Player connect/disconnect

Franky

Hi all. I have a Dayz Epoch server and been online for little over a month now. Since I opened the server... within DarT I have had a lot of players connect but get disconnected within seconds... almost instantly at times.  This has been going on since I opened the server. There are players that join from time to time and are hanging around but not much of a player base due to players connecting/disconnecting. Funny thing is... I sometimes see a player that had been trying to connect to my server... but can't due to being disconnected instantly... but has successfully joined another server. And the other servers are running the same arma 2 version and mod version. I even tested joining the other servers without issues. I contacted my server provider about this but they are just saying that players are just disconnecting from the server. Thing is... these players don't even make it to the lobby.

Has anyone ever had this issue and if there is any kind of explanation as to why this may be happening?

I appreciate anyones help.

Cheers

Franky

One thing that would cause such behavior would be if your server is running an addon that most players don't have. Have you added anything to the server that required adding an addon or editing your mission.sqm?

Beyond that, seeing a snip from your RPT when one of the players tries to connect, and a snippet from their client RPT would really help expose what the underlying problem is.

• 1 month later...