Trader menu suggestions

raymix

Hey folks

I'm currently working on 3 other smaller-ish projects, but before I get to the new trader menu revamp, which is quite large project, I'd like to hear what you guys actually want in it. Any idea is worth considering.
Please tell me about the stuff you like or dislike in current system, too.

Thank you

Distinct and clear categories. Rifles; pistols; lmg; snipers and their corresponding ammo are clear distinct filters in trade menu. Of course this should be same for food and drink; being separate from building materials and crafted building items; with ore and metals and gems also being discrete filters as well.

The design of the UI in my opinion works, it is the functionality of it that needs major overhaul with a clearer filter system as discussed above, but know that with the work you have already done in overhauling other parts of UI that it will be an improvement.

Also need a better way of managing Trader inventory. Epoch traders need some form of unlimited stock function for items sold to them as often players are left abandoning items scavenged as the trader is fully stocked.

This should not mean that traders should have unlimited selling stock. The cap of 100 say could stay for that and as people buy it can decrease, but as others sell back to trader the limit may show 100 but the player is not barred from selling to trader, but takes a price cut to sell on this item.

I hope that this would stop the proliferation of 'Black Market Traders' that server providers often feel the need to add to compensate for this weakness in the Epoch economy.

So the more a trader has of something the less he pays for it, and of course the less he sells it for as it is overstocked. This would also mean that traders would pay more for an item out of stock and charge more for an item in low stock. This fits a more supply and demand model of economics than simple bartering, but bartering could still be done between players.

6 hours ago, TheStainlessSteelRat said:

So the more a trader has of something the less he pays for it, and of course the less he sells it for as it is overstocked. This would also mean that traders would pay more for an item out of stock and charge more for an item in low stock. This fits a more supply and demand model of economics than simple bartering, but bartering could still be done between players.

I like the way you think, I'll need to discuss the economy with lads over TS at some point.

• 1 month later...

Just want to thank all suggestions both on github and forum (@TheStainlessSteelRat)

I've pretty much summed up all feature requests and am working on a new Trader menu. From this point on major feature requests could be considered, but will most likely be ignored. Any other suggestions about current state are welcome ofc.

The menu will support searching, sorting (alphabet and price) and categories as well as display full info about items and buy/sell prices. One of major features will be selling nearby items (thrown on a ground) and selling stuff from your vehicle (unlocked).
Left mouse = select
Right mouse = put single item in transaction log
Double click = opens quantity slider/editor to set quantity of items to buy/sell.
Transaction log (bottom left LB) is a log of trade actions and can be edited (double click to set new quantity and right click to remove log entry).
Pressing trade button will make menu go through transaction log and proceed with trade sequence.
Menu and log will be constantly updated if nearby player also purchases item from the same trader.

CfgPricing has been reworked, keep this in mind if you run custom prices. It now supports few hardcoded major categories and unlimited subcategories (like consumables, crafting, medical, etc). Server admins and community mods can create their own categories fully localised in their own language and custom pictures.

Some items will also show positive and negative effects (like alcohol adding stamina, but increasing drunk effect).

Traders will be revamped slightly and players will be able to sell items even when stock reaches maximum (at severely lowered prices). Traders will also have an extra array set server side to indicate what categories this trader deals with (similar to dayz epoch). Althought this part is still being discussed, so it's subject to change.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/Vc6mU
Screenshot#2: http://imgur.com/a/T2t82

The menu itself has some animations, but in terms of colors it's just a prototype with a lot of placeholders.

22 hours ago, raymix said:

Just want to thank all suggestions both on github and forum (@TheStainlessSteelRat)

I've pretty much summed up all feature requests and am working on a new Trader menu. From this point on major feature requests could be considered, but will most likely be ignored. Any other suggestions about current state are welcome ofc.

The menu will support searching, sorting (alphabet and price) and categories as well as display full info about items and buy/sell prices. One of major features will be selling nearby items (thrown on a ground) and selling stuff from your vehicle (unlocked).
Left mouse = select
Right mouse = put single item in transaction log
Double click = opens quantity slider/editor to set quantity of items to buy/sell.
Transaction log (bottom left LB) is a log of trade actions and can be edited (double click to set new quantity and right click to remove log entry).
Pressing trade button will make menu go through transaction log and proceed with trade sequence.
Menu and log will be constantly updated if nearby player also purchases item from the same trader.

CfgPricing has been reworked, keep this in mind if you run custom prices. It now supports few hardcoded major categories and unlimited subcategories (like consumables, crafting, medical, etc). Server admins and community mods can create their own categories fully localised in their own language and custom pictures.

Some items will also show positive and negative effects (like alcohol adding stamina, but increasing drunk effect).

Traders will be revamped slightly and players will be able to sell items even when stock reaches maximum (at severely lowered prices). Traders will also have an extra array set server side to indicate what categories this trader deals with (similar to dayz epoch). Althought this part is still being discussed, so it's subject to change.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/Vc6mU
Screenshot#2: http://imgur.com/a/T2t82

The menu itself has some animations, but in terms of colors it's just a prototype with a lot of placeholders.

Please do not forget ability to selling everything that is in a car, for example. Unless there are some hidden issues with this feature. :) That would be great. Because selling individual items won't do it, in my opinion.

21 hours ago, rvg?! said:

This looks really promising and will be a big step forward and finally a reason to remove the blackmarket,

Keep up the good work!

but black market UI is pain in the ass. I always mixed up options of selling and buying items as they were never clearly shown. And finding stuff and going through all the tree list is time consuming and annoying.

10 minutes ago, KPABATOK said:

but black market UI is pain in the ass. I always mixed up options of selling and buying items as they were never clearly shown. And finding stuff and going through all the tree list is time consuming and annoying.

... and still better than nothing ;)

Because the Trader flood with e.g. electronic components is just annoying.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:59 PM, TheStainlessSteelRat said:

Could i ask for this topic to be moved to general discussion I think it has got lost here in scripting, I can't be the only one with ideas or suggestions!

True, only just saw it today, :)

Sounds great, look forward to the changes.

Hey guys, yup there's a ton of categories added (and more can be added/edited by admins) via config. Traders are given array of categories they are allowed to sell for example: ["Consumables", "Medical", "Air2", "Explosives"]; //etc

Selling categories working per trader (fake array while developing) and listbox is populated accordingly.
Colour scheme is taken from player's configs btw (ESC > Game Options > Colors). So for some it'll be orange for some blue, you get the idea.

Here are some more screenshots of progress: http://imgur.com/a/MF3Pb

1 hour ago, KPABATOK said:

Please do not forget ability to selling everything that is in a car, for example. Unless there are some hidden issues with this feature. :) That would be great. Because selling individual items won't do it, in my opinion.

Ability to sell directly from vehicle while you're sitting in it won't be added, that's just laziness :)

There will be ability to sell from nearby owned and unlocked vehicle, however. I know it would be possible to unlock vehicle for a second to take a peak at gear and lock it, but I can think of many ways people would exploit this. For this reason and for sake of simplicity only unlocked vehicles will be supported I guess.

I have found that having CUP mods installed on the server adds some great variety to the weapons that can be found by looting, the problem is without putting in extra sources of ammo ( altered mission crates, black market traders, adding another loot spawner etc..) they are of limited use.

As a trader suggestion for future maybe have the ability to place an order with the trader for out of stock or hard to find i.e.. Cup ammo items . This could be a time delayed delivery at a high price or maybe even built into the trader missions.

22 hours ago, raymix said:

Ability to sell directly from vehicle while you're sitting in it won't be added, that's just laziness :)

There will be ability to sell from nearby owned and unlocked vehicle, however. I know it would be possible to unlock vehicle for a second to take a peak at gear and lock it, but I can think of many ways people would exploit this. For this reason and for sake of simplicity only unlocked vehicles will be supported I guess.

ah yes, of course, I meant not sitting in a car, but standing near it, open, and getting a function to sell all the inventory of the car or car plus inventory. Like in Exile :D It is one of those features in Exile that I liked.

12 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

ah yes, of course, I meant not sitting in a car, but standing near it, open, and getting a function to sell all the inventory of the car or car plus inventory. Like in Exile :D It is one of those features in Exile that I liked.

Sorry I'm not familiar with how other mods do things, this is why I ask you guys what you want.... can barely find free time to develop mod, nevermind actually playing it or any other mods lol.
I suppose no harm borrowing an idea or 2 from Exile since they borrowed snapping idea from SBP and hundreds of players called it unique lol.

12 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

And this kind of stuff.. is why exile was born, epoch of course opened the gate for exile and others, trading and building ... was all stolen from the A2 Epoch .. never have been able to figure why such a direct opposite direction from the A2 mod epoch was taken. 
But the trader from pack and vehicle was never a epoch feature .. was a script trade from vehicle ver 2.0 was Csus. Not a epoch native ..many of the once add-ons  are now built in to the exile mod.. which is great for the server owner .. for what ever reason VBAWOL cant or wont do the same for Epoch .. sorry VBAWOL but We love Epoch and want to see it grow and people to come back and start writing scripts etc for epoch again as well as exile .

19 minutes ago, He-Man said:

Refill Magazines for 80% of the selling price?!

That would work.

That way if you do manage to find 2 or 3 magazines for that favorite CUP weapon you have found you can at least get some use out of it.