Arma 2 FPS Problem

ItzWolfyYT

Hello, I love playing the epoch mod for arma 2 but I have one problem. FPS! I have no problem playing any other games with no fps problem. Though when I play games like arma 2 or arma 3 My fps ranges from 10-30 on all low settings. I have talked to server owners ect about the problem and they tell me my cpu is not strong enough to run it. Though I have a 3.90 ghz cpu. I have tried everything from GPU acceleration to 1, lowered render in game and lowered quality but still bad fps. I have heard the engine is not quite optimized. After the dayz standalone update I can run it on max setting no problem, I have been told to get an intel cpu but I dont want to spend a fortune on something so stupid and pointless. Thanks so much - Wolfy

Motherboard:

MSI 970 

Ram:

16 GB Hyper X ddr3

Cpu:

AMD Fx 4130 Quad core 3.90 ghz

HDD:

3TB "Not sure brand ebay got the hook up :D"

GPU:

750 Ti MSI 2gb

GPU2: 

750 Ti Asus 2gb

Fans:

4 Be Quite Fans "With A positive air flow:

PSU:

750w 

tbh its your cpu, arma2 is not optimised at all and only runs on 1 cpu core no matter what you do, it really needs a good FPU in your cpu, while the Amd cpu is a good cpu in arm2 its not the best. Arm2 really needs an i5 or i7 at high ghz to reach high fps (the FPU in these cpus is faster single threaded), seen fps between 70-120 on my server using i7 at 4.5ghz with high gfx settings, even an 8 core FX does not go much above 35fps, while you can tweek your setting and it does help a bit theres not much can be done, try some of the tweeks found online for dayz

On 9/20/2016 at 8:48 PM, Tang0 said:

tbh its your cpu, arma2 is not optimised at all and only runs on 1 cpu core no matter what you do, it really needs a good FPU in your cpu, while the Amd cpu is a good cpu in arm2 its not the best. Arm2 really needs an i5 or i7 at high ghz to reach high fps (the FPU in these cpus is faster single threaded), seen fps between 70-120 on my server using i7 at 4.5ghz with high gfx settings, even an 8 core FX does not go much above 35fps, while you can tweek your setting and it does help a bit theres not much can be done, try some of the tweeks found online for dayz

Can you link me to some cpu's that wont cost an arm and a leg?
$100-$170

hes running a AMD chip, i5 wouldnt fit in his mobo unfortuantely since i5 its intel

the AMD quadcore should work fine. I see people with single core intels run it fine.

a friend of mine has a dual core intel 3ghz processor, the ddr2 days. with a gtx 6800 (old card) and runs the game fine.

Your true bottleneck is the HDD and the GPU. You do have 2 cards in SLI, but they are still 50 series.

i recommend a 60 series and up when building a gaming machine.

And as far as the HDD, solid state is the way to go now.  Run your operating system on the SSD, and use the mechanical drives for storage.

Keep in mind, most people run around 30 FPS on dayz mod servers

difference is the chipset. AMD and Intel are 2 differnet brands.  The processor doesnt fit in the same board.  Its like trying to fit a ferrari engine in the engine bay of a Kia.

Intel can perform much better than AMD under stress and can handle the heat MUCH better. Uses less power consumption also.

• 3 weeks later...