Timst

Hello Guy´s

Yesterday I tried to open some p3d files from Epoch to have a look at 3D design of building Parts.

But theres a problem with opening because of MLOD and ODOL.

After a bit of search, I guess now, that I can´t open the file because of the MLOD format, I would need the ODOL Data for openeing, but this Data is only by the creator of the file.

I won´t offend anyone with a question like this, but maybe we can start a comunity-project for buildingparts. I´m sure. Theres way for doing this.

I dont know about the thinking of the development Team about such a project, but maybe they can give us a reply about their opinion.

I´m sorry for being unclear. English is not my first language.

I´m, trying to create buildingparts for the Epochmod (Wooden Stairs, Walls etc.)

But I can´t open the existing files, because of MLOD.

My thinking was, to create a little communityproject ,which is trying to design new and existing buildingparts for the Epochmod

30 minutes ago, Timst said:

I´m, trying to create buildingparts for the Epochmod (Wooden Stairs, Walls etc.)

Wooden staris, walls etc are all objects, so if you examine the samples you can see how objects work, what's needed for different parts etc

Once you understand then you can create your own, you don't need the Epoch objects as the samples are the same thing, same rules apply when creating.

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Once you understand then you can create your own, you don't need the Epoch objects as the samples are the same thing, same rules apply when creating.

So I see that right, that theres no way to open the stairs file for me?

@baal_jayjay me 2, but I if I´m tring to import an Epoch Object, it says that MLOD to ODOL not implemented is

Anything that we released APL-SA can be modified and redistributed provided credits are given (ideally in the same place your own credits are listed) and you should release our modified game mode code and config changes under the same license.

Epoch game mode: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch
Epoch server backend: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/EpochServer
Epoch asset and configs: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/EpochCore 

The models and some other assets that are not APL-SA yet can still be used by simply using @Epoch mod as a dependency in steam workshop along side your own mod/s. As of Epoch 0.4+ I am making changes that will simplify our configs and remove most Epoch game mode related config overrides so that @Epoch mod can become more of a pure modders resource for assets, this way we can have multiple game modes SP or MP that all share the same assets. 

Pending permission from the authors of the models and other assets the plan is to release more and more assets as APL-SA licensed via the github links above with each major update at the same time laying the groundwork for more community contributions. 

That sound really nice

I´m working on my first Object: A armored metal wall

I was a noob, as i began - now i can import my wall into object builder...if i figure out, how objectbuilder works, I can continue to some more Parts.

But It makes no sense for me, to design metal-stairs or something existing, if i can´t open the existing file,

See it as a request. Maybe theres a way to get the stairs file for me?

unnamed.jpg