RHS Tanks kicking when Shot

arc7r7

Question

After the 0.4.1 update to RHS, everytime one of the Tanks is shot it produces a battleye kick for setdamage

#31 "tration\meatbones.bisurf")then{
(driver (_array select 0)) setDamage 1;

};

if(!((_array select 9) == "a3\data_f\penetration\me"

I've tried setting a filter for this without success. Can anyone submit a working filter for this please?

3 answers to this question

SetDamage is avoided as much as possible in Epoch for security reasons as it is far too exploitable.

The preferred method is to ask the server to perform the setdamage on the object. That way you keep control of who/what receives damage.

That said, what is your filter line ? And which BE .txt file are you putting it in ? Is it definitely setdamage that is causing the kick ?

There only reason I ask is the latest server install pack doesn't have 36 lines in setdamage.txt, am on my phone so may be wrong :)

That also sounds like a scripts.txt kick to me, however does not match ours as we don't even have a setDamage line in our scripts.txt as we restrict all setdamage server side via setDamage.txt. As Axeman said you should refrain from allowing players to setDamage. (if you allow it on the player class that will also allow others to abuse it. I know this works against the way most mods are setup, but I don't think many take into account how things work in MP. Not only does allowing setDamage open you up to more abuse it can mend broken bones. For example if your legs are broken and a script uses setDamage against you with a value less than 0.7 your legs will instantly get healed as it overrides the hit point damage and the same goes for vehicles too. 

Spoiler

!="(driver (_array select 0)) setDamage 1;"