New update

Cam1993

Just now, Sasha-ff said:

Hi there is a problem is not possible to go to the server epoch with established modes
  Arma 3 hangs on the loading screen

maybe it's only my problem
On the server exile + mods comes to normal

Not alone i have been unable to join stable branch Epoch servers since 1.60 update have ticket in with BI.

I can join Experimental Epoch servers without issue. I can join other modded MP servers, but oddly not Wasteland servers where i have same issue.

BI's advice so far was to re install arma 3, then verify my cache, then join a vanilla unmodded server, eg KOTH. I have done this 4 times since 1.60 launched and still cannot join Epoch servers, not even the one i meant to be admin on! Yes i have completely wiped computer of steam workshop version of Epoch and installed from Epochmod.com pages instead with no difference. I have also started with complete new profiles and cleaned out mpmissionscache, still cannot join Epoch servers, any epoch servers currently running on stable 0.3.8.

11 minutes ago, TheStainlessSteelRat said:

Not alone i have been unable to join stable branch Epoch servers since 1.60 update have ticket in with BI.

I can join Experimental Epoch servers without issue. I can join other modded MP servers, but oddly not Wasteland servers where i have same issue.

BI's advice so far was to re install arma 3, then verify my cache, then join a vanilla unmodded server, eg KOTH. I have done this 4 times since 1.60 launched and still cannot join Epoch servers, not even the one i meant to be admin on! Yes i have completely wiped computer of steam workshop version of Epoch and installed from Epochmod.com pages instead with no difference. I have also started with complete new profiles and cleaned out mpmissionscache, still cannot join Epoch servers, any epoch servers currently running on stable 0.3.8.

that's weird. Does it give any errors? I mean how the whole process goes when you try to join?

18 minutes ago, KPABATOK said:

that's weird. Does it give any errors? I mean how the whole process goes when you try to join?

As Sasha is experiencing, the game will 'freeze' whilst on the loading screen, the progress bar stops about inch and half from end, only way to proceed is the open task manager and close Arma 3.

BI suggested that there was corruption in my Arma files so a fresh install would help, but that i must verify files before trying the start game, (they obviously did not take note of the fact that i had told them in my ticket that i had already done this myself and had even gone as far as defragmenting my hard drive).

I have tried to repeat the process almost daily, with no success in joining Epoch. I have of course wiped and re installed Epoch mod each time as well, the last time not using steam workshop, but downloaded from this website.

I have many Bi crash reports available if anyone is willing to look at them, as of Monday I have heard nothing more about my ticket other than they are continuing to look at it.

I even switched to dev branch and could look around Tanoa yesterday, but cannot play Epoch Vanilla or modded in version 0.3.8 since Arma 3 update 1.60.

So got a response from Bi as to what is cause of my issue:

Hello,

so a fix on our side is being worked on and should be available in the next update.

Unfortunately it seems that this issue was caused by bad animation configuration in the mod. To get the game going, you would need to uninstall the mods, verify the integrity or reinstall it completely and not install the mods again until update is released with the fix. Another way would be that mod creators fix the bad animation configs.

I am sorry if this is not of much help, but options for the fix on our side are currently very limited so there is not much advise that I can offer.

Please try to reinstall the game to have only vanilla, do not install the mods at all and should the game freeze again, please send me the rpt files.
It is possible that getting it freeze without mods running we might be able to find something that was hiding behind the mod errors.

So I have to wait until either Epoch fixes 'bad animation config' or for next Arma update to be able to play! I have asked them if possible to provide what animation configs are causing issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on this? I get a ton of these..

16:33:46 Invalid move passenger_inside_5_Idle in action passenger_inside_5 (bin\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/Actions/DeployedProneActions/)
16:33:46 Invalid move passenger_inside_6_Idle in action passenger_inside_6 (bin\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/Actions/DeployedProneActions/)
16:33:46 Invalid move passenger_bench_1_Idle in action passenger_bench_1 (bin\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/Actions/DeployedProneActions/)
16:33:46 Invalid move passenger_boat_1_Idle in action passenger_boat_1 (bin\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/Actions/DeployedProneActions/)
16:33:46 Invalid move passenger_boat_2_Idle in action passenger_boat_2 (bin\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/Actions/DeployedProneActions/)
16:33:46 Invalid move passenger_boat_3_Idle in action passenger_boat_3 (bin\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/Actions/DeployedProneActions/)