[Release] ESSV3 - Enhanced Spawn Selection [Updated for 1.0.7.1+]

ebayShopper

Question

Could there be 2 arrays for body check- one if you are going to paraspawn- and another if you do ground spawn
spawn_bodyCheck = 2000; // If a player has a body within this distance of a spawn that spawn will be blocked. Set to -1 to disable.

OR

is there a way to disconnect parachute if they paraglitch

Pressing P or some other buttons allows users to speed up and travel great distances still

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this may just be like a compatibility thing or something, but I am not sure why this is not working. I run this on Chernarus and no issues. I change the map to Jade Groove and I get the below error in the Client RTP. I tried loading the basic mission and server files and I get the same error. That leads me to believe it's some kind of comparability between the script and Jade Groove map or something. I have everything working, but this and I am hoping to be able to figure this out.

Spoiler

"player_forceSave called from fsm"
"DZE_Hotfix_1.0.6.1A: dayz_groupSystem patched"
Error in expression <;

_grid = (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) select 1;

spawn_cameraPos = [(random 99>
  Error position: <select 1;

spawn_cameraPos = [(random 99>
  Error Zero divisor
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.jadegroove\SCRIPTS\spawn\main.sqf, line 11

When you select a spawn point this error message always appears in the client RTP and sometime, not always, but sometimes you log in the ocean. It's wont actually teleport you. Again this only started happening when I changed maps so I am at a loss.

Ok I guess I do have an error in the RTP as well. I have a workaround right now so that if the spawn select fails at least people don't end up in the middle of the ocean, but it looks like the issue is my markers spawnpoints. Not sure how to make it see it a safe place to spawn or not.

Spoiler

"z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSetup.sqf: Error, failed to find a suitable spawn spot for player. area:[3293.88,5714.4,0]"

Error in expression <layerObj call fa_plr2str),((_worldspace select 1) call fa_coor2str)] call dayz_r>
23:11:35   Error position: <select 1) call fa_coor2str)] call dayz_r>
23:11:35   Error Zero divisor
23:11:35 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSetup.sqf, line 243

I will keep trying to figure it out, but with this information anyone with ideas would be great :)

Hey ebay, trying to define a random class that is seriously random, but Im having issues trying to get it to do what I want. I literally want the skins, weapons, bags, items, tools etc to be randomly picked. Is this possible with the current random format?

[
	Name, 
	[[Male Skins],[Female Skins]],
	Mags+Items, #ofItemPicks, 
	Tools, #ofToolPicks, 
	Primary, #ofPrimaryMags, 
	Pistol, #ofPistolMags, 
	Bags, 
	BagItems, #ofBagItemPicks, 
	BagTools, #ofBagToolPicks, 
	BagPrimary, #ofBagPrimaryMags, 
	BagPistol, #ofBagPistolMags, 
	VIPLevel, HumanityLevel, Coins,
	OnBack,
	GuaranteedMags+Items,
	GuaranteedTools
]

if i define arrays contain all the possible selections to be made (ie male/female skins, primaryweps, pistol weps, bags, onback, etc) will it pick a random 1 from the array or is there more that needs to be done to make it work?

for example , if i define a bunch of arrays

Spoiler

//Male_Skins = ["Drake_Light","Graves_Light","Herrera_Light","US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Air_Controller_EP1","US_Delta_Force_MG_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Assault_EP1","US_Delta_Force_EP1","US_Delta_Force_M14_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Night_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Undercover_Takistani06_EP1","US_Soldier_AR_EP1","US_Soldier_Crew_EP1","US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","US_Soldier_GL_EP1","Graves_Light","US_Pilot_Light_EP1","US_Soldier_Light_EP1","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","US_Soldier_Officer_EP1","US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","US_Soldier_SL_EP1","US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","US_Soldier_Sniper_NV_EP1","US_Soldier_TL_EP1","CZ_Soldier_DES_EP1","CZ_Soldier_Light_DES_EP1","CZ_Soldier_Office_DES_EP1","CZ_Soldier_Pilot_DES_EP1","CZ_Soldier_Sniper_DES_EP1","CZ_Special_Forces_DES_EP1","CZ_Special_Forces_TL_DES_EP1","GER_Soldier_EP1","GER_Soldier_Medic_EP1","CIV_Contractor1_BAF","CIV_Contractor2_BAF","BAF_crewman_W","BAF_Soldier_FAC_W","BAF_Soldier_Officer_W","BAF_Soldier_L_W","BAF_Soldier_Medic_W","BAF_Pilot_W","BAF_Soldier_EN_W","BAF_Soldier_spotterN_W","TK_Aziz_EP1","TK_Commander_EP1","TK_Soldier_EP1","TK_Soldier_Crew_EP1","TK_Soldier_Officer_EP1","TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_EP1","TK_INS_Bonesetter_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_2_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_4_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AT_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AAT_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_Warlord_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_MG_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_Warlord_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Crew_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Guard_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Light_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","Soldier_TL_PMC","Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC","Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC","Soldier_Sniper_PMC","Soldier_Medic_PMC","Soldier_MG_PMC","Soldier_AT_PMC","Soldier_Engineer_PMC","Soldier_GL_M16A2_PMC","Soldier_PMC","Soldier_GL_PMC","Soldier_Crew_PMC","Soldier_Pilot_PMC","Poet_PMC","Tanny_PMC","Reynolds_PMC","Dixon_PMC","Ry_PMC"];
//Female_Skins = ["BanditW1_DZ","BanditW2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ","SurvivorWurban_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ"];
//FoodItems = ["FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBeef","FoodCanCorn","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaLemonade","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaMdew","ItemWaterBottleBoiled"];
//ToolItems = ["Binocular","ItemCompass","ItemCrowbar","ItemEtool"."ItemFishingPole","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemGPS","ItemHatchet","ItemKnife","ItemMachete","ItemMap","ItemMatchbox","ItemPickace","ItemShovel","ItemSledge","ItemToolbox","ItemWatch"];
//MedicalItems = ["ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemAntibiotic","ItemPainkiller","ItemMorphine","ItemBloodTester"];
//MiscItems = ["ItemJerrycan","ItemSodaClaysEmpty","ItemSodaCokeEmpty","ItemSodaDrwasteEmpty","ItemSodaEmpty","ItemTrashToiletpaper","FoodChipsSulahoopsEmpty","FoodChipsMysticalesEmpty","FoodChipsChocolateEmpty"];
//PrimaryWeps = ["M16A4_ACOG_DZ","Sa58V_RCO_EP1","M8_sharpshooter","M4A1_HWS_GL_camo","M4A3_CCO_EP1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","M4A1_AIM_SD_camo","M16A4","m8_carbine","L85_Holo_DZ","Sa58V_CCO_EP1",/*epoch*/"RPK74_DZ","Mk48_CCO_DZ","M249_DZ","Pecheneg_DZ","M240_DZ",/* Light machine guns*/"M14_CCO_DZ","M110_NVG_EP1","SVD_Gh_DZ","VSS_Vintorez","DMR_DZ","M40A3_Gh_DZ",/* Sniper rifles*/"vil_AEK2","vil_AEK_GL","vil_AeK_3","vil_AeK_23","vil_AeK_3_K","vil_AK_105","Vil_AK_105_c","vil_AK_101","vil_AK_103","vil_AK_107","Vil_AK_107_c","vil_ak12","vil_ak12_ap","vil_ak12_gp","vil_AK_47","vil_AK_47_49","vil_AK_47_m1","vil_AK_47","vil_AK_74_N","vil_AK_74P","vil_AK_74m","vil_AK_74m_p29","vil_AK_74m_EOT_Alfa","vil_AK_74m_gp_29","vil_AK_74m_gp","vil_AK_74m_EOT","vil_AK_74m_EOT_FSB","vil_AK_74m_EOT_FSB_60","vil_AK_74m_EOT_FSB_45","vil_AK_74m_c","vil_AK_74m_k","vil_AK_74m_PSO","vil_AKM","vil_AKM_GL","vil_AKMS","vil_AKMS_GP25","vil_AKMSB","vil_AKS_47","vil_AKS_74","vil_AKS_74_gp","vil_AKS_74p_gp","vil_AKS_74p","vil_AKS_74p_45","vil_AKs_74_u","vil_AKs_74_u45","Vil_AKS_74_UB","Vil_AKS_74_UN_kobra","vil_AMD63","vil_AMD","vil_Abakan","vil_Abakan_P29","vil_Abakan_gp","vil_AK_nato_m1","vil_ASH82","vil_MPi","vil_PMI74S","vil_PMI","vil_PMIS","vil_type88_1","vil_M64","vil_M70","vil_M70B","vil_AK_nato_m80",/*Overwatch AK Variants*/"vil_Galil","vil_Galil_arm","vil_SKS","gms_k98","gms_k98_knife","gms_k98_rg","gms_k98zf39","FHQ_ACR_BLK_CCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_CCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_CCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_CCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_CCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_CCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_CCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_CCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_G33_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_G33_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_G33_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_G33_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_G33_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_G33_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_G33_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_G33_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HAMR_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HAMR_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HAMR_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HAMR_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HAMR_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HAMR_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HAMR_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HAMR_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HWS_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HWS_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HWS_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HWS_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HWS_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HWS_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HWS_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HWS_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_IRN_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_IRN_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_IRN_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_RCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_RCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_RCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_RCO_GL_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_RCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_RCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_RCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_RCO_SD","FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN_SD","FHQ_ACR_TAN_IRN_SD","FHQ_ACR_SNW_IRN_SD","FHQ_ACR_WDL_IRN_SD",/*Overwatch ACRSD Variants*/"FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN","FHQ_ACR_TAN_IRN","FHQ_ACR_SNW_IRN","FHQ_ACR_WDL_IRN","FHQ_ACR_BLK_CCO","FHQ_ACR_TAN_CCO","FHQ_ACR_SNW_CCO","FHQ_ACR_WDL_CCO","FHQ_ACR_BLK_CCO_GL","FHQ_ACR_TAN_CCO_GL","FHQ_ACR_SNW_CCO_GL","FHQ_ACR_WDL_CCO_GL","FHQ_ACR_BLK_G33","FHQ_ACR_TAN_G33","FHQ_ACR_SNW_G33","FHQ_ACR_WDL_G33","FHQ_ACR_BLK_G33_GL","FHQ_ACR_TAN_G33_GL","FHQ_ACR_SNW_G33_GL","FHQ_ACR_WDL_G33_GL","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HAMR","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HAMR","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HAMR","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HAMR","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HAMR_GL","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HAMR_GL","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HAMR_GL","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HAMR_GL","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HWS","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HWS","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HWS","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HWS","FHQ_ACR_BLK_HWS_GL","FHQ_ACR_TAN_HWS_GL","FHQ_ACR_SNW_HWS_GL","FHQ_ACR_WDL_HWS_GL","FHQ_ACR_BLK_IRN_GL","FHQ_ACR_TAN_IRN_GL","FHQ_ACR_SNW_IRN_GL","FHQ_ACR_WDL_IRN_GL","FHQ_ACR_BLK_RCO","FHQ_ACR_TAN_RCO","FHQ_ACR_SNW_RCO","FHQ_ACR_WDL_RCO","FHQ_ACR_BLK_RCO_GL","FHQ_ACR_TAN_RCO_GL","FHQ_ACR_SNW_RCO_GL","FHQ_ACR_WDL_RCO_GL",/*Overwatch ACR Variants*/"SCAR_L_CQC_CCO_SD","SCAR_L_CQC","SCAR_L_CQC_Holo","SCAR_L_CQC_EGLM_Holo","SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_RCO","SCAR_L_STD_HOLO","SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT","SCAR_H_CQC_CCO","SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD","SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD",/*Overwatch SCAR Variants*/"vil_9a91","vil_9a91_c","vil_9a91_csd","vil_VAL","vil_VAL_C","vil_Groza_HG","vil_Groza_GL","vil_Groza_SC","vil_Groza_SD","vil_Vikhr","vil_vsk94","vil_MP5_EOTech","vil_MP5SD_EOTech","vil_uzimini","vil_uzimini_SD","vil_uzi","vil_uzi_c","vil_uzi_SD",/*Overwatch SMG Variants*/"USSR_cheytacM200","USSR_cheytacM200_sd","vil_SVD_63","vil_SVD_N","vil_SVD_M","vil_SVD_P21","vil_SVD_S","FHQ_MSR_DESERT","FHQ_MSR_NV_DESERT","FHQ_MSR_NV_SD_DESERT","FHQ_MSR_SD_DESERT","FHQ_RSASS_TAN","FHQ_RSASS_SD_TAN","vil_SV_98_69","vil_SV_98","vil_SV_98_SD","vil_SVDK","FHQ_XM2010_DESERT","FHQ_XM2010_NV_DESERT","FHQ_XM2010_NV_SD_DESERT","FHQ_XM2010_SD_DESERT",/*Overwatch Sniper Variants*/"RH_ctar21","RH_ctar21glacog","RH_ctar21m","RH_ctar21mgl","RH_star21",/*Overwatch TAR Variants*/"vil_AG3","vil_G3a2","vil_G3a3","vil_G3an","vil_G3anb","vil_G3SG1","vil_G3sg1b","vil_G3TGS","vil_G3TGSb","vil_G3ZF","vil_G3zfb","vil_G3a4","vil_G3a4b",/*Overwatch G3 Variants*/"RH_masacog","RH_masaim","RH_masbaim","RH_masb","RH_masbeotech","RH_mas","RH_massd","RH_massdacog","RH_masbsdacog","RH_massdaim","RH_masbsdaim","RH_masbsd","RH_massdeotech","RH_masbsdeotech",/*Overwatch MAS Variants*/"vil_RPK75_Romania","vil_M240_B","vil_M249_Para","skavil_M60","skavil_M60e3","vil_Mg3","vil_MG4","vil_MG4E","vil_PKP","vil_PKP_EOT","vil_PK","vil_PKM","vil_RPD","vil_RPK","vil_RPK75","vil_RPK74","vil_RPK74M","vil_RPK74M_P29","vil_RPK75_M72","vil_zastava_m84",/*Overwatch LMG Variants*/"RH_hk417","RH_hk417acog","RH_hk417aim","RH_hk417s","RH_hk417sacog","RH_hk417saim","RH_hk417seotech","RH_hk417eotech","RH_hk417sd","RH_hk417sdacog","RH_hk417sdaim","RH_hk417sdeotech","RH_hk417sdsp","RH_hk417sp","RH_hk417sglacog","RH_hk417sgl","RH_hk417sglaim","RH_hk417sgleotech",/*Overwatch HK417 Variants*/"RH_hk416","RH_hk416glacog","RH_hk416gl","RH_hk416aim","RH_hk416glaim","RH_hk416s","RH_hk416sacog","RH_hk416sglacog","RH_hk416saim","RH_hk416sglaim","RH_hk416seotech","RH_hk416sgleotech","RH_hk416sgl","RH_hk416eotech","RH_hk416gleotech","RH_hk416sd","RH_hk416sdgl","RH_hk416sdglaim","RH_hk416sdeotech","RH_hk416sdgleotech",/*Overwatch HK416*/"vil_AG36KA4","vil_AG36KV","vil_G36KSKdes","vil_G36KA4","vil_G36KSKES","vil_G36KSKdesES","vil_G36KES","vil_G36KVZ","vil_G36KSK","vil_G36VA4Eot","vil_G36KV3","vil_G36KVA4","vil_G36KV3Des","vil_G36VA4","vil_AG36","vil_G36a2","vil_AG36A2","vil_G36CC","vil_G36E",/*Overwatch G36 Variants*/"vil_HK417s","vil_M110","vil_M110sd","RH_m14","vil_M14G","RH_m14acog","RH_m14aim","RH_m14eot","RH_m1s","RH_m1sacog","RH_m1saim","RH_m1seot","RH_m1sshd","RH_m1ssp","RH_m1st","RH_m1stacog","RH_m1staim","RH_m1steot","RH_m1stshd","RH_m1stsp","RH_m21","vil_M21G","RH_sc2","RH_sc2acog","RH_sc2aim","RH_sc2eot","RH_sc2shd","RH_sc2sp","vil_SR25","vil_SR25SD"/*Overwatch DMR Variants*/];
//#define PistolWeps = ["M9", "M9SD", "Colt1911", "Makarov", "MakarovSD", "Sa61_EP1", "UZI_EP1", "UZI_SD_EP1", "revolver_EP1", "revolver_gold_EP1", "glock17_EP1",/*stock arma*/"RH_deagle", "RH_Deagleg", "RH_Deaglem", "RH_Deaglemz", "RH_Deaglemzb", "RH_Deagles", "RH_g17", "RH_g17sd", "RH_g18", "RH_g19", "RH_g19t","RH_browninghp", "RH_bull", "RH_anac", "RH_anacg", "RH_m1911", "RH_m1911old", "RH_m1911sd", "RH_m9", "RH_m93r", "RH_m9c", "RH_m9csd", "RH_m9sd","RH_usp", "RH_uspm", "RH_uspsd", "RH_mk2", "RH_mk22", "RH_mk22sd", "RH_mk22v", "RH_mk22vsd", "RH_p226", "RH_p226s", "RH_p38", "RH_ppk", "RH_python","RH_tec9", "RH_tt33", "RH_vz61", "vil_B_HP", "vil_USP", "vil_USP45", "vil_USP45SD", "vil_USPSD", "vil_Glock", "vil_Glock_o"];
//AllBags = ["DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1","DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_Backpack_EP1","DZ_British_ACU","DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1","DZ_CompactPack_EP1","DZ_Czech_Vest_Pouch","DZ_GunBag_EP1","DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1","DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1","DZ_TerminalPack_EP1","DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1"];
//BagItems = BagItems + FoodItems + MedicalItems + MiscItems;
//OnBackWeps = ["MeleeBaseballBat","MeleeCrowbar","MeleeFishingPole","MeleeHatchet","MeleeMachete","MeleeSledge"];

[
	Name, 
	[[Male_Skins],[Female_Skins]],
	[FoodItems, round(random 5)], 
	[ToolItems, round(random 4)], 
	[PrimaryWeps, 2], 
	[PistolWeps, #ofPistolMags], 
	[AllBags], 
	[BagItems, round(random 9)], 
	[ToolItems, round(random 4)], 
	[PrimaryWeps, 2], 
	[PistolWeps, 2], 
	0, 0, 1500,
	OnBackWeps,
	"FoodMRE",
	"ItemFlashlight"
]

What I see that Im trying to figure out, is some of those look like it would try to add the whole entire array in there....

• 2 weeks later...

Could do with a hand please anyone? Once you spawn in you open your map and you have a red X RIP where your corpse is, I don't know where to find this piece of code. I know I need to implement it into the spawn\functions\spawn_map.sqf file but I can't find it anywhere?! 

If you could help it would be much appreciated. The current code in that file is :

private ["_ctrl","_grid","_name","_spawn","_zoom"];
disableSerialization;
#include "scripts.sqf"

_zoom = 0.35;
_spawn = ["","","","",""];
_name = lbText [8888,(lbCurSel 8888)];
{
	if (_name == (_x select 0)) exitWith {
		_spawn = _x;
	};
} forEach spawn_public;

_grid = switch true do {
	case (_name == (localize "STR_ESS_GROUP")): {getPosATL leader group player};
	case (_name == (localize "STR_ESS_PLOT")): {getPosATL spawn_plot};
	case (count _spawn > 4): {_zoom = 4; getMarkerPos "center"}; //Random or nothing selected
	default {_spawn select 1};
};

if (spawn_mapPos distance _grid > 0) then {
	spawn_mapPos = _grid;
	_ctrl = (findDisplay 88890) displayCtrl 8890;

// Zoom out first (avoids visible flashing)
	if (_grid distance getMarkerPos "center" > 0) then {
		ctrlMapAnimClear _ctrl;
		_ctrl ctrlMapAnimAdd [1,.6,_grid];
		ctrlMapAnimCommit _ctrl;
		waitUntil {ctrlMapAnimDone _ctrl};
	};

// Zoom in to location
	ctrlMapAnimClear _ctrl;
	_ctrl ctrlMapAnimAdd [2,_zoom,_grid];
	ctrlMapAnimCommit _ctrl;
};

Thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, JakeQue said:

Could do with a hand please anyone? Once you spawn in you open your map and you have a red X RIP where your corpse is, I don't know where to find this piece of code. I know I need to implement it into the spawn\functions\spawn_map.sqf file but I can't find it anywhere?! 

If you could help it would be much appreciated. The current code in that file is :

private ["_ctrl","_grid","_name","_spawn","_zoom"];
disableSerialization;
#include "scripts.sqf"

_zoom = 0.35;
_spawn = ["","","","",""];
_name = lbText [8888,(lbCurSel 8888)];
{
	if (_name == (_x select 0)) exitWith {
		_spawn = _x;
	};
} forEach spawn_public;

_grid = switch true do {
	case (_name == (localize "STR_ESS_GROUP")): {getPosATL leader group player};
	case (_name == (localize "STR_ESS_PLOT")): {getPosATL spawn_plot};
	case (count _spawn > 4): {_zoom = 4; getMarkerPos "center"}; //Random or nothing selected
	default {_spawn select 1};
};

if (spawn_mapPos distance _grid > 0) then {
	spawn_mapPos = _grid;
	_ctrl = (findDisplay 88890) displayCtrl 8890;

// Zoom out first (avoids visible flashing)
	if (_grid distance getMarkerPos "center" > 0) then {
		ctrlMapAnimClear _ctrl;
		_ctrl ctrlMapAnimAdd [1,.6,_grid];
		ctrlMapAnimCommit _ctrl;
		waitUntil {ctrlMapAnimDone _ctrl};
	};

// Zoom in to location
	ctrlMapAnimClear _ctrl;
	_ctrl ctrlMapAnimAdd [2,_zoom,_grid];
	ctrlMapAnimCommit _ctrl;
};

Thank you in advance!

The red X / RIP text is also in the group manager not ESS: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/groups/groupMarkers.sqf#L61-L83

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i'm new in the forum and i have an issue. I hope somebody help me. I installed essv3 on my server but at the login of a freshspawn both class selection that spawn selection are empty. I have to press esc.

I controlled all steps of installations. I have installed admintool, debug monitor and bec.

Help me... Thanks.

23 minutes ago, unconditional said:

Hi,

i'm new in the forum and i have an issue. I hope somebody help me. I installed essv3 on my server but at the login of a freshspawn both class selection that spawn selection are empty. I have to press esc.

I controlled all steps of installations. I have installed admintool, debug monitor and bec.

Help me... Thanks.

did you change anything in spawn\config.sqf?

do you remember repack your dayz_server.pbo?

do you put the stringtable file in the root of your instance folder?

at bottom of server_functions.sqf you have this line?

#include "spawn_config.sqf"

you put the spawn_config.sqf into dayz_server.pbo/init/ ?

At bottom of description.ext you have this line?

#include "spawn\dialogs.hpp"

Are you using a map supported by this mod?

I am pulling my hair out here.. I dunno If its because I am stupid or not looking in the right place but

I wanna add maps to players on spawn [localize "str_playerstats_survivor","Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ",[START_ITEMS,"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",2],["Makarov_DZ"],"",[],[],0,0,0]

where exactly should I be posting this

Ive added this to my server, but not quite sure how to add classes/loadouts/spawn selections into it. Id probly get the hang of it if i read it over a bit more but was wondering if anyone has any existing configs they wouldnt mind sharing - so i can see how things are configured (ie the structure of each loadout/class etc). That way I can see visually what needs to be done and can then create my own config.

1 hour ago, leegreaves said:

Ive added this to my server, but not quite sure how to add classes/loadouts/spawn selections into it. Id probly get the hang of it if i read it over a bit more but was wondering if anyone has any existing configs they wouldnt mind sharing - so i can see how things are configured (ie the structure of each loadout/class etc). That way I can see visually what needs to be done and can then create my own config.

It is difficult to get your head around it, but once you do it's pretty easy, here's my config file for normal players:

Spoiler

#define MOZZIE_ITEMS "PartEngine","PartVRotor","PartFueltank"
#define DEPLOY_ITEMS "PartEngine","PartVRotor","PartFueltank","PartGeneric"
#define MED_ITEMS "ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodBag","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage",3,"ItemWaterbottle","FoodPistachio"
#define VIP_TOOLS "ItemToolbox","ItemMap","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","ItemCrowbar","Binocular_Vector","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet","ItemKnife","Itemetool"
#define T1_TOOLS "ItemToolbox","ItemMap","ItemRadio","Binocular","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet","ItemKnife","Itemetool","ItemCrowbar"

class_public = [ // These are visible to anyone on the server

[
        "Random",
        [[    
            "Survivor2_DZ",
            "Haris_Press_EP1_DZ",
            "Rocker1_DZ",
            "Pilot_EP1_DZ",
            "RU_Policeman_DZ",
            "INS_Lopotev_DZ",
            "Worker1_DZ",
            "Functionary1_EP1_DZ",
            "TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ"
         ],
         [
            "BanditW1_DZ",
            "BanditW2_DZ",
            "SurvivorW2_DZ",
            "SurvivorW3_DZ",
            "SurvivorWcombat_DZ",
            "SurvivorWdesert_DZ",
            "SurvivorWpink_DZ",
            "SurvivorWurban_DZ"
          ]
        ],
        ["ItemBandage",3,"ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottle","FoodPistachio"],4,
        ["ItemToolbox","ItemMap","ItemRadio"],3,
        ["M4A1_DZ","AK74_DZ","L85_Holo_DZ","SA58_DZ"],2,
        ["M1911_DZ","Revolver_DZ","M9_DZ"],3,
        ["DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1"], // use [""] for none
        [],4,
        [],2,
        [],2,
        [],3,
    ],
    ["Hero 5k","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M16A2_DZ","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1",["PartGeneric"],[],0,5000,0,""],

["Hero 15k -1","Graves_Light_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4A3_CCO_EP1","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,15000,0,""],
    ["Hero 15k -2","Graves_Light_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["m8_sharpshooter","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,15000,0,""],
    ["Hero 15k -3","Graves_Light_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36A_Camo_DZ","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,15000,0,""],

["Hero 30k -1","Soldier1_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,30000,0,""],
    ["Hero 30k -2","Soldier1_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36_C_SD_camo","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,30000,0,""],
    ["Hero 30k -3","Soldier1_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,30000,0,""],

["Hero 60k -1","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4SPR","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -2","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M110_NVG_EP1","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -3","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_DMR",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["DMR_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -4","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["100Rnd_762x54_PK",2,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["Pecheneg_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -5","Rocket_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["100RND_762X51_M240",2,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["m240_scoped_EP1_DZE","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],

["Bandit -7.5k","Bandit2_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30RND_545x39_AK",3,"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",3,MED_ITEMS],["AKS74U_DZ","Makarov_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1",["PartGeneric"],[],0,-7500,0,""],

["Bandit -20k -1","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4A3_CCO_EP1","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,-20000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -20k -2","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["m8_sharpshooter","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,-20000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -20k -3","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36A_Camo_DZ","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,-20000,0,""],

["Bandit -40k -1","GUE_Commander_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-40000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -40k -2","GUE_Commander_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36_C_SD_camo","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-40000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -40k -3","GUE_Commander_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-40000,0,""],

["Bandit -100k -1","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4SPR","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -100k -2","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M110_NVG_EP1","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -100k -3","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_DMR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["DMR_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -100k -4","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["100Rnd_762x54_PK",2,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["Pecheneg_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""]
];

1 minute ago, salival said:

It is difficult to get your head around it, but once you do it's pretty easy, here's my config file for normal players:

Hide contents

#define MOZZIE_ITEMS "PartEngine","PartVRotor","PartFueltank"
#define DEPLOY_ITEMS "PartEngine","PartVRotor","PartFueltank","PartGeneric"
#define MED_ITEMS "ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodBag","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage",3,"ItemWaterbottle","FoodPistachio"
#define VIP_TOOLS "ItemToolbox","ItemMap","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","ItemCrowbar","Binocular_Vector","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet","ItemKnife","Itemetool"
#define T1_TOOLS "ItemToolbox","ItemMap","ItemRadio","Binocular","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet","ItemKnife","Itemetool","ItemCrowbar"

class_public = [ // These are visible to anyone on the server

[
        "Random",
        [[    
            "Survivor2_DZ",
            "Haris_Press_EP1_DZ",
            "Rocker1_DZ",
            "Pilot_EP1_DZ",
            "RU_Policeman_DZ",
            "INS_Lopotev_DZ",
            "Worker1_DZ",
            "Functionary1_EP1_DZ",
            "TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ"
         ],
         [
            "BanditW1_DZ",
            "BanditW2_DZ",
            "SurvivorW2_DZ",
            "SurvivorW3_DZ",
            "SurvivorWcombat_DZ",
            "SurvivorWdesert_DZ",
            "SurvivorWpink_DZ",
            "SurvivorWurban_DZ"
          ]
        ],
        ["ItemBandage",3,"ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottle","FoodPistachio"],4,
        ["ItemToolbox","ItemMap","ItemRadio"],3,
        ["M4A1_DZ","AK74_DZ","L85_Holo_DZ","SA58_DZ"],2,
        ["M1911_DZ","Revolver_DZ","M9_DZ"],3,
        ["DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1"], // use [""] for none
        [],4,
        [],2,
        [],2,
        [],3,
    ],
    ["Hero 5k","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M16A2_DZ","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1",["PartGeneric"],[],0,5000,0,""],

["Hero 15k -1","Graves_Light_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4A3_CCO_EP1","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,15000,0,""],
    ["Hero 15k -2","Graves_Light_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["m8_sharpshooter","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,15000,0,""],
    ["Hero 15k -3","Graves_Light_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36A_Camo_DZ","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,15000,0,""],

["Hero 30k -1","Soldier1_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,30000,0,""],
    ["Hero 30k -2","Soldier1_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36_C_SD_camo","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,30000,0,""],
    ["Hero 30k -3","Soldier1_DZ","SurvivorW3_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,30000,0,""],

["Hero 60k -1","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4SPR","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -2","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M110_NVG_EP1","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -3","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_DMR",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["DMR_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -4","Sniper1_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["100Rnd_762x54_PK",2,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["Pecheneg_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],
    ["Hero 60k -5","Rocket_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["100RND_762X51_M240",2,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["m240_scoped_EP1_DZE","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,60000,0,""],

["Bandit -7.5k","Bandit2_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30RND_545x39_AK",3,"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",3,MED_ITEMS],["AKS74U_DZ","Makarov_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1",["PartGeneric"],[],0,-7500,0,""],

["Bandit -20k -1","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4A3_CCO_EP1","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,-20000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -20k -2","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["m8_sharpshooter","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,-20000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -20k -3","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36A_Camo_DZ","M9_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_British_ACU",[MOZZIE_ITEMS],[],0,-20000,0,""],

["Bandit -40k -1","GUE_Commander_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-40000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -40k -2","GUE_Commander_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["G36_C_SD_camo","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-40000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -40k -3","GUE_Commander_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_SB_SCAR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD","M9_SD_DZ",T1_TOOLS],"DZ_GunBag_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-40000,0,""],

["Bandit -100k -1","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M4SPR","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -100k -2","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",3,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["M110_NVG_EP1","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -100k -3","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_DMR",3,"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["DMR_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""],
    ["Bandit -100k -4","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","SurvivorWpink_DZ",["100Rnd_762x54_PK",2,"30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD",3,MED_ITEMS],["Pecheneg_DZ","UZI_SD_EP1",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[DEPLOY_ITEMS],[],0,-100000,0,""]
];

Yeah i do agree at FIRST it seems overly complicated but im sure its set out this way to allow for best compatibility AND adaptability. I read through the documentation and feel that  perhaps a little more indepth explanation on how to set up your classes could have been done. All the same though thanks very much for this Ill probly grab this code and have a test of it later to see how its done...Im one of types of people who learn by doing things by example, so in order for me to learn I have to try something out thats already been done and then expand from that hence using this setup will hopefully help me that bit better to understand the way ESS is set out. Fingers crossed!

10 hours ago, leegreaves said:

Yeah i do agree at FIRST it seems overly complicated but im sure its set out this way to allow for best compatibility AND adaptability. I read through the documentation and feel that  perhaps a little more indepth explanation on how to set up your classes could have been done. All the same though thanks very much for this Ill probly grab this code and have a test of it later to see how its done...Im one of types of people who learn by doing things by example, so in order for me to learn I have to try something out thats already been done and then expand from that hence using this setup will hopefully help me that bit better to understand the way ESS is set out. Fingers crossed!

Nope for some reason couldnt get it to work, and thats by putting the code in both files. Not sure why the selections arent coming up at spawn for me. Im pretty sure ive added the script in correctly as per instructions, but may have to check rpt just in case but i dont think thats the cause as dialog boxes show up when respawning. Just to clarify which file should this be added to, and where abouts in the file or does it need to replace some of the existing code in there?

1 hour ago, JasonTM said:

@leegreaves I made install and config videos for this mod. ESSv3 is extremely configurable so it is very difficult to cover all aspects of it, but the config video explains how it works and how to make your own classes.

Install video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkoweMcrh8g

Configs video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeuSwGgNBzg

Cheers Jason...ill go take a look at them

*EDIT* Hmmmm just sort of watched your first video (installation) and thought id just take a quick look through everything I had followed through. Seems I missed the last step out adding #include "spawn_config.sqf" to the bottom of server_functions on the server side. Lets see what happens now!

Its a good tip for anyone who's having problems to check/double check/TRIPLE check that you havent added something incorrectly OR (in my case) left something out of the installation steps!

Fingers crossed everything should be "fine and dandy" now that i've added that missing part into server functions.

Yep all working now...id missed just that one line out and because of that the class/loadout/spawn selections were not showing.

And I hadnt even checkout the configs video either...id got through the install vid and double checked my install...still gonna check out the config video all the same anyway so that I can customise setups.

@JasonTMCheers jason...maybe link your vids in the OP so that people can go over them as thats how i found the mistake I had made.

• 4 weeks later...

@unconditional

Did you solve problems with empty windows?

@juandayz

Can you help me ?

On a clean epoch server everything works fine when I try to overpoch, essv run but it windows: class select, spawn select etc are empty. 

I skip this esc. Halo jump also does not work, when I click on HALO my character spawn on the ground. 

arma2oaserver.RPT: https://pastebin.com/TMzgXtKU

ArmA2OA.RPT: https://pastebin.com/q2fc4MuP

Thanks for all help.

4 minutes ago, Lysyproboszcz said:

@unconditional

Did you solve problems with empty windows?

@juandayz

Can you help me ?

On a clean epoch server everything works fine when I try to overpoch, essv run but it windows: class select, spawn select etc are empty. 

I skip this esc. Halo jump also does not work, when I click on HALO my character spawn on the ground. 

arma2oaserver.RPT: https://pastebin.com/TMzgXtKU

ArmA2OA.RPT: https://pastebin.com/q2fc4MuP

Thanks for all help.

Judging by your client RPT (thank you for including!) it looks like you're missing the server side spawn_config.sqf install step or your client side config.sqf is broken.

16 minutes ago, salival said:

Judging by your client RPT (thank you for including!) it looks like you're missing the server side spawn_config.sqf install step or your client side config.sqf is broken.

The spawn_config.sqf file is in place in the @DayZ_Overpoch_Server folder. To now I'm not sure if I installed it well because everything I did in the Overpoch folder not epoch. When I installed it to the epoch folder it just did not work.