1.0.6 server fps

lwbuk

Question

Just curious as to see what sort of server fps people are getting with a completely clean 1.0.6 install. 

I've set up a test server with a game host to play about with and surprised to be only getting around 40 with just me online occasionally rising to 45.With another player it drops to about 35-38. 

I'm guessing this is due to all the added default stuff like group and plot management that the clean 1.0.5.1 version didnt have.  I would get a solid 49/50 fps on a game host with those files with just me online. 

Im considering getting a dedi box again, so would be good to see what sort of fps others are getting on both dedi box and game host. 

6 answers to this question

My old 1.0.5.1 server would sit around 2-5 fps with 30-40 people on, which wasnt good. 

Even with 2 hour restarts weird stuff started happening about 1 and a half hours in.

Im hoping with the improvements to the big mods like groups and plot management, the new server should hold up a bit better. 

Ive just bought a new dedi box with a 4ghz 4790k cpu and 32gb ram.

Im getting about 47fps with my extra map addons and a few small mods with just me in game. It might plummet by the time others join, but we'll see. 

Oddly, the server fps increases by 2-3fps when running on just one core rather than two, but the game won't initially load when running on just one core as it maxes out on the initial loading. If I load in with two cores then drop to one, it runs at about 12% and sever fps is a steady 47. 

If i load in on two cores and keep it there, the server fps drops slightly from 47 to about 45. 

I know now all this is irrelevant as once players join it will quickly drop lower, but I just found it interesting.