BEC no valid response.

lwbuk

Question

Hey all, got a pretty odd and serious issue. 

About 4 times now, during the middle of a session, BEC will spam "no valid response- trying to reconnect". 

The game server is still running and each individual can carry on playing the game, but nothing is being saved and each player can't see any other players actions if that makes sense.  It's very weird  

Basiclly bec is screwing something up and doesn't appear to get fixed without restarting the entire dedi box.  Even closing the arma server window and Bec, then using my restart Bat doesn't  always fix it, I have to fully restart Windows on the dedi box. 

An  even odder thing is, it just happened on one of my servers, but the other was fine. The main server had 20 ish people and I was also playing. I could tell something was wrong as dart lost connection on the main server, yet was fine on the other server.  I checked on the dedi box and sure enough, Bec was spamming the message on the main server , yet I could still run around and was still being attacked by zombies, but no side chat was coming through and every other player was frozen.  For them, they could still run around and every other player was frozen. 

Something is crashing or something and it's pretty much ruining my server as people get pissed off and leave, but I just don't know what's happening or why. 

Anyone had a similar issue?

This isn't the usual Bec isn't working post, it has been working fine for 6 months, only in the last few weeks has this started happening. 

1 answer to this question