DayZ 1.8.8 Loot table problem.

insertcoins

Question

Hi, 

For a while now I've been trying to set up a vanilla Dayz Namalsk server. Would't be that hard you might think, and it's not except for one little detail: No Namalsk buildings spawns loot.

Before you say Insert you nitwit, you have to add custom loot tables and add all the namalsk buildings to their respective building.hpp, I have done this.
The custom loot building.hpp's work, because if I change for example the barracks from military.hpp to industrial.hpp I get barracks full of hatchets and timber.
I've used my own lootpositions that I made and right now, for testing, I'm using the A2:Epoch namalsk lootcords but all to no avail.

Am I missing something here? Are buildings not native to Chern blocked in any way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. Asking here because opendayz is dead.

8 answers to this question

On 28.12.2016 at 2:12 PM, insertcoins said:

Hi, 

For a while now I've been trying to set up a vanilla Dayz Namalsk server. Would't be that hard you might think, and it's not except for one little detail: No Namalsk buildings spawns loot.

Before you say Insert you nitwit, you have to add custom loot tables and add all the namalsk buildings to their respective building.hpp, I have done this.
The custom loot building.hpp's work, because if I change for example the barracks from military.hpp to industrial.hpp I get barracks full of hatchets and timber.
I've used my own lootpositions that I made and right now, for testing, I'm using the A2:Epoch namalsk lootcords but all to no avail.

Am I missing something here? Are buildings not native to Chern blocked in any way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. Asking here because opendayz is dead.

Hey I am also looking forward to host a vanilla dayz Namalsk server. For me it seems like if i customize the loot table i cant log in it stucks at waiting for authentication.

On 4-2-2017 at 2:19 AM, Jamrock said:

Hey I am also looking forward to host a vanilla dayz Namalsk server. For me it seems like if i customize the loot table i cant log in it stucks at waiting for authentication.

Well then somewhere along the line you made a mistake. Tell me your steps.

On 5.2.2017 at 11:57 AM, insertcoins said:

Well then somewhere along the line you made a mistake. Tell me your steps.

It worked now. I feel like it had to athenticate for a long time and now it is kinda working. Loot is a bit low on the server right now but ill try to higher it. dunno yet how to though.

7 hours ago, Jamrock said:

For some reason there is no loot spawning in object a2 and the namalsk buildings even though ive added those into the loot table lol.

There are limitations in the 1.8.8 code, this means that any building not native to chernarus is blocked from spawning loot. Nothing that can be done about this short of dumping the whole dayz_code into the mission pbo, which is something I really thought about but thought better of.