Epoch 0.3.9 - which mods work with it?

AltisTales

Hi everyone

After a long absence from Epoch (it was missed!), we are reopening an Epoch server, in fact it's just come online today. 

I'm not the technical admin of it, but our server guru who is has said that many of the mods that used to work don't anymore, or haven't been updated in months.

Does anyone have a list of the currently supported and up to date mods that we could pick and choose from, to customise the server a bit?

Thanks very much. Good to be back in Epoch! :)

P.S. Is there any way of changing your profile name, our community is called "Element 83 Gaming" instead of Altis Tales now. Thank you!

Thanks very much! :biggrin:

Can I request a name change then please to Element 83 or Element 83 Gaming. Thanks very much.

Ironically, that was a by the way thing, for anyone reading, I'd still be interested to know if there are any mods that still work with Epoch 0.3.9

Thanks. :smile:

Ah, yeah, good idea, thanks!

We have CUP in and Ryans zombies will be going in but isn't there yet.

A HUD script would be handy. Our tech admin did try one we used to use, but that seems to be bugged now.

We'd like our logo branding in the corner if possible.

AI missions / patrols would be really welcomed by our long-term players if that's possible to work these days.

I'm not sure what else to be honest, depends what works I suppose!

Thanks. :)

21 hours ago, TheStainlessSteelRat said:

I think your best bet is to look through this section as you should find the status bar or hud display in there, plus various mission systems and maybe details as how to add logos etc. 

Ah ha! Just what I need, thanks very much for linking to those, that's really handy! :D

11 hours ago, Donnovan said:

I'm also coming back to Epoch, and hope to release nice scripts.

Good to hear Donnovan, I do hope people haven't given up on Epoch, it's our favourite mod!

What's made you decide to come back to Epoch?

Welcome back to Epoch! I can confirm from personal experience that CUP, RHS, Massi and Ryan's Zombies mods all work perfectly with Epoch, as do A3EAI, AdvancedTowing, AdvancedSlingLoading (albeit with a problem with CUP helos) and AdvancedRappelling as far as server side mods go.

Scripts/Mission systems that I can confirm work well are BlckEagl's, WAI, SEM (including convoy missions) - and I've seen that VEMF and FMS work too, @Halvhjearne's HSTrader, Repair and Reammo Service Points, HALO Spawn & Gear Selection, Kill Messages (mostly) and LootSpawner, DayZ Style Helo Crash Sites, TraderATMs, Indestructible Bases, CMEarplugs, Extended Safe Zones with Vehicle Protection (mostly), both Civilian and Enemy Occupation Syatems and Custom Billboards. What else would you need? :wink:

AltisTales,

I tried to join the Exile Team but they was closed for new crew. I had some traumatic feedback about my work here, from persons of the Exile group, may be to never try to join then again.

I started a very unambitious mod (www.brpvp.com.br) and i believe it's going really well.

I never understood what happened, may be i will never understand and really don't want to understand, but i'm happy to be back here and to not have became part of the Exile community.

Welcome back!

Well, to be honest, the Exile code looks straight forward compared to Epoch, but the behavior there is immature. My opinion and my personal reason to stay here.

Could you explain your mod a bit?

I mean spanish/portuguese isnt my first language and it looks interesting :wink:

Has it something to do with drink and shoot?

I'm creating it alone, with some help from friends, but they don't have much patience to this delelopment thing. The people i know that like to develop is stuck in Arma 2 still. I try to make it original, and no complicated. I will get some end of week to translate the page and mod text.

Hi everyone

Thanks again for your posts. Grahame, thank you for posting that list, that's exactly what we're needing at the moment!

We have tried with the zombies mod, the one already built into Epoch. For some reason it's crashing the server with a memory dump, no idea what's going on with that, but it's crashing clients at the same time so we've had to turn it off for now. Has that happened to you, or anyone else before, is there a fix for it? 

I'll certainly look up the other scripts you've recommended as well! 

Donnovan, sorry to hear you've had trouble. We've found the Exile team to be...difficult as well. We quite clearly remember early in the release when everyone was clamouring for a new update to fix some game breaking bugs and that evening, on stream, they decided it was far more important to add sticky bombs to the features list as someone asked for it live on stream...hundreds of people were waiting for a patch, but nope, they had to do that on the spot. It never materialised either! You're probably best off out of it imo, it seems a bit of a toxic community in general.