Quick question Mapp addition/Server Authentication

leegreaves

Question

Just a quick question. I tried to add two map edits to my server (server side) the other day. When connecting It would hang constantly at Authenticating/Retrying to Authenticate. Would anyone know why this is occurring? I know the sqf files for these map edits are correct as ive checked them multiple times to make sure but still get a hang at authenticating. What I did noticed though was after exiting out of the game (using Task Manager as im basically stuck at authentication stage) my servers RPT log mentions about my character having a character id of 0 (zero) - which I obviously havent as I checked my character data in my database and no characters have an id of 0. Now when I revert the changes back prior to these map additions - I am able to connect successfully as usual. Strange Huh?

Only thing I can think of is the way im calling it. In my variables.sqf im calling it as execVM "\path\to\map\file.sqf"; Should I try using "[] execVM" instead and place that line at the bottom of my variables.sqf? Im most likely gonna have a go at trying that but im only asking as all my other map additions (and there are around 10 or 12 of them) are working and get loaded. Another thing is I added a diag_log to the bottom of the sqf file that is causing me problems and the server RPT log showed it as loaded. So my conundrum is this map addon is obviously loading but is somehow causing authentication to hang and has a side effect of causing my character to have a character id of 0 in my database - and yet there is no evidence of any character having an id of 0, and of course when i revert any changes made. everything works fine as should do.

8 answers to this question

some time ago i had the same issue trying to make a new script, at least the problem was a broken dayz_server.pbo.

if u wanna call map addons by server side you can do it  with server_function.sqf

at bottom paste:

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "z\addons\dayz_server\maps\yourmapaddon.sqf";