Have Drones spawn Sappers

natoed

Question

24 answers to this question

On 24.12.2016 at 11:17 AM, natoed said:

I have tried this a few weeks back, sappers did spawn but their "brain" was not there so to speak...

Sappers just stand idle, sorry I have no time for the those default AI the drone spawns they are just boring.

cheers

natoed

SOLVED

https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/35429-need-a-bit-of-help-with-spawning-sappers-solved/?_fromLogin=1

How did you fix? They just spawn for me at map corners or standing aroubd doing nothing. Dont know how to get this working 

i did get them to spawn via

missionfile\epoch_config\Configs\CfgEpochClient.hpp line 115 changed

unitTypes[] = {"I_Soldier_EPOCH","I_Soldier2_EPOCH","I_Soldier3_EPOCH"};

to

unitTypes[] = {"EPOCH_Sapper_F","EPOCH_Sapper_F","Epoch_SapperB_F"};

I tried to use info from post below, But I couldn't get their "Brain" attached so they either stands still or moves around aimlessly.

As I lack the skills to nut out the problem I moved on

9 hours ago, natoed said:

i did get them to spawn via

missionfile\epoch_config\Configs\CfgEpochClient.hpp line 115 changed

unitTypes[] = {"I_Soldier_EPOCH","I_Soldier2_EPOCH","I_Soldier3_EPOCH"};

to

unitTypes[] = {"EPOCH_Sapper_F","EPOCH_Sapper_F","Epoch_SapperB_F"};

I tried to use info from post below, But I couldn't get their "Brain" attached so they either stands still or moves around aimlessly.

As I lack the skills to nut out the problem I moved on

Yea did the same changes in the cfgepochclient. so they spawn but doing nothing.

then i tried to put one of the codes vbawol gave into some files but seems i dont put them right. where do i have to place them?

You can try to replace "/epoch_code/compile/EPOCH_supportCopter.sqf" with this file:

http://pastebin.com/7sZYiFgA

http://pastebin.com/btVCXnDB

Then you can add in your cfgepochclient Sappers or AI.

If the Script identify "Epoch_Sapper_F" or "Epoch_SapperB_F" in the class name, the correct sapper brain will be loaded.

I have not tested it, just a try...

You can try to replace "/epoch_code/compile/EPOCH_supportCopter.sqf" with this file:

http://pastebin.com/7sZYiFgA

Then you can add in your cfgepochclient Sappers or AI.

If the Script identify "Epoch_Sapper_F" or "Epoch_SapperB_F" in the class name, the correct sapper brain will be loaded.

I have not tested it, just a try...

Yea this is nearly the same as i tried before, but the sapper spawns in {0, 0, 0} and not at the player :/

Have you tried it with exact this code?

If not, please try it again! The Sappers should not spawn at [0,0,0]

"Epoch_Sapper_F" call EPOCH_unitSpawn seems to be an old syntax for calling unitsspawn

You have to use:

["Epoch_Sapper_F", player] call EPOCH_unitSpawn or ["Epoch_Sapper_F", player, false] call EPOCH_unitSpawn

I thought I'd bump this thread as it has to do with spawning other units besides AI through the drones.

In 0.4 version I was spawning a variety of units Like this:

class CfgEpochUAVSupport
{
    unitTypes[] = {"CUP_I_PMC_Soldier_AA","Epoch_SapperB_F","Epoch_Sapper_F","CUP_I_PMC_Soldier_AT","I_Protagonist_VR_F","CUP_C_C_Fireman_01","C_Man_casual_2_F_tanoan","RyanZombieboss1"};

This worked nicely.

In Epoch version 0.5 I'm not able to do this.

Only the Sappers spawn through the drones.

The 0.5 list:

class CfgEpochUAVSupport
{
	unitTypes[] = {"CUP_I_PMC_Soldier_AA","Epoch_SapperB_F","Epoch_Sapper_F","CUP_I_PMC_Soldier_AT","I_Protagonist_VR_F","CUP_C_C_Fireman_01","C_Man_casual_2_F_tanoan","RyanZombieboss1"}; //Selects from randomly (e.g. {"I_Soldier_EPOCH","Epoch_Sapper_F","Epoch_SapperB_F","Epoch_SapperG_F"};)

Why do no other units spawn?

Thank you.

There are some changes in the code. It only supports the standard Epoch Units at the moment.

What you can try is changing the array of Epoch soldiers in cfgepochclient.hpp:

Spoiler

class CfgEpochSoldier
{
    unitTypes[] = {"I_Soldier_EPOCH", "I_Soldier2_EPOCH", "I_Soldier3_EPOCH"};//Selects from randomly

3 hours ago, He-Man said:

There are some changes in the code. It only supports the standard Epoch Units at the moment.

What you can try is changing the array of Epoch soldiers in cfgepochclient.hpp:

Hide contents

class CfgEpochSoldier
{
    unitTypes[] = {"I_Soldier_EPOCH", "I_Soldier2_EPOCH", "I_Soldier3_EPOCH"};//Selects from randomly

I tried using the same list of units for that but none spawn.

class CfgEpochSoldier
{
    unitTypes[] = {"CUP_I_PMC_Soldier_AT","I_Protagonist_VR_F","CUP_C_C_Fireman_01","C_Man_casual_2_F_tanoan","RyanZombieboss1"};//Selects from randomly

Thanks for the suggestion.

On 4/16/2017 at 5:55 AM, He-Man said:

But not put them into cfgepochuavsupport! There must be the soldiers.

Must be Epoch soldiers? I hope not, or that it can be fixed if so. I don't have ARMA3 standard weapons on my main server, just CUP, so personally think it is necessary to be able to specify a class name to spawn. This was working before. NOTE: I did receive one report that no AI are now spawning on my server from the Epoch UAVs... is this because I have CUP models in the list.

57 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Must be Epoch soldiers? I hope not, or that it can be fixed if so. I don't have ARMA3 standard weapons on my main server, just CUP, so personally think it is necessary to be able to specify a class name to spawn. This was working before. NOTE: I did receive one report that no AI are now spawning on my server from the Epoch UAVs... is this because I have CUP models in the list.

Yeah, I haven't seen the CUP units in my list spawn either. I hope this can be changed. It worked fine in the previous version of Epoch.

Put the "EPOCH_Soldier" in your "CfgEpochUAVSupport > Unittypes" and put your custom soldiers in "CfgEpochSoldier > Unittypes".

For example:

Spoiler

class CfgEpochSoldier
{
    unitTypes[] = {"I_Soldier_EPOCH", "I_Soldier2_EPOCH", "I_Soldier3_EPOCH","CUP_I_PMC_Soldier_AT"};//Selects from randomly
    minAISkill = 0.2; //Minumum AI Skill. Skills are chosen randomly between this minimum overall AI skill value and the following max AI skill values, for each of the next skills:
    maxAimingAccuracy = 0.7;
    maxAimingShake = 0.9;
    maxAimingSpeed = 0.6;
    maxEndurance = 0.4;
    maxSpotDistance = 0.4;
    maxSpotTime = 0.3;
    maxCourage = 0.3;
    maxReloadSpeed = 0.5;
    maxCommanding = 0.4;
    maxGeneral = 0.4;
};
class CfgEpochUAVSupport
{
    unitTypes[] = {"I_Soldier_EPOCH","I_Soldier_EPOCH","I_Soldier_EPOCH","Epoch_Sapper_F"};
    minUnitNum = 2; //Maximum number of units spawned when UAV spots target.
    maxUnitNum = 4; //Maximum number of units spawned when UAV spots target.
};

This should spawn "CUP_I_PMC_Soldier_AT" next to standard Epoch Soldiers in one Group.

To spawn Sapper / cultist Ryan Zombies, put them into CfgEpochUAVSupport!

Available Classnames are:

Spoiler

- "Epoch_Cloak_F"

- "GreatWhite_F"

- "Epoch_Sapper_F"

- "Epoch_SapperG_F"

- "Epoch_SapperB_F"

- "I_UAV_01_F"

- "PHANTOM"

- "EPOCH_RyanZombie_1"

- "I_Soldier_EPOCH"

Not all make sense, of course...

See also this files:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_code/compile/EPOCH_supportCopter.sqf

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_code/compile/EPOCH_unitSpawn.sqf

@He-Man Ah, after looking at the code and the copter_brain I think I get it. Basically the value in "CfgEpochUAVSupport > Unittypes" must be I_Soldier_Epoch, but the units that will be spawned are those we define in "CfgEpochSoldier > Unittypes". The I_Soldier_Epoch definition is just so the correct code path in EPOCH_unitSpawn.sqf is called, yes? The actual I_Soldier_Epoch is not actually spawned into the mission.

That being the case all I'll need to maintain on my servers is setting the siding to EAST not RESISTANCE and all will be good with life again :cool: