Experimental 0.3.9 Trader Mission and other stuff.

Been trying out the re-vamped Pike 's peak mission and am okay with small tweaks to acceptance and delivery of the documents. On Axeman's server noticed that payout is now in mainly guns and ammo. Is this now standard or is the payout from trader on completion something confgurable by server owner? If the latter can it be that payouts vary from military hardware to building supplies to food and meds, or are traders fixed to one type of payout?

The Downed plane mission is the other one i tried, it takes a long time for trader to give up information on what mission is, once chosen can player just move on or does he have to wait for trader to finish his spiel and map to generate location.

Also i take it that the possible ai at crash location are called by drone? Because so far i have yet to face opposition for supplies found. Payout has been a nice variety of mixed items including weapons and buildables and supplies, this variety is what i would hope for from Pike's Peak mission as well.

Overall i have always used pike's peak in my Epoch play especially when alone as the warnings from trader were useful. My only two concerns are regarding length of time for trader to generate communication dialogues and the payout variety.

Thanks for all the great work!

The missions are fully configurable. They are essentially split up into tasks and as one task is complete you can trigger the next one.

The payout can be set in the config as an array of items or, as I have done, Spawned a weaponholder and used the built in looting system. I quite likely will add a loot class as an option for payout. A couple of remoteExecs have been additionally allowed to support this and we need to test the security on them.

You can see the Pikes Peak config here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/experimental/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/CfgMissions/CfgmissionDelivery.hpp

There is a background function that monitors and handles the triggering, spawning, markers, dialogue, timing etc.. You can move on once the mission starts. A more detailed explanation of each section of a task is here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/experimental/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/CfgMissions/CfgExample.hpp

The military missions does take a bit long to get going, I can reduce that down. Another known bug is when continuing missions after logging, I made the mistake of using local global variables across tasks (e.g. milCrashPos), these obviously get wiped when logging. I need to look at how best to persist variables or get around the need for them. uiNameSpace was used in Pikes Peak, am not so keen on using that as it can cause issues when switching servers and likely won't persist long enough anyway.

I am also seeing the lack of hatchet swing, possibly related to the 'Invalid Move' errors since 1.60.

Thanks for the feedback.

Noticing that there is at present a 'delay' on the building upgrade animation/simulation, where by the piece just placed disappears on completion of simulation and does not re-appear for approx 20-30 secs.

Quite happy to wait for this just not seen it and wondered if it is new to combat the offset at angles placement of build-ables that is still being seen in 0.3.8?

Also have noticed that no shoreline containers nor ferris wheel markers, are spawning on either Axeman's nor Mell's servers. Are they temporarily removed? Are they going for good?

For Mell's Napf server in particular i have sqf files for positions of Altis style Atm's and phone booths, also one for Altis style fountains, that we used on UKGZ's short lived :sad: Napf Survival server, gladly share it if required or useful.

I have seen that building delay before, though is not happening right now. It could be a delay in saving the item or the server actually creating it, can you reproduce it ? I had quite a big base before I noticed it before.

The Ferris Wheels etc. are Epoch Events, there was a path difference between standard and experimental which has been fixed on the latest experimental release, have updated the Dev Playground server manually.

I cannot reproduce it on demand; it happened with several pieces during that same session, I clipped that piece as the most obvious example.

Have not found the right pieces yet on your server to enable me to build, require cables! Will hopefully jump on and try and then can see if happens in different servers.

On 6/5/2016 at 1:13 PM, axeman said:

I have seen that building delay before, though is not happening right now. It could be a delay in saving the item or the server actually creating it, can you reproduce it ? I had quite a big base before I noticed it before.

The Ferris Wheels etc. are Epoch Events, there was a path difference between standard and experimental which has been fixed on the latest experimental release, have updated the Dev Playground server manually.

I cannot reproduce it on demand it happens erratically. In building on Dev playground it has happened only twice, both times in upgrading a stud wall to metal wall. My previous example and other pieces on Mell's were all of different types.

I take it the blue dots that indicate jammer locations are to add that functionality to the anti hack in Epoch and will not be a visible feature in next patch release?

Can confirm the bug TSSR (nice book by the way lol) reported, reproduced myself yesterday but as been said, it is not consistent.

For example you want to build 4 walls surrounding a floor, you put 1, then 2nd then 3rd until all 4 are standing and timers run out and one of them (when its timer runs out) disappears for 15-20 seconds. It re-appears of course, then you can continue building. It seems to me to be happening randomly, over the period of 3 weeks it happened only 4, maybe 5 times. Usually when I try to place multiple buildables one after another in short period of time.

A random thought, is it near to the next server restart. ?

On my local server I normally turn off BE to easily use the built in debug console. The upshot being that the server, although mostly empty, doesn't get a restart for days at a time. 

Would be interested to see if the server fps is low at these times. It could be the client waiting for the server to create the object. I have also seen a delay in orientation of the base part. I can see itset, at the default direction, but it takes a few seconds to line up properly..