how do i change what people start with on my server

blake1217

Question

12 answers to this question

or use ESSV2 http://opendayz.net/threads/release-essv2-enhanced-spawn-selection-v2.21547/

• Preview bot shows currently selected skin and primary weapon
  • Configurable random and preset loadouts
  • Restrict by VIP level and humanity level
  • Restrict by individual UID for custom loadouts
  • Specify male and female skins for each class

Spawn Features:

• All maps supported
  • Animated in-game map control shows preview of currently selected spawn
  • Block all spawns within a set distance of a player's bodies (optional)
  • Easy to add or remove spawns
  • Restrict by individual UID for custom bases
  • Optional spawn near my group (requires DZGM)
  • Optional spawn near my plot pole (requires Plot4Life)

Halo Features:

• Optional jump from back seat of plane (type configurable)
  • Altimeter titletext
  • Auto open chute at set height

Yep both of the above options work, or if you want it really simple then just add this code in your init.sqf or epoch config file, just above the epoch events.

Spoiler

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","FoodchickenCooked","ItemSodaSmasht","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov"];
DefaultWeapons = ["Makarov","ItemFlashlight","ItemToolbox","ItemRadio","ItemHatchet_DZE"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
DZE_defaultSkin = [["Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Skin_Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ","Skin_Drake_Light_DZ","Skin_FR_OHara_DZ","Skin_FR_Rodriguez_DZ","Skin_Graves_Light_DZ","Skin_INS_Lopotev_DZ","Skin_INS_Bardak_DZ","Skin_INS_Worker2_DZ","Skin_RU_Policeman_DZ","Skin_Priest_DZ","Skin_Pilot_EP1_DZ","Skin_Rocker3_DZ","Skin_Haris_Press_EP1_DZ"],["Skin_SurvivorWpink_DZ","Skin_SurvivorW2_DZ"]];

7 hours ago, juandayz said:

or use ESSV2 http://opendayz.net/threads/release-essv2-enhanced-spawn-selection-v2.21547/

• Preview bot shows currently selected skin and primary weapon
  • Configurable random and preset loadouts
  • Restrict by individual UID for custom loadouts
  • Specify male and female skins for each class

Spawn Features:

• All maps supported
  • Animated in-game map control shows preview of currently selected spawn
  • Block all spawns within a set distance of a player's bodies (optional)
  • Easy to add or remove spawns
  • Restrict by individual UID for custom bases
  • Optional spawn near my group (requires DZGM)
  • Optional spawn near my plot pole (requires Plot4Life)

Halo Features:

• Optional jump from back seat of plane (type configurable)
  • Altimeter titletext
  • Auto open chute at set height

When i try and use ESS i only get half of the preview bot showing :( from the waist down :( 

And it was a really weird red tint as well :( Maybe i did something wrong.. 

Nox's Custom Loadouts, is that compatible with epoch 1.0.6.2? Are there any battleye script exceptions needed? I have tried it and so far players only spawn with 1 handflare and 2 bandages, nothing from the lists called inside the loadouts.sqf file.

I have now added the if (isServer) then {} encapsulation to the loadouts.sqf to see if this makes a difference. (Busy testing now)

I do have the []execVM "custom/loadouts.sqf" at the bottom of my init.sqf and the file in the custom folder with in my missions folder

Edit : I can confirm this doesnt work either. Only possibility is to move it server side and test again

Edited by Cyrus
update

17 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Nox's Custom Loadouts, is that compatible with epoch 1.0.6.2? Are there any battleye script exceptions needed? I have tried it and so far players only spawn with 1 handflare and 2 bandages, nothing from the lists called inside the loadouts.sqf file.

I have now added the if (isServer) then {} encapsulation to the loadouts.sqf to see if this makes a difference. (Busy testing now)

I do have the []execVM "custom/loadouts.sqf" at the bottom of my init.sqf and the file in the custom folder with in my missions folder

Cyrus, why not use ESSv3 for custom loadouts? You can turn the spawn function off: 

https://github.com/ebayShopper/ESSV3

20 minutes ago, salival said:

Cyrus, why not use ESSv3 for custom loadouts? You can turn the spawn function off: 

https://github.com/ebayShopper/ESSV3

I have used it until recently. ESSV3 is awesome. The only downside is that every player on my server, when they respawn after death the end up 30km off the playable map, regardless if they use ground spawn or halo spawn. I use infistar 1448 if that matters.

2 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

I have used it until recently. ESSV3 is awesome. The only downside is that every player on my server, when they respawn after death the end up 30km off the playable map, regardless if they use ground spawn or halo spawn. I use infistar 1448 if that matters.

Yeah, that's not normal.

You'll be spawning in the debug due to an error.

Please share your client and server RPT logfiles

To find this logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

2 hours ago, salival said:

Yeah, that's not normal.

You'll be spawning in the debug due to an error.

Please share your client and server RPT logfiles

To find this logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

strange part is, because im the only admin on the server i did not have the issue using ESSV3. ill have to ask on of the players quick, there are some online at the moment

Edit link to Dropbox.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fql4fvezdsokyy/RPT.txt?dl=0

ps..i see a file called spawntool.exe not sure if that is legal. But I see it only comes up prior to him joining my server. He first joined 24.01.2018 and would have the issue of spawning off map after this. ESSV3 was already present when he joined the server

Due to playerID's and other safe codes in the Server RPT i will only post some lines where another player died and the logs directly after that. I will share the file directly but not in a public post. 

14:38:43 "P1ayer PID#9(Wurmsous) hit by AI with M24/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:0> from 70 meters in head_hit for 0.319593 damage"
14:38:47 "PLAYER COMBAT LOGGED: Wurmsous([hidden player ID]) at location [4262.19,10927.8,0.00143433]"
14:38:47 "INFO - Player: Wurmsous(UID:[hidden player ID]/CID:250) Status: LOGGED OUT, Location airfield [042044]"
14:38:47 Client: Remote object 9:894 not found
14:38:47 Client: Remote object 9:893 not found
14:38:56 [DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM2.
14:38:56 "INFO - Player: PID#9(Wurmsous)(UID:[hidden player ID]/CID:251) Status: LOGGING IN"
14:38:58 "INFO - Player: PID#9(Wurmsous)(UID:[hidden player ID]/CID:251) Status: LOGIN PUBLISHING, Location Kamenka [020131]"
14:39:08 No owner
14:39:09 No owner
14:39:12 [DZMS]: (DZMSUnitsMajor) 6 AI Spawned, 6 units in mission.
14:39:15 "INFO - Player: Wurmsous(UID:[hidden player ID]/CID:251) Status: CLIENT LOADED & PLAYING"
14:39:16 No owner
14:39:20 No owner
14:39:22 No owner
14:39:25 [DZMS]: (DZMSUnitsMajor) 6 AI Spawned, 12 units in mission.
14:39:27 "INFO: Cannot Sync Character Wurmsous near respawn_west [-18700,25800,0.00149536]. This is normal when relogging or changing clothes."

20:57:06 "INFO: Cannot Sync Character Peace near respawn_west [-18700,25800,0.00149536]. This is normal when relogging or changing clothes."

I think i might know what the problem is. The copy of ESSv3 i downloaded was from epochmod.com and if i compare the files on github to the zip file i have, there are a lot of differences. Im going to download the latest version from github and test again later tonight. 

Saw this in the RPT server side after loading the new version ESSV3 :

15:05:49 "INFO: OnPlayerDisconnect exiting. Player is not in playableUnits. ["76561198133712970","Charlie Chaplin"]"

and still spawning outside the map. Does this have anything have to do location?

Spoiler

class_level1 = ["0","0","0"];
class_level2 = ["0","0","0"];
class_level3 = ["0","0","0"];
class_levelCount = 3; //If you add more class levels then increase this number.
// To give higher level VIPs access to lower level VIP classes uncomment the two lines below:
// class_level1 = class_level1 + class_level2 + class_level3;
// class_level2 = class_level2 + class_level3;

I found this in the variables.sqf from dayz_code.pbo inside @dayz_epoch 

respawn_west_original = getMarkerPos "respawn_west"; //Prevent problems caused by cheaters moving respawn_west marker with setMarkerPos or deleteMarker

switch (toLower worldName) do {
	case "napf";
	case "ruegen";
	case "sauerland" : {dayz_minpos = -1000; dayz_maxpos = 26000;};
	case "tavi" : {dayz_minpos = -26000; dayz_maxpos = 26000;};
	case "chernarus" : {dayz_minpos = -1; dayz_maxpos = 16000;};
	case default {dayz_minpos = -20000; dayz_maxpos = 20000;};
};

which would fall in line with this spawn location from server RPT :

20:57:06 "INFO: Cannot Sync Character Peace near respawn_west [-18700,25800,0.00149536]