[Release] ESSV3 - Enhanced Spawn Selection [Updated for 1.0.7.1+]

ebayShopper

20 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Infistar's antiteleport is kicking in. As far as I know the only way to fix that is to disable the antiteleport. I ended up changing the config and replacing the name of the plane with "" so they just paradrop instead. When I disabled the antitelepor and flew them in the planet, some players reported their legs breaking in the plane, so the regular paradrop was the best solution to me.

im not really sure why this is happening.... i hve this installed on 3 servers since the update and all working fine.

I would assume the client or server RPTs might have something.

Also, when you launch the game. Add this in your launch parameters. it'll throw an error in your screen as it happens.

-showscripterrors

Just now, totis said:

Im using just halo myself with no issues when players die and respawning.

Im not using any antiteleport i think. Admins can still teleport ok.

You referring to this:

dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

I'm referring to Infistar. There's a setting to disable the antiteleport function of Infistar. Until I disabled it, players were spawning in the ocean. Once it was disabled, they spawned in the plane, but some had their legs broken when they were in the plane, so I removed the plane from the config and now they paradrop, which is fine for me.

1 minute ago, theduke said:

im not really sure why this is happening.... i hve this installed on 3 servers since the update and all working fine.

I would assume the client or server RPTs might have something.

Also, when you launch the game. Add this in your launch parameters. it'll throw an error in your screen as it happens.

-showscripterrors

I really don't care why it's happening. I switched to just paradrop and that's fine for me. I have other things to worry about rather than to debug why players legs break in the plane.

2 minutes ago, totis said:

True. I have that setting in infistar as true. If i set to false admins can still teleport? Ill check and see then, if its that i agree with you, we have other issues to see :)

If you set that to false, it just means Infistar won't check for players teleporting. It will still allow for admins to teleport but if a player is using an undetected cheat and it has teleport ability, they will be able to teleport at will. I'm sure there's a better solution, maybe a way to whitelist the plane you are using, but I don't know Infistar well enough to say what that way is.

1 minute ago, totis said:

Theduke i have scripr errors shown, i see na errorpopping up, something with set_gridterrain being bool and not number.

But i cant see the error in server or client rpts :)

I don't think that is related to this. The setTerrainGrid is in your init.sqf. It determines how far away the grass is shown to the players.

I dont think so tbh, i know what setgrid does, but one thing is that all are connected.

You have a small mistake in missions for example and rpt throws errors in spawn lol

so maybe thats it, ill check it

I have mine choosable by players with deploy anything

4 minutes ago, totis said:

I dont think so tbh, i know what setgrid does, but one thing is that all are connected.

You have a small mistake in missions for example and rpt throws errors in spawn lol

so maybe thats it, ill check it

I have mine choosable by players with deploy anything

I've seen the difference first hand. Changing that to 3.125 makes the grass appear for a much farther distance. These images are from A3, when I was testing the difference between 25 and 3.125 but it looks the same in A2, maybe just not as pretty:

setTerrainGrid = 25

20171110111240_1.jpg

setTerrainGrid = 3.125

20171110111254_1.jpg

Hi there,

I am having an issue where some players are halo dropping and spawning off the map only to die of radiation. does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Running ESSV3 on an Epoch 1.0.6.2 server.

Thanks!

The RPT spams this about 20 times:
21:50:19 "INFO: Cannot Sync Character Player near respawn_west [-18700.1,25799.6,0.00146484]. This is normal when relogging or changing clothes."

And then after a bit this:

22:00:21 "Player (PID) Player died from radiation. @859906 [-14084.6,24740,0.00143433]"

Very nice mod. I have just one question. Where do i need to add "ItemMap" in all loadouts?

something like this I'm guessing?

[START_ITEMS,"17Rnd_9x19_glock17",2],["G17_DZ","ItemMap"],"",[],[],0,-5000,0,""],

Even though i put it in, people spawn with black window where the map is supposed to be. 

8 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Very nice mod. I have just one question. Where do i need to add "ItemMap" in all loadouts?

something like this I'm guessing?

[START_ITEMS,"17Rnd_9x19_glock17",2],["G17_DZ","ItemMap"],"",[],[],0,-5000,0,""],

Even though i put it in, people spawn with black window where the map is supposed to be. 

Just try add an ItemMap to START_ITEMS line.

Hi, Thanks for a awesome mod. I have one issue though, and it might be a setting that I'm either overlooking or do not know where to find. When players on my server dies, they successfully re-spawn using spawn selection halo/ground spawn and earned loadout, but they also spawn with the same amount of money they had when they died. So when the go back to their bodies they also collect this amount. In conjunction with ESSV3 I'm using ZSC single currency. I need to know how to disable re-spawn with money. I would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. 

EDIT: The only place I found mentioning coins as per the documentation

Coins

• 0 - Does nothing, use if single currency is not installed
  • Positive # - Gives player coins with loadout

is from main.sqf :

_coins = switch true do {
		case (count class_choice > 20): {class_choice select 21}; //Random
		case (count class_choice > 10): {class_choice select 10}; //Normal public or private
		case (count class_choice > 0): {class_choice select 8}; //Custom loadout by UID
		default {0};

Edited by Cyrus
more info

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

Hi, Thanks for a awesome mod. I have one issue though, and it might be a setting that I'm either overlooking or do not know where to find. When players on my server dies, they successfully re-spawn using spawn selection halo/ground spawn and earned loadout, but they also spawn with the same amount of money they had when they died. So when the go back to their bodies they also collect this amount. In conjunction with ESSV3 I'm using ZSC single currency. I need to know how to disable re-spawn with money. I would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. 

EDIT: The only place I found mentioning coins as per the documentation

is from main.sqf :

_coins = switch true do {
		case (count class_choice > 20): {class_choice select 21}; //Random
		case (count class_choice > 10): {class_choice select 10}; //Normal public or private
		case (count class_choice > 0): {class_choice select 8}; //Custom loadout by UID
		default {0};

Hi Cyrus,

Please check you don't have this option set in your dayz_code\init\variables.sqf:

Z_moneyVariable = "GlobalMoney"; // Uncomment this this to make it so players don't lose coins on death. Will need to disable checkWallet as you can dupe if you have this and check wallet running.

If you do, delete it and the coins should remove from the player on death.

If not, I'd need to look at your files to see what's going on, i.e post a client and server RPT.

To find this logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT