Epoch buildings hit points

aimgame

Question

Hi! Is there any way to edit the health of some epoch build objects? I.e. cinder walls or metal floors... 

The problem is that they can easily be destroed with just a few RPG rockets... so im looking for a way to make them stronger:) 

10 answers to this question

The armor values are pretty high as it is but you cannot change the armor value without a change to the main mods files. It can be hard to balance destruction when things like RPGs get added to the mix. When the Epoch configs get split from the main assets it should be a possible to make a increased armor mod that could be loaded along side @epoch just to do this. I expect to have this done for the next release 0.3.9.

1 hour ago, vbawol said:

The armor values are pretty high as it is but you cannot change the armor value without a change to the main mods files. It can be hard to balance destruction when things like RPGs get added to the mix. When the Epoch configs get split from the main assets it should be a possible to make a increased armor mod that could be loaded along side @epoch just to do this. I expect to have this done for the next release 0.3.9.

This looks like prime minister's questions vbawol answering all questions today. Let's do this weekly one day?

vbawol , thank you for answer! I have a few more questions left:

Im sure there is some time of indestructibility for cinder objects after jammer was maintained. I'd like to know what is the exact value of this time? Is it 24 hours? And could it be changed? And also is it possible to change the list of objects that become indestructible after maintaining? I.e. add wooden objects there or even jammer itself.

Welcoming v1.0 ! My question rises again! Is it possible to change build objects health? Now a full cinder wall can be destroyed with 3-4 rpg rockets... so can i make some script changes somewhere to have cinder walls destroyble only by 50 rockets i.e. ???

P.S. If it's not in configs, and still only in mod files - where is it exactly?

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/EpochCore/blob/release/Sources/a3_epoch_configs/Configs/CfgVehicles.hpp

In case you did not know, you can make building parts indestructible on an individual part basis in the serverside @EpochHive/epochconfig.hpp. For example this would make all parts indestructible apart from storage and doors:

// BaseBuilding
UseIndestructible = "true";			// Enable / Disable Indestructible BaseObjects
IndestructibleBaseObjects[] =	{	// Can be Names or Classes
									"Constructions_static_F",
									"PlotPole_EPOCH"
								};
ExceptedBaseObjects[] = 		{	// Not Indestructible, also if in a Class of IndestructibleBaseObjects
									"CinderWallGarage_EPOCH",
									"CinderWallDoorwHatch_EPOCH",
									"WoodLargeWallDoorL_EPOCH",
									"WoodLargeWallDoor_EPOCH",
									"WoodWall4_EPOCH",
									"Buildable_Storage",
									"LockBox_EPOCH",
									"Safe_EPOCH"
								};

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/EpochCore/blob/release/Sources/a3_epoch_configs/Configs/CfgVehicles.hpp

In case you did not know, you can make building parts indestructible on an individual part basis in the serverside @EpochHive/epochconfig.hpp. For example this would make all parts indestructible apart from storage and doors:

I know about it. And it's not what i'm asking about:) I need building parts to be destructible, but it should be very tough... So even tanks would have to spend 1-2 hours of continuous shooting just to destroy one wall.

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

I passed the link to where the parts are configured in the first line @exploadead 

In order to change you will have to make a new client side mod that is installed on the server and each client. CfgVehicles can only be overridden in a client side mod...

Well then can i change something in a client side of epoch mod? 

Yes @exploadeadthough the easiest way is to create a new mod that overrides Epoch's config definitions in it's config.bin rather than touching the Epoch client mod. I do that myself on one of my servers in a mod I have published to Steam.

Anyone connecting to your server would have to have this new mod installed. There is no way around this. All the core ARMA configs (CfgWeapons, CfgVehicles, CfgMagazines and all the others) must be installed on the server and client and cannot be overridden in the mission file.

What you can try is add an Eventhandler on each part.

The best is to add it in the script, where the parts are loaded.

I have not tested it and have not a lot of experiences with this Eventhandler, but you can try it.

_basepart addeventhandler ["HandleDamage",{
	params ["_unit","_section","_damage"];
	_damage = _damage min 0.1;
	_damage
}];

This SHOULD give the Part a max damage of 10% per hit. Also if the damage would normally be higher. But as I said, I have not tested it and I am not sure, if it is working.

For more Informations: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#HandleDamage

Edit:

Eventhandler "Hit" could also be interesting for this.

Eventually someone has more experiences with this EH's and can help here?!