[SOLVED] Black screen/spawn inivisible

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

Hello. I am trying to set up an Epoch server on my dedicated box. I have everything set up but when I spawn, I have a black screen. If I put myself in god mode, the black screen goes away but I see I am invisible and at ground level (like a spectator). This leads me to believe this is a database issue. As far as I can tell, I have the database set up properly. Redis is running and I can connect to it via Redis Desktop Manager. The details in redis.conf are the same as the database details in EpochServer.ini. There are no errors being generated in the log file. I am testing a Takistan server and I'm using the included Takistan mission file. I assume that it has spawn points already in it or was I supposed to add that?

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, zhaleks said:

Hello.

Looks like another instance of  redis server already running with the default port bound.

Do you have any services named redis?

Cant bind.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

No. This is the only Redis database running. After I let the black screen just sit there, I eventually got the "Server not ready (Error 02) as seen in this thread:

However, nothing in that thread helped me resolve this.

When I try using that command, it says FIND: Peramter format not correct. Doing "netstat -a" does not show port 6379 in use. I also tried changing the port for Redis but I got the same result. I should also note that the error I previously posted does not appear anymore. All I get in the  log at this point is this:

[1172] 27 Jul 13:08:01.087 # Server started, Redis version 2.8.2400
[1172] 27 Jul 13:08:01.087 * The server is now ready to accept connections on port 6379

No indications of anything wrong.

What say the Arma Logs? On first Start up, vehicles should spawn in. In 2nd Start up, Vehicles should load in.

If you connect to redis, are there already vehicles in the DB?

If so, the DB should be OK.

Have you added the @epoch and @epochhive folder?

Startparameter?