1.0.6 stuck on receiving data

carl101

Question

hi guys, iv just opened a server with a host which has been rough upto now starting with the server not installing correctly ect .

got past all that and now sort of getting somewhere except i get stuck on receiving data, i just basically need help to find out if its something i can fix or if i need to wait 6hours minimum for one line replys on the support tickets.

the rpt seems riddled with errors

http://pastebin.com/tQjasdif

any help is appreciated

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, carl101 said:

hi guys, iv just opened a server with a host which has been rough upto now starting with the server not installing correctly ect .

got past all that and now sort of getting somewhere except i get stuck on receiving data, i just basically need help to find out if its something i can fix or if i need to wait 6hours minimum for one line replys on the support tickets.

the rpt seems riddled with errors

http://pastebin.com/tQjasdif

any help is appreciated

Pretty much the same issue and RPT errors on the server I was trying to upgrade. GTX server which really does NOT help (I use Host Havoc for ARMA3, much more flexible but they don't support ARMA2).

Backed out mine to 1.0.5 Overpoch for the moment but really do want to upgrade asap...

That's what I thought. Really disappointed with GTX - only went to them cause they offered ARMA2 servers (cannot afford a dedi and my regular hoster only does ARMA3)... Will probably just run Overpoch until I can find another alternative.

One note here before giving up: I did move aside their 1.0.5 mod folders, uploaded the new ones and got them (allegedly) to install the HiveExt.dll and I upgraded the database remotely.

The thing that got me after that was the CfgVehicles errors. not sure how that could be happening... would love to move to 1.0.6...

Thanks ebaydayz. I just stupidly assumed that GTX must be running the latest ARMA version... I will try the patching since I really want 1.0.6.

The Survivor1_DZ and other CfgVehicles errors in the RPT (like the campfires) were the things that distracted me from the ARMA update. Any chance they are related based on the EOF message really early in the RPT when reading dayzcode.PBO's config.bin?

Cheers,

Grahame

Running outdated ArmA server versions on your dedi will result in some items not functioning if the player's have newer builds. Objects with mismatching may be rendered partially or completely unusable. This is a problem GTX should solve immediately, since the implications of this are not limited to simply not being able to run the update of Epoch.

Yeah, I used to use GTX for my ARMA3 servers, have since moved to another hoster who give me access to all the configs to do as I will.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an equivalent priced hoster for ARMA2 (my ARMA3 hoster does not deal with ARMA2)? I would move in a heartbeat right now. Especially when support tells me that they know that everyone's having a problem, but they "support 1-click" and they are trying to work out how to implement 1.0.6. Jeez, I can implement 1.0.6 in TCAdmin FGS...

Frustrated right now. Been waiting to launch my ARMA2 server with 1.0.6...

On 12/5/2016 at 6:25 PM, Grahame said:

That's what I thought. Really disappointed with GTX - only went to them cause they offered ARMA2 servers (cannot afford a dedi and my regular hoster only does ARMA3)... Will probably just run Overpoch until I can find another alternative.

One note here before giving up: I did move aside their 1.0.5 mod folders, uploaded the new ones and got them (allegedly) to install the HiveExt.dll and I upgraded the database remotely.

The thing that got me after that was the CfgVehicles errors. not sure how that could be happening... would love to move to 1.0.6...

Same problem I had with GTX. I rented my first dayz server from them and within a week I was asking questions they didn't know how to answer. It's like whoever got their "system" setup knew a lot about dayz mod servers and he used the single currency 4.0 build and organized everything well (almost set it and forget it) for them, and then he left I guess? Only they know - All their mods were one-click aka SC4.0 using epochloader and they knew how to install simple stuff like infistar or walking zeds, but when you want to start running an up to date heavily modded server, they're not going to know what to tell you if you need help. Sounds like it's time to rent dedicated hardware and do a fresh install of 1.0.6 and mod it up the way you want it. If they stay on old version of arma/epoch for long (they don't have a choice or they'll have to abandon sc4.0 and start fresh) they're going to have a mess of a pile of servers IMO - not trying to dogpile, just stating my honest opinion/experience I had with GTX when I started doing this back in aug/sept. Take it as you will.