Epoch Dead?

XTamiiX

I just need 2-5 good servers to choose from without BM bullshit, no tanks or AI (except Epoch original AI) and keeping middle mouse button FREE from advertisements and regular bullshit many admins still try to push. Middle mouse button (and scrolling) is only for opening doors and interacting with environment like Arma 3 intended. Don't touch it.

Haven't played epoch for few months now, but only because want some new features, preferably, new enemies. I am actually happy that servers are dying, there is no need for 50 servers for such a small mod in comparison. 10-20 is ok, but even they, at least most of them, won't have more than 10 players at a time. Always preferred Vanilla epoch and miss PureEpoch server I used to play for a week until it closed.

I see I said nothing new here I haven't told before, still wanted to give a shout for this great mod. It's better than DayZ mess for sure.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:53 AM, vbawol said:

While we cannot please everyone when it comes to an Epoch survival game mode we tried to lay the best groundwork we could so that others can leverage our work. So, If you do not like something change it. That is the beauty of modding.

Just want to add a personal note here: This is exactly why, after getting into A3 Epoch server development in 2015 I have stuck with Epoch and not considered moving to another mod - it is designed as a sandbox  that can be configured and reworked (within ARMA's limitations) to provide exactly the environment you want. 

Looking at the 0.6 changelog is very exciting (and I hope to contribute myself to that) and the number and quality of contributors is, to be honest getting back to where it was before I even played A3 Epoch. 

The work @vbawoland the other long timers have done is exceptional, and the new core contributors who have provided content and are providing even more for 0.6 and beyond are taking everything to a new level. Hopefully @vbawolis getting reinvigorated by their work cause this mod was, is and will continue to be the best survival sandbox mod that exists for ARMA3!

A big shout out should also be made though to those fine people who, not only have brought out brand new versions of ARMA2/DayZ/Epoch but as devs and modders continue to improve that fantastic product too!