New Zombies not spawning ?

defused

Hello guys!

Updated my server to last 0.3.9 565 and im loading ryan zombies on start file but can't find any zombies spawned in the map after 30 minutes running on Kavala or Neochori.

According to instructions should be easy: 

Zombies! Simply enable Ryan's Zombies and Demons mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277 along side @Epoch Mod to get custom Epoch Zombie AI. *

My start line:

arma3server.exe -ip=***** -port=2302 -servermod=@EpochHive; -mod=@Epoch;@Ryanzombies; -profiles=Arma3Config -name=Arma3Config -config=Arma3Config\config.cfg -cfg=Arma3Config\basic.cfg

Can't find any zombies around, plus loot it's more rare on this release or just me missing something ?

Thanks

Nop, still don't see any zombies, changed to true and after 20 minutes on Kavala by foot or driving i can't find zombies, tried night and day time just in case.

Does the zombies require any minimum players to start spawn or what ?

ryanZombiesEnabled = true; // disabled by default

I even changed my start line order according to recommended start line example order just in case, but nothing.

arma3server.exe -mod=@Epoch;@Ryanzombies; -servermod=@EpochHive; -config=Arma3Config\config.cfg -ip=****** -port=2302 -profiles=Arma3Config -cfg=Arma3Config\arma3.cfg -name=Arma3Config

On RPT log i find this, and they seem to be loading but nothing, not sure if broken or im still missing something.

21:31:10 "Epoch: Ryanzombies detected"

Hello @defused!

if you see "Epoch: Ryanzombies detected" on both client and server you should be good.

Zombies will tend to have a higher rate of spawn versus normal Epoch AI and when they do spawn you get a horde of 12. @axeman and I will be refining the zombie implimentation so please report back on your experiences with the zeds. :smile:

Hello @vbawol

Thank you for the reply, seems client side it's detecting zombies to.

21:14:20 "Epoch: Ryanzombies detected"

So zombies are random is that it ? They can spawn or not if you came across a city ? Anything that triggers them ? Till now was not able to trigger them, but im just alone on a test server. I saw already a couple sappers but not zombies which is strange if they have a bigger spawn ratio.

Day 10#

Still no zombies, lol

Im with the 566 update and i can see this on my rpt log, says ryanzombies are detected but i never find any zombies, are they afraid of me or what ? 

I also see that unable to get epochserver.dll error but all in place and redis is saving stuff with no problems, could be the reason of zombies not spawning or what ?

15:28:54 "Epoch: Ryanzombies detected"
15:28:54 "Epoch: Starting ArmA3 Epoch Server, Version 0.3.9.0"
15:28:54 Unable to get file version size: C:\TCAFiles\Users\geoffroyG\23021\@EpochHive\epochserver.dll
15:28:54 "Epoch: Init Variables"
15:28:54 "Loading config..."

Might be u been moving to fast trhu the terrain and by that missed the happy gathering of the zombie club

I had seen them occasionally but with some dashing running movements (or just getting in the car) i seem to lost them 

So 1 time i did try to get some friendly suggestions wich they answerd with a growl and slapping attack , ofcourse i did that after i respawned as a new me 

Else i had shot them on sight :huh:

On 7/9/2016 at 2:38 PM, defused said:

Hello guys!

Updated my server to last 0.3.9 565 and im loading ryan zombies on start file but can't find any zombies spawned in the map after 30 minutes running on Kavala or Neochori.

According to instructions should be easy: 

My start line:

arma3server.exe -ip=***** -port=2302 -servermod=@EpochHive; -mod=@Epoch;@Ryanzombies; -profiles=Arma3Config -name=Arma3Config -config=Arma3Config\config.cfg -cfg=Arma3Config\basic.cfg

Can't find any zombies around, plus loot it's more rare on this release or just me missing something ?

Thanks

Like OP, I'm also not finding zeds on our server.  Clean install, followed instructions, shows detection in logs...but no dead heads to hug. =(

U did  this from the 3th comment

Coz they do spawn but more like the sapper/uav do , not always but on a regular basis

And if u move quickly out of a area town/village i may be u just missed the party club

Hey defused, this may not apply to you...but what seemed to fix on my end, I noticed BEServer.cfg wasn't setup properly.   As soon as I got the settings in as they should have been, voila...zeds!  Loot also started to spawn more regularly.  It's the only thing I changed and seemed to turn on the magic.