[Resolved] Getting 10 points of wetness

umfufu

Getting 10 points of wetness when walking on the sidearm of the pier at pyrgos (164.124) not on the main pier

also on the smaller pier when walking over the line beach/sea level  at pyrgos (163.128)

probally its on all of the piers/sidearms

Tested with plain epoch.altis.pbo , noticed it no rain but 100 wetness and no skinnydip :rolleyes:

Its not on the overal lenght of the pier , but like the 1st example i gave its halfway in the sea

Weird part is the sidearms give u a instant 10 point as soon as u step on them

But the issue should be easily fixed while sealevel is at a constant height ( say 0 ) so if u on a pier or build a base above sea its always more than 0

Else i know now how to get clean and (salty) fresh , and no cleanex tissues needed :laugh:

16 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

This is Arma 3 feature and been like this since the beginning. You get wet you stand on a pier (water bellow). Same happens if you build a base over water, you will constantly get wet and eventually die.

Can't really be a Arma feature since getting wet is a feature of Epoch. I am sure it is just a bug in the way I determine if you are in the water will check it.

Ok then its a bug cos iam on the pier not in the water next to the crates fishnet/boxes rubberbouys (pyrgos will check other piers)

As suchs the main pier at pyrgos has a sidearm when walking on it u see the counter goes up step of it nothing happens , till u walk to the end of the main pier (i believe near some crab-boxes where a stich is from the pier-elementbuildblock)

then the count starts again (approx half way the pier)

U walk back on the rightside the pier-armside it stops again , but u be standing on the first part of the pier in the sea

But will test later some other piers , and report back (it might be its only at the pyrgos pier)

[EDIT]

Ok the road-bridge from pyrgos to the island chelonisi gives a 10 point  (in older epoch releases it wasnt there , so looks to me more abug in the new A3 releases {kickme if iam wrong :tongue:)

And also the powerplant base below the airfield (154158) as soon as u step onto the pier to goto the officersbarrack /highfortification also a 10 point

Could try out all but think this will be enough so stay away from the piers atm , u will get wet and ruin guns  and food/drinks taste salty :blink:

On 2016-04-28 at 5:43 PM, vbawol said:

Can't really be a Arma feature since getting wet is a feature of Epoch. I am sure it is just a bug in the way I determine if you are in the water will check it.

ah, forgot that vanilla arma doesn't have wetness stats or anything like that :D so yes, looks like Epoch bug, Curious though how this determination works, like does it count only the sand/land as "wet-proof" areas but excludes piers which usually extend several meters into the water leaving land behind? To my amateur thinking it seems that piers simply are not "calculated" as land (that's me being captain obvious). Moreover, building the base in the middle of the ocean also makes problems how to calculate if player is just above water or in water. One of the solutions would be to make all building parts "water proof". 

this is done with making the player swimming  to trigger the count for wetness , so u should have a waterproof base now

U can sit at the shoreline yours shoes getting wet by in comming waves , but u still stay 'dirty'

Btw i thought that sealevel was pointed as level 0  , to overcome some problems with in land watermasses like the old A2 had