Make DayZ Mod Great Again!

Is this the way we want DayZ Mod to end? In a bunch of servers that are Militarized and you go in one barrack and have practically every item in the game? I for one am sick of playing on servers like this, I mean whats the point of playing DayZ If your going to get a spawn selection and a freaking kit, not to mention walking zombies or no Freaking Zombies at all! I remember when DayZ was good, when it had a survival feeling to the game, now its no different then wastelands or domination. I mean what happened to all the players that loved the survival feel of the game, I still see a couple of vanilla servers, and I have made a Vanilla Epoch server to contribute to this, but this is not a Advertisement so I won't talk about that, but all I'm trying to say is for those of you who don't wanna see DayZ get known to be this Wasteland type of gamemode, Then please I feel this community can make it great again! maybe even get popular again and known as a good survival game!

Well most dayz players who understood what the game was and should be ,went to standalone, now all its left here are players who like easy and fast loot, arcade style gameplay, big non sense bases... not the most brightests of players are left in dayz mod leaving them to fall in easy prays adds like: FULL GEAR on startup, BOTS missions, LOW ZOMBIES, JETS, TANKS, BASES with 10 slots heli in 15 min wowowowow....  and also new and\or young players who dont have the chance to know the gameplay otherwise.

Thoes desperates money opportunities (by "donations") seeking people and narrow minded players ruined dazy mod. The joy of adventure, adrenaline, hard work reward what it was is replaced .. well with this.

In my opinion the only way to revive anything, is to gather make a whole new section on forums dedicated to classic dayz, with whos left and get some servers up and advertise it and specify the gameplay intended and hopefully spark some interes.

Not a bad idea on the 'Classic' section of the forum, I'll raise the idea with the rest of the team..

We're in for the long haul and hope that once Epoch 3 matures some of the players might come back. It is a bit dis-heartening when you spend hours working on an antagonist and the first question you're asked is how to switch them off because they are killing people. Duh, that's how we designed them :)

I'd would also like to see the potential of epoch unlocked in many ways before it goes the way of all things. I agree in some ways with mister 'Axe'  the mod has lost its survival edge. The game balance is wrong on most servers I've encountered. Just learned how to setup my own private hive, got it working to epoch 1.0.5.1 but its  infuriating at times. Map items thats don't show for no apparent reason, safes and vehicles that lose their contents after restart (this is a major problem I have) and lots of other shit that makes you want to pull you hair out! Bah but here I go again trying to get another damn script to work. But i would like to cooperate with like minded people on this so let's goooooooo!

To be honest most people will never join those stock epoch survival servers anymore due to dayz standalone .

Most people who play dayz standalone join A2 or A3 because it is a running simulator .

They all wants guns when they spawn in and they want to select where they can spawn just for a single reason , its more fun then walking around searching for a can of food .

Dont think a server without these things survive for a long time people are spoiled i Always refused to add groupmanagement and spawnselection but server stayed empty .....

ure right.. in 2012 , 2013 i was hosting a dayz vanilla server on my pc.  in the past players loved the mod.  Now im hosting an Epoch,, and i see like a new generation of players.. who want walker zombies..stpids zombies,  he ask for tanks,rpg,jets, in some case players say me "please get out the zoombies from server" :S  hate them :D

The servers the most popular speak clearly for what people want.

Sure there are a hardcore of players who want old school, but the vast majority want COD with walking zombies.

Server owners have a choice. Either give players what they want and have full servers, or stick to old school and have a handful of people come and go

On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 11:17 PM, lwbuk said:

The servers the most popular speak clearly for what people want.

Sure there are a hardcore of players who want old school, but the vast majority want COD with walking zombies.

Server owners have a choice. Either give players what they want and have full servers, or stick to old school and have a handful of people come and go

Yes and No... most the popular servers are full because the cheap comercial like "starting gear" "start with 10 BC" " trade inside your base why even bother going to a trader" and so on, of course is temting for the majority and new players will join that  server because is full and so on, values are lost in the proccess, the point of the game is forgoten.

Going with whats popular its wrong,masses of people are players who dont know, dont care or are idiots, just like voters in country, you can buy them with cheap campaign and make money from them because their primitive instincts come first, like in dayz with donating patchages.

People dont know what they want, they need a strong community to guide them, DayZ Mod went in the wrong direction thats for sure.

Server owners made this, a race bettween the servers to get the players and make money consumed the gameplay and what what dayz had at an accelerating rate.

Hopping the classic section will appear and maybe old players who went to other games will come back :), dayz classic can be improved, but not in what it is today, im not neccesary oldschool but this is "wrongschool".