.4. :)

As a player or as a server? 

Server, put overwatch ,on folder in root, edit mission.sqm with the addons as listed previously on this thread,  put bikey in keys folder, add @dayzOverwatch to your launch parameters before @dayz_epoch entries. 

As a player, add overwatch mod folder to your mods folder or steam arma2oa root folder, change game launch parameters. 

I find it easier to load arma then in the menu go to expansions and tick overwatch and epoch. Overwatch must be above epoch in the sequence.  The game will then restart with the mods loaded. 

Just now, Neurok_ said:

Hello I have added the mod as described however I am getting this error "ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp not found." in my rpt file. I have no clue what I did wrong.

make sure overwatch is the first mod being called in your server launch bat, then epoch, then epoch server

I've uninstalled and reinstalled epoch and overwatch wiped the db before hand and still cannot get this to work. I am inexperienced at these things. So I just follow the instructions to the letter and hope it works.  I uploaded the @DayZOverwatch mod into the root and added the addons to the mission.sqm and then added @DayZOverwatch; to the start.bat file and I've added the overwatch.bikey to the keys folder with the bi.bikey and DayZ_Epoch1061.bikey. Restarted the server and I still keep getting   "ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp not found." in my rpt file. Do I have to install Overwatch before Epoch?

18 hours ago, Neurok_ said:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled epoch and overwatch wiped the db before hand and still cannot get this to work. I am inexperienced at these things. So I just follow the instructions to the letter and hope it works.  I uploaded the @DayZOverwatch mod into the root and added the addons to the mission.sqm and then added @DayZOverwatch; to the start.bat file and I've added the overwatch.bikey to the keys folder with the bi.bikey and DayZ_Epoch1061.bikey. Restarted the server and I still keep getting   "ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\gui\description.hpp not found." in my rpt file. Do I have to install Overwatch before Epoch?

refer to the order of the -mod line in the post above yours... Epoch is loaded after all other mods, except @dayz_epoch i.e -mod=@ANYOTHERMOD;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Server

18 hours ago, Neurok_ said:

I REALLY hate to say this, but THAT is one of the reasons i left GTX...i wasnt able to add the virtual garage folder to my launch bat... OR GTX didnt accept it...better choice of words lol

And they "couldnt find" my database backups after we got hit by a hacker...anwyays lol

that error is certainly the way its launching the mods... I struggled a while with that and even if you start defining those errors, new keep popping up, because the dayz_code of overwatch is overwriting the dayz_code of epoch.

Installing it through the Cpanel first or last doesnt make the difference. There should be a file ( i cant remember to save my life) where you can set the launch commands manually.

On 2/25/2017 at 11:02 AM, theduke said:

I've tried what you mentioned. But I remember you needed to move the dayz_code.pbo with its bisign over to the overwatch folder.

Anyways i tried without first and i got a dayz_code gui error when loading in. Then i treid moving the dayz_code over and I got a error about something dependent on epoch_b.pbo

I gave up for now lol... still trying to transfer some of the scripts to 106

thanks, i was stuck at waiting for host until i saw you say i had to move dayz_server to the overwatch_server folder