Hello all, I'm totally new to ArmA games and the DayZ Mods.  I played DayZ for a while and loved it but was dissapointed that it was so limited and wasnt getting enough attention in the form of fixes update etc.. I found Frankieonpc youtube videos and really want to play this. 

Do I just need to buy Arma3 or do i need to buy the other Arma content as well?

On 9/18/2016 at 9:37 PM, EthosEvolved said:

Hello all, I'm totally new to ArmA games and the DayZ Mods.  I played DayZ for a while and loved it but was dissapointed that it was so limited and wasnt getting enough attention in the form of fixes update etc.. I found Frankieonpc youtube videos and really want to play this. 

Do I just need to buy Arma3 or do i need to buy the other Arma content as well?

For the 'Frankie' experience you will definitely have to have the base game plus all dlc and the Expansion.

On top of that as Kpabatok says you will require many community made mods to add to the official content, these are mostly freely available to all in the Arma community. You will find it extremely difficult to ever get on that one server due to how it is run; it is locked by a password that is given to only a 'favoured' few in the hosts community. 

Frankie's videos are showcases for that community's current pet projects and are nothing to do with how most servers run or play, they are also exercises in storytelling in Frankie's own small way, so the staging and cinematic cuts add to the story but detract from 'real game play'.

Enjoy Frankie's videos and look for a community run server that suits your needs, this will mean joining several different ones and testing them out for what you like. Hope you enjoy your Arma 3 journey!