Epoch "Ryan" Zombie Feedback

vbawol

17 hours ago, Grahame said:

Wait, with the original setup they attack each other again... They did in the early days but not for months for me...

We need to talk :)

Cheers,

Grahame

AI soldiers attacked zombies before me actually. I've seen it on one server, it was my first encounter with AI's

On 9/17/2016 at 6:23 PM, Grahame said:

Wait, with the original setup they attack each other again... They did in the early days but not for months for me...

We need to talk :)

Cheers,

Grahame

Yeah, it would be nice if the epoch Zs would do the same.

Do you know where to find zombie side in the epoch files?

Is it possible they're set to civil?

I also have the Jurassic Raptor mod running and sometimes the raptors will attack and feed on the zombies.

Thx for zombies great work,  Scared seven shades of shit out of my daughter with Zed's coming out of the ground,  it was a master card moment

Question -

Can I/should I Reducing the zombie sounds with a min and max volume over distance with a custom CfgSounds , like in the example below! ( the kids play with the headset off now)

example

class CfgSounds
{
   sounds[] = {zombie1};    

class zomb1
    {
        name = "zombie1";
        sound[] = {"\sounds\zombie1.ogg", 0.4 , 0.8, 150}; // min vol 0.4 , max vol 0.8 , max distance 150};
        titles[] = {};
    };

};

I love them coming out of a floor in a house btw.

17 hours ago, Hux said:

Yeah, it would be nice if the epoch Zs would do the same.

Do you know where to find zombie side in the epoch files?

Is it possible they're set to civil?

I also have the Jurassic Raptor mod running and sometimes the raptors will attack and feed on the zombies.

Got to look at this again. At one point I did have infected set as CIV on EpochZ then they started attacking each other - ended up with people entering towns full of dead zombies.

In the very early days I had interaction between infected and AI, but you can't have the infected activated by AI otherwise server FPS will be in the toilet with all the roaming AI battling zombies all over the map. 

I'll have a play on the Tanoa server and see what can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys I have my A3 Epoch server up and running Chernarus I have enabled the mod as it comes named "@Ryanzombies" So far no zombies are spawning in to the map. I see above in this thread the mod if referred to as "@Zombies & Demons"  I tried to re name it but that didn't seem to work either, I have the latest build (570) and I am using -  Zombies & Demons V4.6

Thanks for any assistance

Did you add Zombies and Demons Module to your mission.sqm?

addons[]=
{
    "A3_epoch_config",
    "A3_Modules_F_Curator_Curator",
    "a3_map_altis",
    "Ryanzombies" <--- add this line!
};

do you see it is loading in your server log arma3/sc/port2302_xxxxx.log

0:01:46                            Ryan's Zombies & Demons |         @ryanzombies |      false |             GAME DIR | 9439c7ffe34403657997eac04e10bb889d81d3c6 |  ff6bd66c | /home/steam/arma3/@ryanzombies
 0:01:46                                  Epoch Mod 0.3.9.0 |               @epoch |      false |             GAME DIR | 3d1f39b88a8e6787230554a055f5756f887097b2 |  cf2004b8 | /home/steam/arma3/@epoch
 0:01:46                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           |
 0:01:46                                        Arma 3 Apex |            expansion |       true |             GAME DIR | ec40f8295ae63a8b823ae3fb2700b9118ff69072 |  231d7bbe | /home/steam/arma3/expansion
 0:01:46                                    Arma 3 Marksmen |                 mark |       true |             GAME DIR | a6ae777fb084f739dbdc84cb8a58c864e8fd5ad0 |  f71c9869 | /home/steam/arma3/mark
 0:01:46                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | 5b05f65505b7a14ab34754fd014590de8a287023 |  e55c01d5 | /home/steam/arma3/heli
 0:01:46                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | 18cd569ec6fa46f3db80faf3aa51a852874b2028 |  4a0232e1 | /home/steam/arma3/kart
 0:01:46                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | 20a9850c01e340b360399c169fc3bb1cb8bf4dc7 |  ee9ab146 | /home/steam/arma3/curator
 0:01:46                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           |
 0:01:46                                             @a3eai |               @a3eai |      false |             GAME DIR | da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 |  11fdd19c | /home/steam/arma3/@a3eai
 0:01:46                                         @epochhive |           @epochhive |      false |             GAME DIR | da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 |  11fdd19c | /home/steam/arma3/@epochhive

I love the Zombies Mod. I added a Zombie Invasion Town on my map with 2 Zombie spawns accumulating to 2000 Zombies max, thats so nice :)

So I finally saw some zombies after playing on the server for an hour or so.  I've waited longer for cloaks.

Can someone please help me translate this intentionally (?) obscure direction from the mod developer?

Zombie stength and abilities can be easily customised. These features are off by default and are only enabled if the appropriate module is placed.

WTF?  Is the documentation on how to customize hidden somewhere?  Cracking open the PBO does not seem to be an option in this case as the PBO is signed.  Where are people who wish to customize the mod looking for information on how to customize?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have a problem with the zombies and demons mod

i have Epoch on my Server (based on Linux) 

and the mod works fine zombies spawning and attackin and so on 

but if someone shoot the zombies the server crash instandly and restarts ..

any idea? 

in log i see this

16:43:05 No speaker given for Dimitris Elias
16:43:05 No speaker given for Takis Petridis
16:43:17 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack2.ogg'
16:43:20 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack2.ogg'
16:43:21 "DEBUG: _event PlantSpawner"
16:43:24 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack4.ogg'
16:43:33 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack2.ogg'
16:43:37 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack1.ogg'
16:43:41 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack5.ogg'
16:43:44 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack4.ogg'
16:43:47 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack2.ogg'
16:43:51 Cannot load sound 'ryanzombies\sounds\attack5.ogg'
16:44:06 [ZCP]: Waiting for 6 players to be online.
16:45:43 "[A3EAI Monitor] [Uptime:00:15:36][FPS:50][Groups:4/4][Respawn:0][HC:false]"
16:45:43 "[A3EAI Monitor] [Static:1][Dynamic:0][Random:13][Air:1][Land:2][UAV:0][UGV:0]"
16:46:32 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
16:46:32 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
WATCHDOG (3699): [Fri Oct 14 16:46:47 CEST 2016] Server died, waiting to restart...
WATCHDOG (3699): [Fri Oct 14 16:46:52 CEST 2016] Starting server (port 2402)...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10.07.2016 at 3:57 PM, vbawol said:
  1. Install Ryan's Zombies and Demons mod on your server and enable it along side epoch. You can use this batch file along with steamcmd to install: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Tools/Install/InstallRyanZombies.cmd

-mod="@Epoch;@Zombies and Demons;"

2. Edit the line that says: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/CfgEpochClient.hpp#L37  *not needed as of build 570

ryanZombiesEnabled = false;
    to say true:

ryanZombiesEnabled = true;
  3. Add the CfgPatches class for Ryans Zombies to your mission.sqm: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/mpmissions/epoch.Tanoa/mission.sqm#L22-L25 like this:

addons[]=
    {
    	"A3_epoch_config",
    	"Ryanzombies"
    };

4. Repack your mission pbo, and upload to server.

Zombies just don't appear. I did everything right. What could be the reason?

you have

try

-mod=@Epoch;@Zombies_and_Demons;

don't forget to rename the mod folder to @Zombies_and_Demons, note the underscores -  read on a forum (don't remember where) space between words can cause issues

as for the "" I have never needed  to use that method.

cheers

natoed

12 hours ago, natoed said:

you have

try

-mod=@Epoch;@Zombies_and_Demons;

don't forget to rename the mod folder to @Zombies_and_Demons, note the underscores -  read on a forum (don't remember where) space between words can cause issues

as for the "" I have never needed  to use that method.

cheers

natoed

Mod I have connects fine. It is connected and working. This can be seen on the server and in rpt. But they do not appear. And it's weird. I can show example of the mission and configuration files.

can you pastebin your CfgEpochClient.hpp located in your missionfile\epoch_config\Configs

also your CfgMainTable.h located in @epochhive\addons\epoch_server_settings\configs

sounds like something may have been turned off so to speak, what have you edited!

start arma3server.exe -mod=@Epoch;@RyanZombies;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSSAF -serverMod=@EpochHive -port=2317

class Mission
{
    addOns[] = 
    {
    "A3_epoch_config",
    "a3_map_altis",
    "Ryanzombies"
    };

ryanZombiesEnabled = "true";

Here are my settings. And it's still not working.

fuck it was right infront of me and I missed it

start arma3server.exe -mod=@Epoch;@RyanZombies;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSSAF -serverMod=@EpochHive -port=2317 

try this hey

start arma3server.exe -mod=@Epoch;@RyanZombies;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSSAF; -serverMod=@EpochHive;@RyanZombies; -port=2317 

as stated in the first post

You must have Ryan's Zombies and Demons mod mod enabled on both server and client.

• 8 months later...

Could someone translate this to the updated Epoch version, these are no longer valid. Trying to find what other Zombie classes are available to use.

We are only using the Slow type animation set for the zombies right now. However, additional zombie animation types are available: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/EpochCore/blob/experimental/Sources/a3_epoch_configs/Configs/CfgVehicles/Antagonists.hpp#L784-L1003 (Slow,Crawler, Spider, Boss, Walker,Medium) the spawning classes are setup here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/CfgEpochClient.hpp#L176

I have played a bit with the Zombies a while ago and a good setting was:

zeds[] = {
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_C",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_Sp",
//		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_B","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_B","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_B","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_B","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_B",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_W",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_S",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_M","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_M","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_M","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_M","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_M",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_C","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_C",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_Sp","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_Sp",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_W","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_W",
		"EPOCH_RyanZombie_1_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_2_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_3_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_4_S","EPOCH_RyanZombie_5_S"
	};

I have not used the _B classes, as they are really too fast and I have used the _M class only once in this array (all others twice), because they also are fast and should not pop up too often.

Currently we are only working on the next Hotfix and don't want to add much more. After the release of the Hotfix, we can add it and test a bit more (BE-Filters for example)

ok thanks, what about this too from CfgEpochClient.hpp

Does this mean antagonist chance will always be this type of zombie "EPOCH_RyanZombie_1"?

also with AntagonistSpawnIndex, does this mean allow only 12 of that kind of zombie again "EPOCH_RyanZombie_1"?

Do all types of zombie classes spawn even if these say EPOCH_RyanZombie_1?

antagonistChances[] = {
        // {"type", chance}
        "Epoch_Cloak_F",0.06,
        "GreatWhite_F",0,
        "Epoch_Sapper_F",0.12,
        "Epoch_SapperG_F",0.06,
        "Epoch_SapperB_F",0.03,
        "I_UAV_01_F",0.06, //default 0.12
        "PHANTOM",0.03,
        "B_Heli_Transport_01_F",0,
        "EPOCH_RyanZombie_1",0.16, //default 0.12
        "I_Soldier_EPOCH",0