Hi Sp4rkY, I have another thing that could be improved. wouldn't necessarily call it an issue but, more of a potential improvement...

With vehicle protect on, if you drive into a safezone and want to pick up a group member who is already in there, he can't enter the vehicle or gear it. However, if he is in the vehicle when you drive in, then he can. So, at the moment players who are in the same group are having to meet outside of the zones and then make their way in together to buy and sell items.

I think it would be better if the vehicle protect works in the same way as the epoch group access for vehicles........anyone who is member of the group associated with the vehicle is unaffected by the vehicle protect checks.

Apologies Sp4rkY, although I scanned the WIP section, I didn't make the association. Probably read it quite late. :rolleyes:

Seems odd though that currently non owners can access the vehicle after getting out of it as long as they are driven into the safezone in it....no probs, I look forward to the update :)

Yep, it will come. I hope not so late :D

And yes, the wip section couldn´t get into relation of your issue, but i meant it like that. xd

anyways, the ToDo list was updated for myself and i will start soon with it.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

updated to v0.444

[fixed] if entered a safezone with a vehicle, you can get killed from a player standing outside of the zone

test it and report if its working for you or not.

Stay tuned for the next update :)

cheers

Finally that works for me too. Also the players are nomore killable from outside the safezone.

BUT, players still get the EHFired 2 autoban, if I don't edit security_checks.h.

Also HandleDamage 1 Admin ban happend to some players after a while in safezone.

What did I do wrong ?

On 26.6.2016 at 11:06 AM, Tarabas said:

Finally that works for me too. Also the players are nomore killable from outside the safezone.

BUT, players still get the EHFired 2 autoban, if I don't edit security_checks.h.

Also HandleDamage 1 Admin ban happend to some players after a while in safezone.

What did I do wrong ?

Try the following:
Go to your security_checks.h and change this:

class addEventHandler {
        checks[] = {"Fired","InventoryClosed","InventoryOpened","Killed","HandleDamage","HandleHeal","Dammaged","Hit","HitPart"};
    };

to this:

class addEventHandler {
        checks[] = {"InventoryClosed","InventoryOpened","Killed","HandleHeal","Dammaged","Hit","HitPart"};
    };

and tell me if its working. ;)

cheers

Yes, that's what I did. And yes it's working to disable security checks, to prevent bans but that means everyone can use fired or handle damage to cheat..

I am very interested to get back the script without disabling those security checks if it's somehow possible..

Ofcourse i understand this, but I didnt found another solution for this now. Its the same when you using Infistar, you have to disable the EH-Fired and HandleDamage - checks, otherwise it wouldnt works. Has nothing to do with Battleye, where you can say, specially "this" EH i want to disable. I dont think that there is an other way, but if you can figure out one, let me know. I will also do it if I find some....

Actually iam working on the new update for ESVP btw... :)

cheers

Thats the same problem we already had in Andres savezone script for Epoch found here in forum. but we had no solution for than or no entry to give exeption for.. 

This is such a nice script and I'd love to use it on our server.  but both of checks are hardly needed.

Yes I will tell if I found a possibility, or/and hope someone can give us support for that.

+ I look forward to your update :-)

Thank you Sparky

Fired bullets will automatically be deleted in safezones

Can this be disabled?

I want to use a safezone for the LHD carrier (CUP mod) to prevent players dying from a fall or glitch so basically I just want god mode for players while they are on the carrier (It's a PVE server). I still would like to be able to shoot weapons from the carrier if AI come close to it.

Thank you.

Ofcourse it could, but for my opinion that wouldnt be the sense of a safezone script anymore.

But I will do something for you, just give me some time (too much other things have to be done ^^).
I dont know if I will add this wish into the script, but I will do you a favour :)

cheers

11 hours ago, Hux said:

Can this be disabled?

I did something for you. Tested it and it is working but its also like i thought. The code is slower with these new checks. Ofcourse I could take the bullet-check completely off but I want to keep it optional.
But anyways, this will not be a feature of a further release.

Whatever:
Added 2 new variables for you to the config.sqf (did some "/////" around them).
So, hope you have fun with it. ;)

https://github.com/SPKcoding/shared/tree/master/ESVP_v0.504a

cheers

14 hours ago, Sp4rkY said:

I did something for you. Tested it and it is working but its also like i thought. The code is slower with these new checks. Ofcourse I could take the bullet-check completely off but I want to keep it optional.
But anyways, this will not be a feature of a further release.

Whatever:
Added 2 new variables for you to the config.sqf (did some "/////" around them).
So, hope you have fun with it. ;)

https://github.com/SPKcoding/shared/tree/master/ESVP_v0.504a

cheers

That's very kind. I didn't expect such first class treatment...:happy:

I'll try it out as soon as possible and let you know how it goes.

Thank you very much.