Epoch 1.0.6 Bugs

schwanzkopfhegel

Hey there,

we have found out that if you place and fill a storage unit (like safes, tents etc.) before a server restart the content will be gone after the next restart.

But, if you wait untill the server has restarted and than place stuff into the storageunit, it will safe the items.

I have tested it with XAMPP and Microsofts MySql-Server.

Any Ideas? Or same Problems? Maybe we can open something like a Bug-Thread here?

Sure.

(as foolish it might sound, sry for that..)

1. start server
  2. connect
  3. build storageunit
  4. place item into it
  5. restart server

repeat steps 1-5 until bug happens..

Its wierd, because it's not always fails. Some Players have reported that (until now) everything is fine, some had the failure. I also had the failure twice since yesterday..

Edit:

To increase your chance of reproducing the bug: Build more than one storageunit..

Correct DLL is supplied, modified date is 8/23/2016, which was when I built it last.

If it's an issue with the new uid calculation then it's probably that the UID is too long, simple modifcaiton will be made. Did you report the issue with RC2, if not please consider doing so prior to release next time...

@Brian Soanes try using _legacyStreamingMethod = true; at the top of the server_monitor.sqf file. Neither should duplicate buildables. I would attempt to replicate on a stock DB, or send me your DB (with door/safe/lockbox codes and such stripped out), since I haven't experienced this bug yet.

Edit: here is the UID calculation code, I thought I worked it out so the code couldn't produce a length longer than acceptable. The key  1006234213292304 is indeed short enough to not cause problems, or rather should be short enough.

//seems max is 19 digits
dayz_objectUID2 = {
    private["_position","_dir","_time" ,"_key"];
	_dir = _this select 0;
	_time = round diag_tickTime;
	if (_time > 99999) then {_time = round(random 99999);}; //prevent overflow if server isn't restarted
	_key = "";
	_position = _this select 1;
	_key = format["%1%2%3%4", round(_time + abs(_position select 0)), round(_dir), round(abs(_position select 1)), _time];
	_key;
};

@ebayDayz I don't think it's the UID length, since I think they were longer in 1.0.5 in some cases and it's an INT64 which can certainly handle more digits (19 max).

to test, I would remove one of the position calculations from the ObjectUID key generation, which would make the string substantially shorter. 

_key = format["%1%2%3", round(_time + abs(_position select 0)), round(_dir), _time];

We released an updated server package, download it here: http://epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php

[Updated] HiveExt.dll and DayZ_Server.pbo with commits: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/40ea519fd326e1242f2f2c49b060b0585a8bb70a and https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch/pull/13/commits/d2f17ef5d051852b99a638c6d77a5311ecfbcd39

[Fixed] Issue with Hive Child 309 that resulted in broken saving of newly built storage object inventory

[Fixed] Possible error with Object Publishing when snap building is disabled

Unfortunately I was unable to replicate duplicated buildables on my test server, so that will remain an issue until we can reproduce it (assuming it affects fresh/vanilla installs)

16 hours ago, icomrade said:

We released an updated server package, download it here: http://epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php

Unfortunately I was unable to replicate duplicated buildables on my test server, so that will remain an issue until we can reproduce it (assuming it affects fresh/vanilla installs)

Nice job, will test that now!

On 12/2/2016 at 10:51 AM, Brian Soanes said:

I've wiped all my doors built before the patch, we couldn't go on with such poor client performance from the duplicates

Fresh server, bases are duplicating garage doors too - did you ever find a fix for this?

5 minutes ago, Brian Soanes said:

No, I just wiped all doors, not had anymore reports of it happening since the wipe.

Ok I told my players to remove the extra doors, we'll see what happens tomorrow. I guess since I have a from-scratch server I need to report that.

6 hours ago, icomrade said:

Can your players provide any additional info on how they might have duplicated?

I will find out tonight, so far it was only one base, wooden, with two wooden locked doors, even the combo locks duplicated - at the time I had only re-added the "axe cop service points" and "A2Epoch Logistic" mods - they started building their base even before the mods were installed. I get details as far how quickly it happened and report back.

I'm also going to setup a fresh server with zero mods (well infistar so I can whip up base parts immediately) on my test server and see if I can duplicate it.

So far so good on the vanilla 1.0.6 test server, I installed bec and let it run like my production server does, restarting every 4 hours, and after 3 reboots still no duplication. I contacted the player who reported duplicate doors and he's going to give me the details when he gets home from work tonight - I will report back with that info here as well as to github.

EDIT: Issue added to github - was messaged back that "they're already looking into it" - sweet.