[EMS] Epoch Mission System - Release 0.2.1

mimic

Epoch Mission System

Credits:
Lazyink, TheSzerdi, Falcyn , TAWTonic, EPOCH DEV's
Merged DayZ Chernarus Mission System's from TheSzerdi and Lazyink with permission.

Modded & Developed by: TheFuchs & MimiC

Epoch Mission System ( EMS ) is a modified version of Lazyink & TheSzerdi's DayZ Chernarus Mission systems. The two projects were merged by Fuchs and released with some SargeAI configs to enhance the gameplay of Epoch Chernarus servers. The project was then renamed to "Epoch Mission System" after MimiC joined Fuchs and further development was done on it. It has now been released as a new project, with a total of 26 unique missions that are specific to Epoch servers.

This mission system will not work properly on non-Epoch servers or servers that do not have SargeAI already installed.

Requirements
  • Notepad++
  • PBO Manager
  • SargeAI 1.5.2+ (Already on your server)
  • Epoch 1.0.2.5 Server

Difficulty

Easy : 10-15 minutes
  • Some knowledge of Epoch Server & Mission file locations
  • How to use PBO manager to unpack and pack PBO files

Installation Instructions

Download and unpack the most recent release of EMS from our GitHub Release Section. Currently this is version 0.2.1

Make a copy of your dayz_server.pbo and rename it dayz_server.pbo.bak

Unpack your dayz_server.pbo to a folder called dayz_server

Copy the Missions folder from the EMS download and paste it into the root of your unpacked dayz_server

Edit your server_functions.sqf
Located: dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf

Around line 30 look for this:

server_deaths = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerDeaths.sqf";

Add this after it:

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

Around line 540 look for this:

dayz_recordLogin = {
  private["_key"];
  _key = format["CHILD:103:%1:%2:%3:",_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2];
  _key call server_hiveWrite;
};

Insert this after it:

//----------InitMissions--------//
MissionGo = 0;
MissionGoMinor = 0;
if (isServer) then { 
SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system
SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7","SM8","SM9","SM10","SM11","SM12","SM13"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system
};
//---------EndInitMissions------//

Edit server_updateObject.sqf
Located: dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf

Around line 22 look for this:

{ 
  diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
  //force fail
  _objectID = "0";
  _uid = "0";
};

Insert this after it:

if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {};

Edit server_cleanup.fsm
Located: dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm

Around line 298 look for this:

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Replace with this:

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Repack your dayz_server.pbo and replace your original one.

Mission PBO Instructions

Unpack your mission PBO file using PBO Manager into a folder

Copy the debug folder from the EMS download to the root of your mission folder

Edit your init.sqf file

At the very end of you init.sqf file paste the following block of code:

// Mission System Markers
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf";
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf"; 

This will make the mission markers show up on the map for players that have died and respawn, or connect to the server after a mission has already spawned.

Repack your mission PBO using PBO Manager and replace your existing mission.pbo file

Included in the release files are suggested configs for SargeAI. These offer a good balance between difficulty, and fun. They have been tested and proven to work with no issues. 

• AI have 600m detect range
  • Reduced accuracy (highly inaccurate beyond 300m)
  • Reduced aim speed
  • Increased commanding and courage
  • Increased response time
  • Lower dynamic spawn numbers
  • No vehicle patrols
  • No helicopter patrols

Replace your SAR_config.sqf and SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf in your mission PBO with the ones provided in the release files to take advantage of these features.

*Always make a backup of your files. We're not responsible if you lose or ruin your config.

What are your intentions to achieve? More missions or complete different mission structure? I am very interested in this keep it going...

Both.

Initially we will launch with 26 missions. 13 Major and 13 Minor. These missions will be slightly customized for Epoch servers. Having mission rewards with Epoch specific loot, stuff like that.

The initial release will be performance improvements and bug fixes, with clearer documentation over the existing release that Fuchs has out. We've also got a GitHub setup so we can push through proper releases, code management, and bug tracking / fixes. This will be considered a "minor" release.

The next release will be much more significant. Reworked missions, perhaps having a storyline built into the missions. More immersive experiences at the missions, and making them more challenging.

Also including some suggested AI configs for SargeAI to improve the mission AI units for more challenging scenarios.

If you have any idea's or suggestions we're completely open to them.

I don't know if it is possible but maybe try and set something up that would be indoors. As we all know our players like to just snipe the missions from a distance. Boring but effective. Maybe have them set up in houses that spawn so they actually have to go in and clear the house? 

just an idea. Don't know if it is possible. 

I don't know if it is possible but maybe try and set something up that would be indoors. As we all know our players like to just snipe the missions from a distance. Boring but effective. Maybe have them set up in houses that spawn so they actually have to go in and clear the house? 

just an idea. Don't know if it is possible. 

I can look into spawning a mission indoors, kind of like assaulting a building. I have made some modifications to the AI config that makes them more dangerous, even to long range sniping. I'm also playing with a few ideas of spacing out the AI mission groups so some are at a greater distance from the mission than others.

Is it different from the Chernarus Mission System on OpenDayz.net? 

This is based on that. Fuchs took Lazyink and TheSzerdi's mission systems and with permission merged them for more missions. Then did some SargeAI changes. We're dropping most of the SargeAI stuff he did and focusing on making the merge missions more specific to Epoch.

hm indoors ..sounds like my brain has something to do again^^

The other idea I had immediately after reading that was to spawn more missions directly inside towns so they have the cover of buildings to protect the mission AI from long range sniping.

Yeah that sounds good ,i'm thinking about addding it in after the first initial release .

Currently i have 3 diff. custom test mission but running over a lot of issues...argh 

mimic im on your forums can u come?

mimic well done here ! :)

Maybe parts from the GOC Mappack will also be included ... in a later release !

I've got the permission from Charlatan ! :wub:

Please do try and kill the habit of people snipping from a distance. It's not really the way I think these missions should be played out. Make like a huge compund that people have to go through and clear. No shots can be taken from a distance this way. Maybe you have to dumb them down a bit just to make the close combat a little easier...

I know its not a simple as that but please have this in mind :D

Missions are great and I love them! The hill billy one gets me every time :') 

This is a major thing we are thinking on !

i love the axemurderer argh !

We also will implement really heavy and sick missions and get some ZEDs involved ,i call this mission on my server Umbrella Inc. Territory ,but that does run on the modules on the server .pbo and running with dzai ! i hope i can transfer it to the EMS

Missin Fort Knox sounds that good ? Just to keep in my and mimics mind having trouble with my internet or chrome ...weird

Please do try and kill the habit of people snipping from a distance. It's not really the way I think these missions should be played out. Make like a huge compund that people have to go through and clear. No shots can be taken from a distance this way. Maybe you have to dumb them down a bit just to make the close combat a little easier...

I know its not a simple as that but please have this in mind :D

Missions are great and I love them! The hill billy one gets me every time :') 

I have a few concepts I'm going to test after this next release that will address players killing off the AI by long range sniping.

Read the first post. [This mission system will not work properly on non-Epoch servers or servers that do not have SargeAI already installed.]

Which original missions do u mean?

I think he is referring to the DayZChernarus Mission System from lazyink, you could chose what AI system you wanted to use (more or less).

Back from work now !

_baserunover6 setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[(_coords select 0) - 3, _coords select 1,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_crate] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\misc\fillBoxesM.sqf";
_crate setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

to [so in the fact u can use other ai too but may can it handle vehicle patroling on missions? I think no ai can handle it ,sarge can !!]

_baserunover6 setVariable ["DZAI",1,true];

_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[(_coords select 0) - 3, _coords select 1,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_crate setVariable ["DZAI",1,true];

Read the first post. [This mission system will not work properly on non-Epoch servers or servers that do not have SargeAI already installed.]

Which original missions do u mean?

I did read it and that's why i asked if it had to be Sarge AI :) as Axe Cop said the original works with Sarge, DAYZAI or a factions.sqf so i was wondering if the new release would be the same.

Would this work ?

_baserunover6 setVariable ["Mission",1,true];

_crate setVariable ["Mission",1,true];

Obviously without Sarge AI you won't have vehicles but can it be an option ? foot soldiers only for factions.sqf and DAYZAI

The same not really,we wanna make something unique ,specially for epoch !

The Thing i released at first was based on DayZCC,DayZ 1.7.6.1 and rMod2.1 ,since i thought it would be awesome to be the only one with 26 missions.

But i think DayZ Vanilla is dead and Epoch is higher then the rising sun ,so i tooked the files over my server and got a lot of issues on epoch .

Edited it a bit and tada ,disaster was nere.

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2611-outdatedsarge-ai-epoch-edition-mission-system-26-missions/

A question to all u out there :

[WIP] What message system u prefer?

Mission start

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1ezt4gpl6pn9z0/arma2oa_2013_11_28_22_43_41_532.jpg

Mission ends 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsahwqasf2jk1vc/arma2oa_2013_11_28_22_53_02_536.jpg

Thats how i managed it for myself ,mimic doesnt like it much ,can we have a poll for this ?

Maca's or the one that comes with the original Mission System ?

Edited by Fuchs

[WIP] What message system u prefer?

Mission start

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1ezt4gpl6pn9z0/arma2oa_2013_11_28_22_43_41_532.jpg

Mission ends 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsahwqasf2jk1vc/arma2oa_2013_11_28_22_53_02_536.jpg

Thats how i managed it for myself ,mimic doesnt like it much ,can we have a poll for this ?

the default "hints" look pretty ugly in my opinion, on my server it opens the default player monitor with a message like this: http://i.imgur.com/7UXiapt.jpg

Anyway you should add the location in the text, and eventually remove the (debug) markers from the map so it just says something like "a helicoper crashed near stary sobor", so people know where to look for it but they have to search a little :)