PBO Manager currupts as soon as file is opened

xMicroNinjax

Question

EDIT:

After resetting all character related data the server works successfully for the first time you connect but the issue comes around again after you join the second time. Currently I am the only one who can jump on the server and test but once I get a couple friends to test out the server I will report my findings to this post.

Thought I would get back into DayZ servers again but I've hit a brick wall right away. I’m fairly proficient with making my own scripts, server and whatnot but this has trumped me. With all the vanilla files for an epoch server it works fine (Currently running Utes no modifications). But it seems that as soon as I literally open "dayz_server.pbo" with either PBOManager v.1.4 beta or PboView and close it (With no modifications made) as soon as I start up the server and try to reconnect, the client hangs on "waiting for character to create". It appears as if the pbo has not been changed at all, the file size is exactly the same and nothing noticeable has changed.

What I have tried so far is:

• to download the client files for Arma 2 OA and the epoch mod again.
  • to remake the server from scratch with newly downloaded files
  • reinstall both pbo packages
  • reset all char data on the database after it has been corrupted.

I have tried all of this on two different pc's and another vm with win 7.

I'm running the server on a windows server 2012 box

My main gaming machine is on windows 10

The vm was on windows 7

Thanks for any advice guys c:

2 answers to this question

ok did some digging and i can get cpbo to work. follow this video.

i have not tried to see if it works better. doing that now will follow up

just confirmed all my backup files brought the server back up. will try and install mods again but using cpbo instead.

i seem to be running in to this issues as well. trying for the last 4 days to install single currency 3.0 follow directions to a T. but server will not work. i have valayer so i reinstall service and it start again. i installed cpbo from admin tools but if i dont have pbomanager installed i get no options for creation or extracting pbos.   I ran the cpbo program and its set as default.