Server can't find initFunctions.sqf

ahughes3

Hi all,

I am currently trying to set up a server on a Linux base and have followed the youtube tutorial by Jahangirl. Everything pretty much seems to have gone ok, until I start the server through the command line. Again, most of it seems to load ok but then gets stuck and throws the following error:

Warning Message: Script x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\bis_functions\initFunctions.sqf not found

Then the server just sits there. As far as I can remember from my days of Arma 2, the iniFunctions file sits inside the a3_epoch_code.pbo? I've never know the file to be missing before and so I'm wondering if this isn't just a symptomatic issue relating to something else. I've had a search on here and google but I've found any definitive answers. I have the port set to 2309 and have opened the port so I know that's not the problem.

Any suggestions you can give on what to look at would be great.

Thanks

Andy

You'll need to update your mod and mission files, no such file exists under epoch_code.

Plus epoch_code is now merged into MPMissions, it's not part of mod structure as your message indicates - x\addons\

Thanks for the reply Raymix. The client and server files I used for my installation are the latest ones from the epoch.mod website. Shouldn't they be up to date? Or am I misunderstanding you? Both the client and server downloads I used were 0.3.8.0440.

6 minutes ago, ahughes3 said:

Thanks for the reply Raymix. The client and server files I used for my installation are the latest ones from the epoch.mod website. Shouldn't they be up to date? Or am I misunderstanding you? Both the client and server downloads I used were 0.3.8.0440.

can you give us exact links to what you downloaded

Hi mgm, sure thing. The link to the client I used, was:

https://whocaresabout.de/epoch/Epoch_Client_0.3.8.0.zip

and the link to the server files was:

https://api.github.com/repos/EpochModTeam/Epoch/tarball/0.3.8.0440

I installed them through the command line.

This is the installation guide I was using:

http://pastebin.com/y2DFBGAt

Obviously, I used the files above, in place of the server/client files specified.

5 hours ago, ahughes3 said:

Hi all,

I am currently trying to set up a server on a Linux base and have followed the youtube tutorial by Jahangirl. Everything pretty much seems to have gone ok, until I start the server through the command line. Again, most of it seems to load ok but then gets stuck and throws the following error:

Warning Message: Script x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\bis_functions\initFunctions.sqf not found

Then the server just sits there. As far as I can remember from my days of Arma 2, the iniFunctions file sits inside the a3_epoch_code.pbo? I've never know the file to be missing before and so I'm wondering if this isn't just a symptomatic issue relating to something else. I've had a search on here and google but I've found any definitive answers. I have the port set to 2309 and have opened the port so I know that's not the problem.

Any suggestions you can give on what to look at would be great.

Thanks

Andy

I checked the client side code for you, there is a "a3_epoch_code" addon when you unPBO it, there is no compile under it.

There is compile under server side but the path is totally different and the filename still does not match.

I would use linux command line utility grep to identify the file that is trying to access InitFunctions.sqf and take it from there.