Ai Convoy Problem

Tang0

Question

Hi used this script on 1.0.5.1  works great, on 1.0.6 i got it to work though with less vehicles, seems if i spawn a BRDM2 like i did in 1.0.5.1 it spawns fine, the Ai are in it but it doesnt move, had this problem with the 1.0.6 vehicles as well until i made only 1 ai enter turret, any ideas would be appreciated, the main problem is that alot of the Ai do not leave the vehicles when under attack as they did in 1.0.5.1, some leave but most just sit there even when shot at, any ideas? Is there a difference in 1.0.6 with Ai?

21 answers to this question

@ebaydayz 

Tried both of these fixes, independently and together. Nether have the desired effect. ai in vehicles wont jump out and fight and they wont drive if they are in any vehicle with a gun. unarmed vehicles drive around fine but don't stop to engage. vehicles appear partially in ground until the first shot is fired at them then they pop up to ground level.

I appreciate all of your hard work.

ebayda

yes i see the vehicles partially in the air (1m or so) until a shot is fired and then they move, i did have a little bit of luck with some armed vehicles by limiting the number of ai in turret to 1 but tbh the covoy script ran so bad compared to 1.0.5.1 i have taken it out until it runs properly, vehicles in dzai dont move at all either - im not happy with 1.0.6 at all atm, between a few larger bugs and this ai problem i wont be upgrading to it any time soon as alot of the best parts of my 1.0.5.1 server are not working as intended in 1.0.6

edited the CfgArma.hpp in dayz_code on both the test server and my client. edited verifySignatures and connected. Tried a variety of vehicles in DZAI

DZAI_vehList = [
    ["LAV25",1],  //--- sits still. turret turns to aim at me does not fire. no one exits vehicle when i fire at it
    ["ArmoredSUV_PMC",1],   //-- sits still, gunner lights me up. Deleted the vehicle and all ai get out and fire, i killed 3 of them and 1 ran off
    ["M1126_ICV_M2_EP1",1], //--same as lav
    ["MTVR",1], //--drove past me then stopped. driver got out and shot at me. i killed him and others sat in vehicle
    ["SUV_Charcoal",1] //--drove past me stopped driver got out and shot at me then got back in when i fired at him

];

edit : wai also spawned a bandit patrol, uaz dshkm and they just looked at me, didnt drive, got out and fired at me eventually

so a dzai  M1126_ICV_M2_EP1  just drove down the road and shot at me. without any of the changes to ai skills or anything discussed here. only difference is the server went to night? anyhow he didnt kill me (god mode) and he drove off rather than keep shooting.

find the armored suv... shoot the gunner out. driver starts the engine and moves the suv,  does not drive around but moves. as soon as the gunner is dead he starts.

using infistar "show locked vehicles" the lav appears as ["Error: No unit"] in LAV "Error: No unit" "Error: No unit" "Error: No unit" "Error: No unit"] in LAV however it appears as there are 2 errors overlapping each other. cant seem to screengrab this window to show you what i mean.

OK, there is no  addons\dayz_code\config.cpp . I did find one config.cpp, in addons\dayz\config.cpp, but it does not contain the line you reference. It contains a class NoVoice block which includes the statement  protocol = "RadioProtocolBase";  , but that's the only reference to any statement containing the string "radio".

Searching for the include statement  #include "Configs\RadioProtocol.hpp"  .... Hey, that include couldn't be in the binary, could it?

its in @dayz_epoch/addons/dayz_code.pbo in the configs folder. and this needs to be changed client side also (dayz_code.pbo on your connecting pc). then in config.cfg set verifySignatures=0; so that it does not complain that you have a modified client file.

if you arent comfortable with this change ill try it in a bit... after the kids have dinner and go to bed!

you guys plan to do a patch to fix these things once the bugs are worked out? Tank treads cant be repaired by hand without changing dayz code, when u try to get hemp seeds from kilos u get canvas instead, AI patrol vehicles barely work, AI don't seem to follow waypoints as smoothly as they used to. Would be nice for a quick patch update, i'd rather not have to remove signature verification checks so that people can log in with a different dayz_code.pbo file than the one I'd have to edit personally.

1 hour ago, Runewulv said:

you guys plan to do a patch to fix these things once the bugs are worked out? Tank treads cant be repaired by hand without changing dayz code, when u try to get hemp seeds from kilos u get canvas instead, AI patrol vehicles barely work, AI don't seem to follow waypoints as smoothly as they used to. Would be nice for a quick patch update, i'd rather not have to remove signature verification checks so that people can log in with a different dayz_code.pbo file than the one I'd have to edit personally.

Yes, 1.0.6.1 is on its way at some stage, no ETA as of yet. Tank treads have been fixed, you can overwrite files in your mission file to fix it.

You should *NEVER* remove signature verification checks on a production server, it's so easy to edit files and do whatever you like.