looter809

Hey guys,

I was wanting to ask what server hosts you guys use and how many players at the high points, just to get a general idea.

Also, more directed to people using SurvivalServers and GTXGaming; how many players do you have on your servers and what kind of FPS does the server (#monitor logged in as admin) get and the average client get when your server is at it's peak of the day.

I personally have used both and been not very satisfied with both so far, and with GTXGaming not updating their servers and other bad customer support issues, I am considering going back to SurvivalServers. SurvivalServers had 30min backups from the last 5 days (250 total backups) and had a faster boot time for the server, meanwhile GTX has a very old style backup system which does one backup per day of the ENTIRE server directory, which I do not find necessary. GTX is more expensive by almost double the cost, which I would suspect means it is more powerful as a server, but I do not know a ton about either server's specs. Only thing I like most about GTX Gaming is that I can choose how often the restarts are, instead of being forced with 2 hour or 4 hour restarts (I like 3 hours).

Just a little survey, thanks!

hey, i just ordered on gtxgaming they have new epoch product with 1.0.6 files maps etc. 

not sure about the dayz aio product they have but this new product has a backup and restore button that you can do backups anytime you want from database and files, and a restore button you can restore any of the backups you made, files or database or both, and it makes that 7 days backups automatically to, so i can restore my server from one of that automatic 7 days or from one of the backups i made.

i have a backup schedule task for every 12 hours, which automatically backups my server and restarts it, more than enough for me, they have all backups offsite and available trough a site, you login on the backup manager page and you can download all backups to your computer or delete them a very nice feature.

i agree that SS its cheaper, but i had an ark server with them control panel is very limited, and why i would want 250 backups of my server lol seems a bit exaggerated, and support is very slow to reply :(

this is my control panel buttons in case you curious http://prntscr.com/dins52

Screenshot_34.png

• 1 month later...

I got fed up with GTX Gaming. They gave me that newer control panel a few days before they released it after I had been telling them I was considering switching hosts because they had my server offline for a week. And although I haven't seen any hackers yet as of 1.0.6, 12 hour back ups are now good enough for me. I like that SS has 30 minute backups, means if anything happens I can revert to 1-30 minutes ago.