"Include file x\addons\a3_epoch_code\System\init.sqf not found"

Havel_The_Metal

Question

I receive the error "Include file x\addons\a3_epoch_code\System\init.sqf not found" after Arma 3 crashes while trying to join my own lan server. I have see on server tutorial videos that this is a common issue but not on the forums, I've seen people say that something is outdated but I Downloaded the latest server from the official epoch website version 1.58 and the epoch mod from armaholic I also have the steam version but don't know how to create the server with using the steam version as it puts the epoch content in the workshop folder in steam. I also have the error that comes up when putting in my server password which is "Script epoch_code\system\dummy.sqf not found" somebody said on a forum that its case sensitive so you have to change the file name to that of the error message so in my files it would read "epoch_code\System\dummy.sqf" and I would have to change the S in System to a lowercase and it should work and I did this but unfortunately didn't test to see if that solved the issue before solving the next issue which was the crash and the error message "Include file x\addons\a3_epoch_code\System\init.sqf not found". I tried all sorts of things and messed quite a bit up in the process Some files were different from the steam version and the manual armaholic version so I replaced the manual instal the @Epoch folder with the contents of the steam workshop install and just ended up having to redownload 10 gigs of arma 3 (I probs accidently mixed epoch addons with Arma 3 addons, i have been at this for quite some time and have been trying everything I can thinks of im even trying things that i think of while typing this post) the video i followed was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYuhF2u1Ecs I have read all the comments of the video and came accross the possible fix of the links he gave for the server files are outdated I downloaded the new ones from the epoch website I have unzipped the zip file using winwar and put the contents of the file "server_install_pack" in my arma 3 folder and to my knowledge everything looks like it went to the right places the mpmissions were put in the folder. Im also using a server tool TADST v3. The things that I believe could be going wrong are PBO files which I have manager and cpbo. in video i see the icon being a red booklet with PBO on it but my icons for PBO files are of internet explorer I read something about double clicking on it but it doesn't do anything when I click on open in the internet explorer thing for PBO files. If you need anymore information ask but I live in japan so response times may be akward my placement in japan is also a huge part on why im setting up my own server since my lowest ping to a server has been 330 or so but most are around 600 ping.

3 answers to this question

There were a few updates to 0.3.8.0 that may not be on armaholic. I would use steam to download Epoch. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421839251 . Copy the @Epoch folder from your Arma 3 game !workshop directory to your server directory. That way you know your server and client have the same version. Don't forget to copy the server key to the keys folder of your Arma 3 epoch server directory.

Or this way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uSVKKx139g&feature=youtu.be

Now I Did all this i think properly and for some reason that youtube video is private and i cant watch it and also the two errors im recieving I see them in the files one I can only see through the PBO manager and just in files but dont know why they cant be found do I need to change the itit.sqf and dummy file with text editor or something like that