Chopper spawns

redheart

We're currently playing on the Altis map and I was wondering if anybody knows where copters like to spawn? We checked the hangers at the airport and found a huey-alike in one but we're trying to get a cargo chopper to help ferry stuff and people around. Did we just get bad luck and need to keep checking in every day? Or are there other places they spawn? 

On 12/16/2016 at 2:11 AM, redheart said:

We're currently playing on the Altis map and I was wondering if anybody knows where copters like to spawn? We checked the hangers at the airport and found a huey-alike in one but we're trying to get a cargo chopper to help ferry stuff and people around. Did we just get bad luck and need to keep checking in every day? Or are there other places they spawn? 

find a heli, fly around - find the remaining vehicles. It's that simple!

:D

• 4 months later...

Vehicles overall should be hard to maintain, in Arma 3 I do find it a but weird that you need to find 1 Vehicle Repair Kit and 1 Salvage metal to effectively repair an entire vehicle. I kinda would like to see a sort of decay system to vehicles, but idk how hard that would be too code.

In DZMS I originally had planned to have an option where players would take damage to their tires if they ran over living AI.

I think the issue with that was that getHit wasn't a command yet or something, and I was too inexperienced to figure out what tire to damage.

RPG's solved the issue eventually. Some people did mines and 50 cals instead.

A script that would slowly increase the damage to the vehicle while it was being driven wouldn't be too hard to do. Driving along in a beat up truck and the tire suddenly falling off would be great.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:11 PM, TheVampire said:

In DZMS I originally had planned to have an option where players would take damage to their tires if they ran over living AI.

I think the issue with that was that getHit wasn't a command yet or something, and I was too inexperienced to figure out what tire to damage.

RPG's solved the issue eventually. Some people did mines and 50 cals instead.

A script that would slowly increase the damage to the vehicle while it was being driven wouldn't be too hard to do. Driving along in a beat up truck and the tire suddenly falling off would be great.

There's already a mechanism in place for that. It's called a bush. :)

@Vampire

I wouldn't be surprised if in future updates they make vehicle repairing the same as in Arma 2, I would actually enjoy that more. If you were looking for a way to damage the car you might want to look into how cars take damage from stationary objects, rocks, etc and see what kind of code that it uses. It might be something similar to what you're wanting/looking for.