Looking for a difficult, old style Epoch server.

TheoM

Hi all,

Its been ages since I played A2 epoch/dayz. I mostly stopped because things were getting to easy. Banking, currency, no item weights, insane base building, high mil loot.

So I'm basically looking for a server that fits a few parameters. Doesn't need to fit them all and any suggestions are welcome. 

1: Cherno is my fav map. But anything with euro like forestry and such is cool.

2: Medium- low loot spawn, I don't want a assault rifle with holo sight within 20 mins

3: High trader cost. I want it to be a struggle to save up to buy my first SUV. Something that takes days, not a few hours of gaming.

4: Its unlikely, but a first person only server would be awesome.

5: Few military spec vehicles. I don@t mind a humvee with 50 if its hard to attain. But no tanks/jets :P

6: none of that spawn a bike BS, or build a heli out of scrap in your bag nonsense.

Basically, I want a server where its hard to survive, and makes it count something when your desperately trying to kill another player. An element of RPG is something I miss in this mod/game.

Hopefully to go along with this, a community that takes this approach. I used to really like Dayz because it reminded me somewhat of chess, each move really counted and there was an element of risk. It wasn't just about fast first person shooter reactions, but trickery and deceit :D

Thanks,

Theo

Hi Theo,

Yep thats exactly what im working on right now, I did notice similar requests lately and i'm in to classic gameplay also, so i started to build servers as such and found a nice fresh community to go with.

server ip:  66.150.214.73:2302

Its still in alpha, i am working on it, but you guys can take a look, it will soon go in beta and its playable .

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my one all suggestions needed only a new data base fairly old school cheranus with few ai missions spawning got building crafting and gold :) welcome crafting kit to build your first log cabin far far away in the woods some where lol

On 11/13/2016 at 2:34 PM, TheoM said:

Hi all,

Its been ages since I played A2 epoch/dayz. I mostly stopped because things were getting to easy. Banking, currency, no item weights, insane base building, high mil loot.

So I'm basically looking for a server that fits a few parameters. Doesn't need to fit them all and any suggestions are welcome. 

1: Cherno is my fav map. But anything with euro like forestry and such is cool.

2: Medium- low loot spawn, I don't want a assault rifle with holo sight within 20 mins

3: High trader cost. I want it to be a struggle to save up to buy my first SUV. Something that takes days, not a few hours of gaming.

4: Its unlikely, but a first person only server would be awesome.

5: Few military spec vehicles. I don@t mind a humvee with 50 if its hard to attain. But no tanks/jets :P

6: none of that spawn a bike BS, or build a heli out of scrap in your bag nonsense.

Basically, I want a server where its hard to survive, and makes it count something when your desperately trying to kill another player. An element of RPG is something I miss in this mod/game.

Hopefully to go along with this, a community that takes this approach. I used to really like Dayz because it reminded me somewhat of chess, each move really counted and there was an element of risk. It wasn't just about fast first person shooter reactions, but trickery and deceit :D

Thanks,

Theo

These servers are easy to find sadly, they're all the empty ones

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys I will have to check out those (empty) servers.

Personally I dont want to play this slow/no zombie sheet.

I dont want to pick a spawn...  I want random spawn...  bicycle is nice but motorbike better (noisey can hear other bikes coming)  :))))  Rather no bicycle at all.

Dunno why these server admins think they have improved the game by editing a core mechanic - bad ass zombies.

Its a real shame...

Rare loot is better...

less turds camping with OP scoped weapons...