DZAI on 1.0.6

Grahame

So, it seems to work with one line change in the scripts... will further test tonight when I get home from work but dynamic AI are spawning for me.

One change is required (from the list of function/variable changes for 1.0.6) in DZAI/scripts/setup_autoStaticSpawns.sqf

Change line 17 from:

_ignoredObj = missionNamespace getVariable ["dayz_allowedObjects",[]];

to:

_ignoredObj = missionNamespace getVariable ["DayZ_SafeObjects",[]];

On 12/14/2016 at 4:18 PM, Grahame said:

So, it seems to work with one line change in the scripts... will further test tonight when I get home from work but dynamic AI are spawning for me.

One change is required (from the list of function/variable changes for 1.0.6) in DZAI/scripts/setup_autoStaticSpawns.sqf

Change line 17 from:

to:

What download link you using for DZAI?

On 12/16/2016 at 4:36 AM, Cubitron said:

Dzai works fine but ,they are to easy, they sit in the car and dont attack, sometimes one get out and fire

I've seen this behaviour as well. I'm thinking that this is because the vehicle is locked. The driver gets out but the passengers remain in the vehicle. If you shoot them they are ejected and then start reacting to you.

To test, I'm going to initally change the code to make the vehicles unlocked by changing line 82 in spawnVehiclePatrol.sqf, which currently reads as

_vehicle setVehicleLock "LOCKED";

If this does fix the problem I will probably then be taking the WAI code to generate a key for the vehicle and add it to the driver if anyone would be interested in that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 4:18 PM, Grahame said:

Change line 17 from:

to:

I've done this and its loading without errors. AI in ground vehicles remain stationary. no errors in rpt.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Guess it's not something I did then. So far I've only installed a derivative of DZAI into Epoch Napf 1.0.6. Still have DZMS and WAI to integrate. As noted, the surface vehicle patrols just sit there. If you take a pot shot at them they might wake up, but they don't fight back effectively.  And..... the vehicle with which they spawn sometimes has no relationship to the list of surface patrol vehicles.

FWIW, some of the chopper patrols seem to be stuck, too. 

Is the HQ/Side/Center system changed for 1.0.6?  Or something in a vehicle superclass or something?

Correct. DZAI provides patrols by foot, by air, and by surface vehicle, but no missions.  Christmas, you need to study the contents of your init files, look at the examples, etc.

I'm getting surface vehicles stuck whether they're configured for map-wide random or for marker spawns. The marker based custom spawns appear to wake up more easily, and shoot at things. Sometimes they just sit there and shoot into the air forever...

No one has any ideas about this? Anyone see any Epoch 1.0.6 servers with normally moving bandit surface vics chasing waypoints and shooting at players??

• 3 weeks later...