@ASG EDITOR UPDATE ( BROKEN)

EagerBeaver

So i found the @ASG editor update on armaholic and umm the items show up while using the editor and building and what not.. But when i go to test in my server and put my buildings and stuff in my server the buildings from @ASG are showing up but the dirt roads are not :( 

I think it could be the class names that they get called.. The roads that are not showing in game are the AS_dirt roads ..  ( these ones as_dirt2_6 etc ..That group of roads .. Not sure why they are not showing.. 

Also does loot spawn in the MASH tent or do i have to rename to Land_MASH instead of MAP_MASH ? 

Cause when i change it to  Land_MASH the tent dont show in game :( 

And i thought all MAP_ instances in editor have to be re-named Land_ so they spawn loot :-\ Or am i wrong lol 

the thing about mods that are not part of epoch, they will most likely not have spawn locations for buildings. You will need to edit your custom loot table if you have one and add locations. How to, i've never done it lol

Here is a example of the loot positions for buildings

class Land_A_FuelStation_Build: IndustrialFuel {
	lootChance = 0.5;
	zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","zZombie_Base","z_teacher","z_suit1","z_suit2"};
	lootPos[] = {{1.88281,-0.879639,-1.57458}};
	lootPosZombie[] = {{-1.75146,-0.942993,-0.699436},{2.14331,0.848145,-0.699585}};
	lootPosSmall[] = {{-1.92578,0.237061,-0.604466},{-1.38672,0.592651,-1.09459}};

as for the roads im not sure. Post here how you call the file and what the file looks like. Will help us eliminate some things if anything...

13 hours ago, theduke said:

the thing about mods that are not part of epoch, they will most likely not have spawn locations for buildings. You will need to edit your custom loot table if you have one and add locations. How to, i've never done it lol

Here is a example of the loot positions for buildings

class Land_A_FuelStation_Build: IndustrialFuel {
	lootChance = 0.5;
	zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","zZombie_Base","z_teacher","z_suit1","z_suit2"};
	lootPos[] = {{1.88281,-0.879639,-1.57458}};
	lootPosZombie[] = {{-1.75146,-0.942993,-0.699436},{2.14331,0.848145,-0.699585}};
	lootPosSmall[] = {{-1.92578,0.237061,-0.604466},{-1.38672,0.592651,-1.09459}};

as for the roads im not sure. Post here how you call the file and what the file looks like. Will help us eliminate some things if anything...

Hey :) 

I understand how to get loot in buildings that dont spwn loot now :) So thats fine..

But my issue still remains with the roads i am trying to place in editor...

@ the moment i am just editing the main takistan mission in DayZ_Epoch_1.Takistan folder in server files because someone found the epoch mission file so i can see all the buildings and traders that where placed for epoch in the arma2 editor :) And move the traders around... So i am not calling it like i would a custom map addition cause i just loads as the main mission file...

Now the roads i am trying to place are called dirt1_6 in the editor and its under the [AS] OA ROADS GROUP... They show in editor but not in game...

1 thing i have noticed is the names in the editor are dirt_6 etc.... But when placed there name in the side bare show as as_dirt_6 etc.... Could it be the naming thats the problem ? Like instead of being named as_dirt_6 etc should it just be dirt_6 etc... 

Here is a link to a pic of 2 of the roads i am trying to place...

https://postimg.org/image/mqd6pj433/

Basically you dont need the ASG EDITOR UPDATE anymore. You can just login into your server press esc and then start the editor from the main menu. I think most of the ASG EDITOR additions are with the epoch addons available. If Im totally wrong just tell me. It is possible that these roads you try to use, are only in the ASG EDITOR UPDATE available for some reason. That means they will not show up if you dont load that EDITOR UPDATE with your server. Search in your rpt for that kind of line: Cannot create non-ai vehicle <classname>  The classname must be the road. That means the vehicle you try to use cannot be found because there is anything with that classname.

1 hour ago, EagerBeaver said:

1 thing i have noticed is the names in the editor are dirt_6 etc.... But when placed there name in the side bare show as as_dirt_6 etc.... Could it be the naming thats the problem ? Like instead of being named as_dirt_6 etc should it just be dirt_6 etc... 

The classname in the sqf is the right classname so as_dirt_6 must be on your server still as_dirt_6

There is another problem with roads. Some ground textures will overlap the road texture. On the editor it will show up but ingame the road is under the groundtextures and did not show up. Try it on different places to be sure.

In your case, I think it is an addon problem. The roads you want to use are not included in the game under that name- You can try to add MAP_ before the road.  MAP_as_dirt_6 That might work.

Edit: The roads you have on your picture, are not included in my editor files. Im pretty sure it is an addon problem. For testing replace your road with that one MAP_mud_0_2000  That should show up.

On 17.11.2016 at 11:27 AM, EagerBeaver said:

Also does loot spawn in the MASH tent or do i have to rename to Land_MASH instead of MAP_MASH ? 

Cause when i change it to  Land_MASH the tent dont show in game :( 

And i thought all MAP_ instances in editor have to be re-named Land_ so they spawn loot :-\ Or am i wrong lol 

For your MASH tent problem. Just leave the name to MASH it is the classname for the loot one here.