How to setup a dedicated server with new arma 3

gdubmx

Hey guys,  total noob and huge epoch fan here. I've tried to follow the 2014 epoch server setup guide but have ran into some difficultys.

Basically I've followed all the steps but when I test the direct connection feature in game if never finds my server.

Is there a new guide on how to achieve this?  I simply wanna run my own server to play single player on with the alaska terrain.  Really appreciate the help and sorry if this is in the wrong section.  Thanks guys. 

Hey man,  thanks for the reply.  I'm at work right now so I can't get to it.  Haha pardon me for being inept but what is and where can I find this? This was the guide I followed exactly.

Obviously with the new arma update you don't have remote in the internet option now only direct connect. 

Ok so Axeman, i think i'll wait for you to finish your guide mate. Im having lots of issues with getting this setup.

currently i have a mish mash of a youtube video (very sketchy), the old wiki i previously linked. and some old forum thread. 

Plus all my server files are randomly named inside them and everything is just messy and incorrect. 

I'll wait for you and hopefully we can get some clean config files setup and get a nice single player server going for me here at home. 

Really appreciate the help Axeman,

• 8 months later...