Help with the transfer of Epoch servers to another computer

AtomikMulch

Question

Good day everyone,

I am new here at EpochMod. So.... Hello!!!  Glad to see that there are still many interested in DayZ, Epoch etc using the ARMA2:OA platform.

I wanted to start by writing that I am a real fan of DayZ, love the apocalyptic themed games and that I currently have 2 private servers going at home. I got tremendous help from a friend in building these servers for myself, my son and all his friends.  We run these on the LAN and have a blast.  Unfortunately, the computer (HP laptop running Vista... yea, I know, yuck) upon which I have the servers installed is about to die, it is after all about 8 or 9 yrs old.  I have just refurbished a newer computer (running Win 7 SP1) to transfer both servers to it. I will be switching from a dedicated server to one that I will be playing on as well.  I believe (or hope atleast)  that I have properly prepared the newer system to receive the server package.  I have copied over the files, used MYSQL to prepare the database, copied over the saved databases, etc.  But now, none of them are working on the newer system. I launch the server, I can detect it with my ARMA2:OA game but I keep getting errors like "server running incorrect version on serverside", or some deleted addon content, or it just keep switching from the wiating for server to authenticate screen to the ARMA2:OA/DayZ mod lobby screen.  Just wondering if anyone here would be willing to walk me through the process of either building a new server or simply try to get my two original ones working.

My first server is a basic vanilla DayZ1.8.3 server and the second one is a DayZ Epoch server (DayZ 1.8.3 modded by Pwnoz0r/Epoch 1.0.5.1 modded by Falling Sheep) running the Chernarus map.

What I would like to do is run various other servers with other maps like Taviana, Lingor, etc, using Overpoch as well, just a combination of various possibilities. But everytime I try to build it up, I only get so far with the errors and I give up. I have been trying to get Taviana going for months now but no success.  I don't have significant amount of time to work on this, that may be one of the issues here. 

Added:

Oh no, let me guess, too many have migrated to Arma3 Epoch..... *sigh*

By the way, I have installed all the necessary Visual C++ Redistrub (both x86 and x64) including 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015.  I still get those blasted "server is running an incorrect version of server side application error.

6 answers to this question

Easy way setup fresh a2 epoch server/s on your new box (download updated arma2 & OA files) install same mods to your new server/s that were on your old server

When you setup your database/s export your old database/s or just the tables either import your old database or create a new database and import the tables dont forget to setup the events and turn them on

Once you have this done next part is easy copy over your server.pbo and mission.pbo/folder

If you were running single gold coin you might need to copy over the .dll files and hive.ext 

Best way to setup multiple servers on one machine is for each server to have its own folder so yes each server will take up about 19gb of space