[OLD Release] Custom Chernarus Server Pack 1.2.1 - For Epoch 1.0.1.4 (Development Stopped)

Bungle

Still need some help on this black market trader.

He's there & his menu works but he has nothing for sale, he will only trade metals, u can scroll to the menus for weps etc but then nothing comes up.

He also does not show up in my DayZ private hive tools list of traders, I see all the others but not him to edit or add items to?

Driving me nuts for days now, please anyone?

Everything else working perfectly including all  other traders except him.

Thanks.

Can anyone confirm if this is with my pack breaking it or he is also not working in my vanilla?

I don't use him much as a trader so never really check. Although I did get a m8_sharpshooter from him once.

I didn't make any changes to the vendors with the custom pack and the only thing I can think of is the AI system conflicting with the skin he wears if it is only with the pack.

from what i have found looking at the file, i think your using a old version of the server_traders.sqf file. The updates i suggested in the previous post update it to the current file from the epoch files.

if i remember correctly, the black market trader was not there with the original traders and was added later.

Razorman, i think the issue your having is still with your database as if the menu is working for trading metals but there is nothing for sale i think its because there is nothing in the database that he sells.

razorman, one way you could check is log into your database and select the traders_data table. then have a look in the tid column.

In that column there should be loads of numbers but the ones your looking for are 455, 456, 462, 463 & 464

if these numbers are not there then your problem is in your database providing you have made sure the edit i said previously is in your server_traders.sqf file

Hi Fellas...

Bungle ( and Matt ) thanx in advance for all the hard work you've put into this .  I'm getting ready to DL your pack and load it to my ST server.  

Wanted to ask a couple of quick questions before I did.

1  So, I can disable any feature by just "commenting out" (////////)  that feature ? Wow, too easy, and pure genius !

2  Are all the tweaks and fixes in the entire thread applied to 1.1 , Or am I going to have to DL 1.1 and do all the edits before I upload to my server ?

Thats about it.  I will report back to you if there are any problems or of anticipated complete success.  This should be a good test since I am adding this to a server that has never been modded. 

Best Regards

rac

Hi Rac,

To be fair credit goes to the scripts creators, I just threw them together and gave away the results to make it easier for those just getting started and faster for those not wanting to experiment for themselves and just play. 

The comment needs to start the line with the code. But yes, most if not all you can disable via adding a //  to the start of each line containing the script/feature.

Example disabling Sarge AI Bottom of init.sqf

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Sarge AI Area 

//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";        // UPSMON (Needed for Sarge)
//call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";                         // SHK (Needed for Sarge)
//[] ExecVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";                                              // SARGE AI - Roaming AI Survivor, Military and Bandit Groups

// For Custom Configuration see addons/SARGE/SAR_config.sqf
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Example disabling Self Bloodbag within fn_selfActions.sqf

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Krixes Self Bloodbag
// _mags = magazines player;
//
//
//  
//    if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
//        hasBagItem = true;
//    } else { hasBagItem = false;};
//    if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
//       if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
//           s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
//        };
//    } else {
//        player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
//        s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;
//    };
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Keep in mind you shouldn't need to encase the entire section. Just stop the If statement, however this makes it feel cleaner and you know the whole section is just a comment.

The download is the 1.1 with everything ready to go. 

The only issue so far seems to be the black market trader stemming from perhaps an old server_traders.sqf. If this is the case easy fix and will be released soon.

Cheers,

Mr B 

razorman, one way you could check is log into your database and select the traders_data table. then have a look in the tid column.

In that column there should be loads of numbers but the ones your looking for are 455, 456, 462, 463 & 464

if these numbers are not there then your problem is in your database providing you have made sure the edit i said previously is in your server_traders.sqf file

Perfect thank you, indeed in my trader_data table there were o entries with any of those tid's,

For explanation:

455 = Weps

456 = Ammo

462 = Explosives

463 = Backpacks

464 = Clothing

Thanks again for the help.

Btw, why does he not show up in Private hive tools trader list even though he's in game?

Well, thanks to all the script creators and coders as well.  And once again thanks to you for making this clear and easily understandable.  Really makes the modding simple.  BTW...I found it interesting the first example of exclusion ( Sarge AI), was exactly the ONLY thing my players didn't want.

Will keep you updated.

rac

EDIT: Some of my traders are running out of stock, is this a known issue and is there a fix?

Some of my traders are running out of stock, is this a known issue and is there a fix?

this is how its intended to be. you have to set the qty that the traders have and after each sale it drops by 1

the way round it is to put this in your mysql database

CREATE EVENT updateStockDaily
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'Updates out of stock vendors'
    DO
      UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE qty=0 AND afile<>'trade_any_vehicle' AND afile<>'trade_any_boat';

this basically sets the qty to 10 every day so each day there is 10 to sell, after the 10 are gone there out of stock till the next day

To fix the issue of helicopters exploding when spawning you need to edit one file not in the server pack, server_cleanup.fsm. This file is in the server.pbo file 

Extract the pbo file and navigate into the system folder.

edit the file and search for

You need to edit your system/server_cleanup.fsm inside your dayz_server.pbo, open it and search for:
Code:
//Check for hackers

2 Lines under it is a line starting with if(vehicle _x != ... exchange the complete line with:

"heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
        {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
    };

If you dont do this, all AI-Choppers will insta killed over theire startpoint after they spawned in