food/drink... serious?

mckenziebrother

Hi :) 
I'm the player of a brand new 1.0.6 epoch server, arma2.
Just tried it, it seems awesome and all, but i got a very shitty surprise about that new food/drink food.
I explain.
I go to the place where i want to make my base. i eat/drink enough to fill both at 100% which already means killing half of my reserves. great. i take my chainsaw, cut what, 5 to 6 trees... VISION IS ALL GREY and i have 6k hp è_é i say it to the other dude on the server, he laugh and say it's normal, i made an effort (really? 5/6 trees with a chainsaw and 50% of my hp go poof???) and it's 1.0.6. Can the admins of a server change it, or is it something that cannot change? all i have now is a safe and 2 storage sheds. i didnt even crafted a single wood wall. 
Am i going mad for no reason? this is going from an extreme to another: 1.0.5.1: almost no need to eat............ 1.0.6: climb stairs and eat. go down and eat. cut 5/6 trees and eat (or try cutting 5/6 more... and die???) 
Wtf???? 

yes, that will revert it to the old style. We have made some changes to the nutrition system to better balance food and drink for 1.0.6.1.

Init.sqf is in the mission file. If you do not host a server, then this is not applicable to you. If that is the case, request to the server admin that they set  dayz_nutritionValuesSystem = false in init.sqf

ok, great! so it will work better in the next update?
after 5k hours on dayzmod i'm still not bored of it lol, i really want to continue to play. (especially now that there's a real snap pro, i love to build since forever)
i didnt had a chance to speak to our server owner atm, that's why i came here, to directly ask you guys ^^
it seemed really REALLY hard to me, the way the food and drink go away... glad to hear you plan to make it work better!
:D

If it's a bug I love it.
 Epoch kill the importance of food and drink and players love the easy life in the apocalypse.Look for items is old fashioned...
 If there is something I always hope is that there would be no coins or gold,
 and that the most valuable thing you pay the other items for, is food and drink; also medicines and fuel.
 If you think of a can of food in a world that no longer produces, the can value is more than a car.
 But I complain nothing because thanks to the open source and the great work that made the developers in 1.6 all this I want is Customizable

On 1/20/2017 at 2:10 PM, juandayz said:

If it's a bug I love it.
 Epoch kill the importance of food and drink and players love the easy life in the apocalypse.Look for items is old fashioned...
 If there is something I always hope is that there would be no coins or gold,
 and that the most valuable thing you pay the other items for, is food and drink; also medicines and fuel.
 If you think of a can of food in a world that no longer produces, the can value is more than a car.
 But I complain nothing because thanks to the open source and the great work that made the developers in 1.6 all this I want is Customizable

Epoch concentrated more on building and crafting imo.  Origins went more towards the real survival feel like you explained, but they ended up making it way too different with their latest releases.

The thing i like about epoch, you can pretty much do anything you want with the community is has.  There is a player market script available somewhere in these forums. So basically you remove traders and people trade with each other. No coins, no gold! And if someone really wants to take the time to modify the food system is doable. I had started, but it was too time consuming for a feature most wouldnt even recognize, or make a huge difference in the gameplay.